Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Tonight we're gonna hear some sccraatchin...." - Big Apple Breaks Roll Call

I'm at open air too...

Which makes me add, why's there gotta be this retarded competition going on between Miss Bliss and Doomer. Do they have something against each other that they're flip-flopping weeks where they bring in headliners? Do they not realize that if they join forces they might actually have enough regulars coming out to open up a breaks night at a small club rather than a lounge? Oh well. Anyway, I'll be by open air and might stop by coal after 10sui.

Originally posted by brickhouse

I'm at open air too...

Which makes me add, why's there gotta be this retarded competition going on between Miss Bliss and Doomer. Do they have something against each other that they're flip-flopping weeks where they bring in headliners? Do they not realize that if they join forces they might actually have enough regulars coming out to open up a breaks night at a small club rather than a lounge? Oh well. Anyway, I'll be by open air and might stop by coal after 10sui.

Yeah seriously, we talked about this on saturday... then me and a few other ppl had the same convo a day or 2 later...

Theres not enough of a fan base to split it...

I don't know what the rivalry is... but I hope it gets settled...

and anyway, why specifically Miss Bliss & Doomer? Why not DJ Wool and Doomer or either of us versus any of the other people Sara does her party with? Is there some reason why people think that me and her have beef? Just curious, 'cause as far as I know we're totally cool...

C

Originally posted by djmissbliss

There's no rivalry!! In my understanding, not that I've ever been there, Static is a more electro/experimental breakbeat party, and that's cool, but it's totally different from what we're doing at Big Apple Breaks.

Cara

www.djmissbliss.com

www.big-apple-breaks.com

yeah cara's right its an electro/techno party. glenn and cara run the only exclusively breakbeat weekly party in the city that i know of except for mainline, which is cara's other party anyway. to my knowledge sara walker is the only breaks dj there at static and they do bring in some names occasionally... but yeah totally different crowd, sound, etc. and it isnt sara's party, so she has no say. karl will back me up here im sure

now the robinson parties conflicting sucked a while back but i believe thats been resolved as well. power to the ppl ill see you guys tonight

ok thanks jayp.

anyway things look good for coal tonight. i walked in tehre.. things appear to be all set up in coal (so we won't be in solas! sorry about last week, guys.. circumstances were out of my control!)

guest DJ tonight is CER which should be cool.

May looks really really good, guys. I'm so excited. We're having Sam (Class of '83, en:vision Records / UK) come in. He's the guy who did Taurus & Neptune on en:vision. Fucking DOPE track. I know me & Royce have been wearing down our copies!!

Also, Joe Sweeney, whom some of you may know from the nubreaks.com board, will be playing. And we've got A:Dubl from SF in town. Not to mention locals Orion & Sneak-E-Pete both scheduled for May.

And then in June we've got Imri & Smalls (the Solid Breaks tour's NYC stop), we're hopefully going to have Melee, Mo7s (they're both from Boston) and DJ Patti (Vermont).. so that's pretty much it until the end of June!

word up.

Cara