Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Going to DC this weekend, anyone have suggestions.........?

gwyllion

Hey there,

I'm from the NY board and I was wondering if any of you could help me out. I'm going to the S&D show and am planning on staying for all of Sunday/ Monday. Any suggestions as to where to hang out/ eat/ things to do for fun? Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

~ GWYL

Originally posted by gwyllion

Hey there,

I'm from the NY board and I was wondering if any of you could help me out. I'm going to the S&D show and am planning on staying for all of Sunday/ Monday. Any suggestions as to where to hang out/ eat/ things to do for fun? Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

~ GWYL

First a couple of questions:

When are you coming down and when are you leaving?

Where are you staying?

What kind of things do you like to do?

Cheap or expensive?

Are you going to make the CP meet up????? :D

chemical brothers and pete tong in the same venue on minday night. you can hit all the usuall touristy stuff (meuseums, galleries...you can basically spend the whole day in the National Mall), hang in dupont, g'town....mmmm...mmmmm......you can come up to Silver Springs and help me at work :D

First a couple of questions:

When are you coming down and when are you leaving?

Well, this trip was kind of last minute. So we are coming early, early Sunday morning and late leaving Monday afternoon, all by Amtrak.

Where are you staying?

Dunno yet. Trying to stay somewhere in the heart of downtown? We'll find out for sure today.

What kind of things do you like to do?

I wanted to go to the zoo, which i have been to before, but I know there have to be lots of other things to hit on Sunday when we get in or late Monday before we leave.

Have already been through most of the mall, so I kinda wanted to hit some "hole in the wall" spots..... things that insiders like yourselves might be able to help me out with. We're more the music/ nightlife type of people. Any cool bars/ lounges to hit?

Cheap or expensive?

Mildly inexpensive, especially for the short trip.

Are you going to make the CP meet up?????

Possibly. I don't know the layout of the club - give me more info. I'd love to meet some of you, though I don't frequent the boards as much as I used to.

OH..... and I wanted to double check.... what stop do I get off at for Georgetown? Foggy Bottom?

Generally, Foggy Bottom is the best stop for getting to Georgetown. Check the ***Official*** SnD thread for meet-up info, though right now it seem looks like midnight in the hall way to the main bathrooms (though there'a always some of us in front of the dj booth, but you have no idea what we look like!).

Foggy Bottom for Georgetown. Have you checked out Adams Morgan? Lots of bars, dance clubs and Ethiopian Restaurants. You would have to get off the Dupont Circle Metro and walk North on 18th.

If you're into museums, the Phillips Museum is a smaller, modern art museum near Dupont (21st and R maybe?) Dupont is very cool too. Lots of gay people and some good food - but kinda pricey!

Capitol Hill (Union Station metro stop) has some great Irish Pubs and you might check out Easter Market too - v. cool! You HAVE to go to the cheese shop if you go there! *drool*

The meet up will be in the hallway near the bathrooms in the main room. Got a picture?

out of curiosity... what's the easiest way to get to the zoo? Adams/ Morgan stop or Dupont Circle stop? Either way, I remember doing a little bit of walking.

I do have a pic on the CP collage, unfortunately, I don't know where the thread is. I'll try to meet up. Anyone know if tickets are available at the club? We still havent' gotten ours.

Originally posted by gwyllion

out of curiosity... what's the easiest way to get to the zoo? Adams/ Morgan stop or Dupont Circle stop? Either way, I remember doing a little bit of walking.

I do have a pic on the CP collage, unfortunately, I don't know where the thread is. I'll try to meet up. Anyone know if tickets are available at the club? We still havent' gotten ours.

I think Woodley Park/Zoo stop is the closest. ;) I don't know why they add Adams Morgan on there, it's pretty far from the stop.

If it doesn't sell out, there will be tixs at Buzz. Only other option I guess is TicketBastard and pick up at the ticket window.

There's pre-party info on the main SnD thread too if you want to try to get together with some of us before hand.