Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LSAT's...

The one benefit of the review courses is actual practice. They make you show up in a classroom on 5 seperate occassions and take the test in the exact same environment as the real test. Classroom, early in the morning, weekend, timed, official breaks------------->practice makes perfect. For some reason you're not under the same stress/ pressure when you take the exam yourself at the kitchen table in a bathrobe w/ a pot of coffee!

;)

yea, I guess you guys r right. I neva got 155 . I didnt take the LSATs yet, im only a freshman in college! But Im def going to law school, after I major in Business at Baruch. Thats why I asked questions cuz I didnt really do any research myself. So how hard is law school? Is it just like any other law class you would take in college, where you just learn the laws, and study different cases?

Originally posted by zgrm01

yea, I guess you guys r right. I neva got 155 . I didnt take the LSATs yet, im only a freshman in college! But Im def going to law school, after I major in Business at Baruch. Thats why I asked questions cuz I didnt really do any research myself. So how hard is law school? Is it just like any other law class you would take in college, where you just learn the laws, and study different cases?

No, its completely different. In fact, learning the law is about the last thing you do. And its much harder.

Originally posted by zgrm01

Bro you're asking for a LOT of information. This thread is totally off topic. I will say that there are lots of sources out there that can give you the answers you're looking for in a more comprehensive fashion than anyone can give you here in a paragraph or two.

U.S. News and World Report and certain books you can get at any bookstore are great at giving you an overview of the process of law school. Anyone interested in lawschool should also definitely read "1L" by Scot Turow, which talks about life as a first year at Harvard (granted not every1 goes there, but it's still a realistic potrayal of what it's like). Also read a book called "Double Billing" by Cameron Stracher, which talks about life in a big NYC law firm. Since I'm at a big firm now, I can tell you it's pretty accurate in many respects.

Bottom line, you're a freshman for chrissakes. I didn't know what the hell the LSAT was until a few months before the exam. Don't stress it now. Worry about getting a high GPA. Coming from Baruch undergrad, you will be at a disadvantage in relation to an applicant applying from an Ivy League school for instance, so keep that GPA up as high as possible. Ok, I'm done with this thread.