Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nativa.....anyone ever been too???

There are 2 floors to Nativa - though I have never personally been upstairs. Its small and kind of a "cold" atmosphere. It has some couches lined up along the left wall with tables and IMO, horrible music.

The place makes me think its a Carpet Shop in the day turned bar at night. You can find so many lounges that are much nicer to chill or hang out at. Try Liquids over on 10th between 1st and Avenue A....i think thats correct. That place is sooo much better and their Red Devils kick fawkin ass. Oh yea, speaking of drinks, Nativa doesn thave that extensive of a collection so be prepeared to drink something you may not normally bargain for.

~misskittie~

Nativa is not as bad as she just described it! They started a new party there not too long ago which has really taken off. I was there last Sat and a few weeks ago for Shawn Ink. The two DJ's are SpeshlJ and TurnTableTerror from JPE. They spin a lot of SF classics and then some.

Hip-hop downstairs, house upstairs. The club itself is pretty blah and "cold" as Ms.Kittie described it.

It was incredibly packed last week which I wasn't feelin...but if you can get up into the upstairs DJ booth...there's a phat lounge up there to chill in!

If you need to get on a list email me at gritor5@aol.com and depending on the amount of people I should be able to get you a comp.

And no I don't promote this place so I'm giving u a somewhat unbiased opinion (although the DJ's are my friends....lol)

SMOKEE

PS - there were a lot of hot girls there last week...don't know if it's like that everyweek though.

ha ha Claire - the place doesn't have a friggin sign saying "nativa". YOu have to know the number of the building to find it!

what a crack....and I havent been there in over a year but Im sure theres a billion other places with more quality and comfort. If they didnt change the decour or add more drinks, then it is bad. Come to think of it, I swiped a menu when I was there last year. I think their prices were somewhat hefty too - but Im not too sure. Ill check tonight when I go home - lol.

Originally posted by misskittie

ha ha Claire - the place doesn't have a friggin sign saying "nativa". YOu have to know the number of the building to find it!

what a crack....and I havent been there in over a year but Im sure theres a billion other places with more quality and comfort. If they didnt change the decour or add more drinks, then it is bad. Come to think of it, I swiped a menu when I was there last year. I think their prices were somewhat hefty too - but Im not too sure. Ill check tonight when I go home - lol.

Weren't their drinks made of fresh squeezed juice or some shit?

Originally posted by cmb1975

This was the site of my first meet up! Careful when you are looking for it. I walked passed it atleast 3 times before I spotted the nondescript little door.

Ahhhh memories....

I guess that means I passed it 3 times, too. Blind leading the blind.. lol. Nice spot, check it out, then form your own opinion. :)

Originally posted by starcapone

I guess that means I passed it 3 times, too. Blind leading the blind.. lol. Nice spot, check it out, then form your own opinion. :)

That was fuckin hysterical!!! We were like...umm....did we pass it? How did we pass it? Where the fuck is it! We were walking up to every unmarked door!!!

nativa is a dope spot /// thursday is the only good party there, imo ..... real house music upstairs (none of that noisey shit , real funky soulful type stuff) & d'stairs it's chill-out downtempo type stuff ... the crowd is househeads & industry heads , last week i went there & the manager of hysteria records was spinning (hunter wilson) & the owner of jellybean records & numeric records were chillin out in the crowd, amounst other big wigs ... starting in may , frankie pep will be doing a monthly spot @ nativa on thursdays , so hopefully this party will only get better ... as for the weekends i don't know what goes on there .... hope that helps :cool: