Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CeCe Peniston - Ron Carroll and so much MORE!

xesschicago

friday, april 23rd, 2004

x'ess entertainment and zentra nightclub present:

Ron Carroll & George Jackson's

B Day Bash!!

featuring:

Cece Peniston

Just a few words to encompass the multi-talented entertainer and Internationally supreme recording artist CECE PENISTON. Her first single ever released in 1991, Finally, immediately thrust her into the music industry world-wide and CeCe has continued with success ever since. She is the girl that was born in Dayton, Ohio and spent her formative years in Phoenix, Arizona. She has had her presence and voice requested personally by Aretha Franklin for Aretha's private birthday party in Detroit, Pope John Paul II in Rome at The Vatican and the country of South Africa to be historically the first female entertainer to visit and perform after the abolition of apartheid, before fellow recording artist Whitney Houston.

CeCe began her recording career, after she graduated from Phoenix College, at A&M Records with her debut album, Finally, selling one million plus copies and achieving U.S. RIAA GOLD certification. Her first single, Finally, achieved Billboard #1 chart status and has sold multi-platinum world-wide, in addition to being featured on more than thirty compilation albums. CeCe thrust passed the one-hit wonder mark and continued to achieve Billboard Top Ten chart status with singles including: "We Got A Love Thang", "Keep On Walkin", I'm Not Over You" and her new hit single released in 2001 titled "Lifetime To Love" which skyrocketed to Billboard #2 chart status. All of her other singles released have achieved Top 40 status including: "Inside That I Cried", "Crazy Love", "I'm In The Mood", "Hit By Love", "Movin' On", "Before I Lay (You Drive Me Crazy)" with MCA recording artist JoJo of KC & JoJo, "I Know That He Loves Me Too" and "Nobody Else".

Ron Carroll

Starting off his career in the early 1980’s spinning at his own dance club The Bangin’ Enterprize on the South Side of Chicago, Ron Carroll, just two years into the game, was opening for Lil’ Louis, Mike Dunn, and the legendary Ron Hardy. From his beginnings in House Music he wanted to use his experience singing in the church choir and sing Gospel lyrics over House tracks. From this desire came his early work on Clubhouse Records in collaboration with Ron Trent, Big ED, Hula & K. Fingers on tracks like “My Prayer” and “A New Day”.

Wanting to branch out on his own, he headed to the 1994 WMC and crossed paths with none other than his musical mentor, Little Louie Vega. This working friendship gave him the chance to write a Billboard #1 Dance Hit “I Get Lifted” for Barbara Tucker. He then teamed up with Mike Dunn and Byron Stingily as the Deep Soul Production Company and went on to write six songs on Byron’s “The Purist” full-length on Nervous Records working alongside such producers as Frankie Knuckles, Mousse T. & Boris Dlugosh, Marc Kitchen, and Maurice Joshua. In that same production company he worked with Destiny’s Child, Adeva, Kim English, Kathy Brown, and many others.

George Jackson

George Jackson has had DJ residencies and guest spots in some of Chicago’s hottest nightclubs such as The Sidecar, Red Dog, Prop House, Detour and others. He has been a resident DJ for The Prop House, Hidden Lounge, and The Upstairs Lounge. In 2001, George’s DJ highlight sparked an unforgettable experience when he DJ’ed in Sydney, Australia. He was added to the schedule to do a 2-hour set at Tankclub (located in The Establishment Hotel). After receiving many encores during his set, it turned into a 5 hour set; and also led to a standing ovation at the end of his set. The word spread to Melbourne, Australia, and three days later, he was asked to do a set at the now defunct, Chevron Nightclub.

Lenny Fontana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Residents:::::

Sativa

s&ld resident dj

Chris Santiago & Jon Huang

x’ess resident djs

X'ESS Hosted VIP Cocktail Reception from 9 - 10pm!

Drink Specials:

$4 Shots

$6 All Bacardi Flavored Mix Drinks

$8 Hypnotic & Bacardi Flavors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest list rules::

$5 from 9 - 10

$10 from 10 - 11

$15 from 11 - midnight

Guestlist Available at:

www.xessentertainment.com

Zentra Nightclub

923 Weed St.

Chicago, IL

21+ ID Required