Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Tonight we're gonna hear some sccraatchin...." - Big Apple Breaks Roll Call

Originally posted by djmissbliss

and anyway, why specifically Miss Bliss & Doomer? Why not DJ Wool and Doomer or either of us versus any of the other people Sara does her party with? Is there some reason why people think that me and her have beef? Just curious, 'cause as far as I know we're totally cool...

C

I wasn't trying to imply beef between the two of you, I was just thinking that with the lineups the two of you have been getting lately, if we combined the two parties it could probably be moved to a small club (i.e. Filter 14, Guernica, or Baktun) where people could actually DANCE, along with the fact that there would be a truly premier breaks party in the city. I mean, besides the residents who are all pretty damn good themselves, think about what DJ's you've each had in the past couple months:

Krafty Kuts

Elite Force

10Sui

Tangent

Josef Plante

And SOMEONE (not sure which of you) is having Rennie Pilgrem over next month...

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few big names also...

With that kind of lineup, we could seriously have a true breaks weekly or bi-weekly where there is a big headliner at every show, plus if your forces are combined, there would be more than enough people to fill up a place like Filter. I mean, about 75 people or so go to each of your parties every week, and if you were to alternate which local DJs are on each week, along with having one headliner in each week, then you'd probably be able to charge cover at the door, allow the DJs to spin on a better system, allow people to dance to breaks once a week, and allow the scene to grow exponentially. Also, since Filter has 2 rooms, you could even have both parties at the same place, and while they're not identical, they're similar enough to attract a good crowd.

Just a thought. It might not happen, but I certainly hope it's something someone can look into. Breaks shouldn't just be lounge music, and I think that this might be somewhat of a Tronic equivalent for the genre.

Either way, kudos to both of you on your bookings.- Dan

Originally posted by brickhouse

With that kind of lineup, we could seriously have a true breaks weekly or bi-weekly where there is a big headliner at every show, plus if your forces are combined, there would be more than enough people to fill up a place like Filter. I mean, about 75 people or so go to each of your parties every week, and if you were to alternate which local DJs are on each week, along with having one headliner in each week, then you'd probably be able to charge cover at the door, allow the DJs to spin on a better system, allow people to dance to breaks once a week, and allow the scene to grow exponentially. Also, since Filter has 2 rooms, you could even have both parties at the same place, and while they're not identical, they're similar enough to attract a good crowd.

static is moving to filter next month.

Originally posted by xpander

ok, you know Cat...

I've tried REALLY REALLY REALLY hard...

And I absolutely, positively, CANNOT understand what you're trying to imply by that...

. . . ummm. . . how bout "I've suddenly got a superflous appendage on my forehead" . . . :confused: . . .

Originally posted by wideskies

that's not the forehead, that's the mouth area! *pouts*

think outside the box, people! faces can look left AND right, up AND down!

;pd; <-- kissing

see...THAT I get, AND like... :D

But Mike is right...that c: was kinda lookin' like a big-ass forehead pimple...

Originally posted by wideskies

... or a really bigass brain. like i have. really bigass.

mmm...really...?

*puts on surgeon gloves*

*pumps her full of K*

*whips out surgical saw*

*cuts top of her head off*

*feels around inside*

mmm...you really do have a bigass brain...! *impressed*

*puts top of her head back on*

*seals it shut*

Hey I'l be there!

I miss Cara and Glen sooo much!

I literaly go through withdrawls

if I don't here them spin each week but allas I've

been really REeeaaally preocupied with my new job

and getting settled in...

Plus I'm sure by now it's not a secret that I've

ben trying not to drink as much as I usaly do

so I have to take breaks from my beloved "Breaks"

less I wind up in the hospital with a need for a liver transplant...

I'm there for the music and MUSIC

IS FIRST but damnit if I can't stop loving

the sweet buzz of a good gin sour or a tall

cold pint of beer! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Fuckit!

Glen's Irish I'm sure he knows

where I'm come from!;)

(lol*)

See ya @ COAL tonight!:D

Originally posted by djmissbliss

Really? That's cool! I played there last night, it was really fun. Are they still gonna be on Wednesdays? Both rooms or just one? How much are they charging.. just wondering.

Cara

ill get back to ya