Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how're the flowers down there?

Originally posted by wideskies

well, i figure SOMEONE must drive by the tidal basin on the way to the freeway and s. capitol street... and would have noted the flowering trees.

or not >:|

yes.... flowers and more flowers!! Cherry blossoms are beautiful

cherryblossoms, dogwoods, whatever.

are the trees flowering in DC? up here in NYC, there are random flowering trees about in the scattered city parks, but i miss my hometown's vegetation.

They are gorgeous! I got to look at them for hours while I was stuck in traffic in front of the memorials. Damn tourists! Grrrr!

For real though - I was thinking about walking around the tidal basin before the end of the week. Would anybody be up for that?

Originally posted by malanee

They are gorgeous! I got to look at them for hours while I was stuck in traffic in front of the memorials. Damn tourists! Grrrr!

For real though - I was thinking about walking around the tidal basin before the end of the week. Would anybody be up for that?

sweetie i would go w/you! but i jacked up my ankle last weekend, won't be able to dance, run, or do much of anything for a while. . .:( :( :( . . . i hate not being able to dance

Originally posted by malanee

i went on saturday to see the cherry blossoms. i took some pics and will put them up tonight if any of you are interested in seeing 'em. malanee - shoot me a PM, i might be up for another walk around the tidal basin this week. its soooooooooo nice out!

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

i went on saturday to see the cherry blossoms. i took some pics and will put them up tonight if any of you are interested in seeing 'em. malanee - shoot me a PM, i might be up for another walk around the tidal basin this week. its soooooooooo nice out!

Being the foriegner that I am, what the hell is a Tidal basin?

Originally posted by scratchapella

sweetie i would go w/you! but i jacked up my ankle last weekend, won't be able to dance, run, or do much of anything for a while. . .:( :( :( . . . i hate not being able to dance

Oh noooo! I can't even imagina a non-dancing Scratch! Take care of yourself - okay?

My favorite flower? This is really tough. It def. isn't roses. But I love Irises, tulips, pansies, snap dragons, tiger lillies.

Originally posted by scratchapella

question for everyone: what's your favorite flower?

Cannabis is my favorite. I'm still a big fan of BC nugs, but I think the true hydro is making a comeback well at least I am trying to help push this movement(not an easy process though). :hat:

i would *love* to see pictures of the tidal basin!

i would also love to walk around there with you guys, but i'll have to be satisfied with the Big Apple's flowering trees for now.

the tidal basin is lovely at night. you guys should have a pre-Buzz late evening picnic/preparty down there some time. it's a short drive away from Nation, after all.

:]

i love irises, water and daylillies, and lily of the valley too.

hmmm.... u know... i'm not sure about being able to cook anything down there. there may be designated areas closer to the mall, but not sure about right along the water's edge.

of course, the sorts of things i like to eat before going out dancing don't usually include steaks n burgers. ;]

Originally posted by therunner

Can you have BBQ's and stuff like that in the "tidal basin" area. or anyplace around there. I know you can't go right up to the Lincoln Memorial and stike up a bonfire but somewhere in the vicinity?

Absolutely bonfires are encouraged, especailly near the monument.

hmmm.... u know... i'm not sure about being able to cook anything down there. there may be designated areas closer to the mall, but not sure about right along the water's edge.

of course, the sorts of things i like to eat before going out dancing don't usually include steaks n burgers. ;]

Yeah I try not to eat anything before I go out, but Friday I was so hungary I had to stop at Mickey D's and grabbed a burger. I wish I had just gone hungary cause I felt like ass for about three hours afterwards.

Originally posted by therunner

Yeah I try not to eat anything before I go out, but Friday I was so hungary I had to stop at Mickey D's and grabbed a burger. I wish I had just gone hungary cause I felt like ass for about three hours afterwards.

Yesterday after work I was craving an ice cream cone so I stopped by the Mickey D's near the metro stop. Damn bastards were all out. Couldn't believe it... ghetto ass Silver Spring.

Originally posted by zaguero

Yesterday after work I was craving an ice cream cone so I stopped by the Mickey D's near the metro stop. Damn bastards were all out. Couldn't believe it... ghetto ass Silver Spring.

I just went to the TCBY by the Farragut North metro and they told me I couldn't get a milkshake because they were out of milk. Hello? Now that's ghetto... :laugh: And I didn't want to get a shake at McDonalds... blah!