Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Naughtybooth.com Top 100 DJ List

I found this recorded post on the Naughtybooth.com message board.

Naughtybooth Top 100 DJs

1. John Digweed

2. Danny Howells

3. Danny Tenaglia

4. Deep Dish

5. Sasha

6. Steve Lawler

7. Richie Hawtin

8. Lee Burridge

9. Carl Cox

10. Sander Kleinenberg

11. Satoshi Tomiie

12. Paul Van Dyk

13. Jimmy Van M

14. Jeff Mills

15. Doc Martin

16. Roger Sanchez

17. Quinn

18. Craig Richards

19. Dave Seaman

20. Timo Maas

21. Darren Emerson

22. DJ Dan / Nick Warren

24. James Zabiela / Anthony Pappa

26. Chris Fortier

27. Josh Wink / Hiro

29. Donald Glaude

30. Basement Jaxx / Medicine

32. Sandra Collins / Sven Vath / H Foundation / Tiesto / Fat Boy Slim

37. Sneak / Gaetano Parisio / John Aquaviva / Reid Speed

41. Hector Romero / Saeed & Palash / Christian Varela

44. Layo & Bushwacka! / Slam / Mistress Barbara / LTJ Bukem

48. Ben Sims / Marco Carola / John Graham (Quivver) / Johnny Vicious / John Selway

53. Peace Division / Honey Dijon / Scott Hardkiss / Scott Henry / DJ Bone / Parks & Wilson / Plump DJs / Dave Hollands

61. Steve Bug / Bad Boy Bill / Steven Caicedo / Paolo Mojo / Charles Feelgood / Tom Middleton / Christian Smith

68. Armin Van Buuren / Mauro Picotto / Seb Fontaine / Jonathan Lisle / Derrick May / Billy Nasty / Tiga / Dylan Drazen

76. Erick Morillo / Derrick Carter / Talla / Junior Vasquez / Hernan Cattaneo / Trendroid / Damon Wild

83. Taucher / Leon Alexander / DJ Gee / Dmitri from Paris / Claude Young / David Morales / Desyn Masiello / Misjah / Dieselboy / Adam X / Leon Roberts

94. Bill Patrick / Derek Marin / Rolando / Omid Nourizadeh (16B) / Pete Tong / Tini Tun / Frankie Bones

Notice any CP favorites missing from the list? Namely, Jonathan Peters who rarely makes any Top 100 DJ lists! For the record, Jonathan rocks some nights but he doesnt get any respect off the East Coast and "Going Through It" is just a bunch of noise that only sounds good @ the Factory! Just my opinion, wow I cant wait to see how many people blow up on this post... lol.

Please keep in mind that Naughtybooth is definately a different crowd than Clubplanet. A lot of progressive people on there, not a lot of eurotrance or hard house (or breaks) people. The age group tends to be older, and there's a lot of local DJs in the prog scene on the board. Also, keep in mind that that list was compiled about 6 months ago. I'm sure that whenever they do another one, the list will be very different (and you can be pretty sure, that at the least, X-Press 2 and possibly Creamer will be on there).

DJ Dan was 22, and Judge Jules didn't make the cut, FYI.

Also, contrary to popular belief, people don't go JP or Draper bashing on there. The people on that board mostly just don't like them, and they leave it at that. I've been on that board much longer than this one, and I've never seen a JP or Vicious rollcall once. In any case, it's not anything to get panties in a bunch over, it's just a different group of people.

Seriously, it was compiled by matter of opinion......its not like the mixmag list or anything.

I mean Paul Oakenfold didn't even make the list.......say what you want and I don't really care for him, but he is an incredible dj and definately one of the top 100. Also, Mauro Picotto all the way down at 68........whatever, it is entertaining making those lists.

:idea: Why doesn't CP compile a list???????

Originally posted by spikesnj

this list is wrong....def.......somebody fucked with it

dave

Nope, that's the list, and like I said, it's mostly progressive people (and a small contingency of technoheads) who voted and hence no Oakie, JP, Draper, Pui, Corsten, Judge Jules, etc. Also, note that other than DT, who's universally considered a Top 5 DJ, the next highest NYC DJ there was Satoshi, so that says a lot about who was voting. In essence, when the poll was taken, that board was pretty much remnants of the old Twilo board (it sort of split into a Friday night side and a saturday night side), and thus most of the people who voted were the people you'd see at Twilo every Friday night.

Just trying to help explain...

As far as a CP poll, I'd make sure to get all the breaks heads would get together to ghetto rig that shit....

OK, maybe not, but the thought would be nice...

Originally posted by brickhouse

Nope, that's the list, and like I said, it's mostly progressive people (and a small contingency of technoheads) who voted and hence no Oakie, JP, Draper, Pui, Corsten, Judge Jules, etc. Also, note that other than DT, who's universally considered a Top 5 DJ, the next highest NYC DJ there was Satoshi, so that says a lot about who was voting. In essence, when the poll was taken, that board was pretty much remnants of the old Twilo board (it sort of split into a Friday night side and a saturday night side), and thus most of the people who voted were the people you'd see at Twilo every Friday night.

Just trying to help explain...

As far as a CP poll, I'd make sure to get all the breaks heads would get together to ghetto rig that shit....

OK, maybe not, but the thought would be nice...

Well Said.

These lists,especially ones compiled by message boards are very biased and represent what the majority of the board's population likes.

I bet if the NJ forum made a list Denny Tsettos would be sittin in the pole position - LMAO :laugh: :laugh:

(Sorry couldn't resist)

The fact that you have to justify this list (which in my opinion is right on the money) kind of scares me.

For the 1000th time, JP is ignored everywhere outside of the east coast. And even in Boston people are asking Avalon to drop his residency.

Why didn't you see Jules or Corsten on the list?? They're cheesy... VEEEERY cheesy (I heard Corsten last month)