Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Coming to NYU

Here goes: I was accepted to NYU Stern School of Business as an undergraduate back in December early decision. That's not a problem. My problem is now I have to choose where to stay! I'm looking at all these damn halls online and I don't really want to decide cause what if I decide a crappy hall and don't realize it til late. Naturally, I'd like some opinions on what you think, since some people on this board attend or have attended NYU. So, any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by darcoleo

Here goes: I was accepted to NYU Stern School of Business as an undergraduate back in December early decision. That's not a problem. My problem is now I have to choose where to stay! I'm looking at all these damn halls online and I don't really want to decide cause what if I decide a crappy hall and don't realize it til late. Naturally, I'd like some opinions on what you think, since some people on this board attend or have attended NYU. So, any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hayden is really nice cuz it's right across the park so u can get up 10 mins before your class starts

Water Street is beautiful!!! but it's really far, so you end up commuting up to 1/2 hr each morning by bus, it's annoying

Palladium is great, it's new, just built this year, and it has a large freshman population, so you'll meet alot of people, its right on 14th street, about a 10min walk from campus and right near the subway station, so it's really easy to get around the city

Brittany SUCKS plus there's no air conditioning

Weinstein has very small rooms, but it's soooooo close to campus, literally one block away, and it too has a large freshman population, so if its convienice your looking for, that's your top choice

I dont think you have a chance of getting housing anywhere else because ur just starting out, freshman, i think get last pick, but i could be wrong

there a lots of other dorms, but NYU housing tends to route freshmen into the 5 i mentioned above

I hope it helps

u dont really pick which one u want lol...nyu randomly selects among your choices...

lottery night is tonite!!!!!!

YOU DONT WANT TO LIVE AT WATER STREET AS A FROSH ESPECIALLY NOW

or lafayette or broome

u wanna be close to campus try hayden or weinstein or brittany

the ones on 3rd ave are ok, but there are upperclassmen in a lot of them

if u want a "college" experience, pick weinstein, its a shit hole but u make a lot of friends

warning: the rooms are REALLY SMALL