Clubplanet Nightlife Community

soma

Raver

soma is a lounge/bar that has DJs spinning every night. It's your typical Olde City crowd on the weekends - mostly white "hipster" suburbanites in their early-mid 20s. I think Cozmic Cat is there Fridays and Saturdays. She usually plays for the crowd, so you'll hear a lot of popular hiphop and commercial dance songs. The place itself is really small and gets packed on the weekends. There's a tiny dance erhmmm...space in the middle of the room with tables/seating on either side. If you're gonna go, be prepared to be squashed like a sardine. :tongue:

i would highly suggest going somewhere else though. either aqualounge or fluid.

if you're looking for more rave-type events, motion is 18+ and has frankie bones and pleasurehead on friday.

I started out and spent my bday @soma last weekend with cozmic cat spinnin... cozmic was spinnin some house grooves and eventually turn to 90's hip hop... The place was packed so if u want to catch up with your boy I wouldn't recommend going there... There were some cuties there.... I wasn't dig the vibe so I left for other places. haha about the dancefloor, it's more like an little open space in the middle of the room...

If u are a raver, like nifer said, checkout MOTION... on delaware ave.

If u want to a "chill place" checkout SPICE-- i believe adam freemer spins there (deep house)

I am starting out in old city @ proto lounge for drinks and some disco house and probably end up @ Transit Nightclub.... progressive house on the mainfloor by matt kling/scott henry... these boys are going to work u up.... Disco house in the basement by the 611 record squad... There is also a hip hop room.... Def... worth checkin out if that's your thing...

peace

Originally posted by Raver

soma- coming from nyc to philly for the weekend. friend said we're going to soma. how is it? what is it? appreciate it.

SOMA by far has the best Monday nite party..... w/ DEEP C and CHRIS UDOH (Tigerhook crew) and don't sleep on the $2 drink specials all nite......