Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spundae @ Liquid Review

georgeacasta2

My Spundae experience at Liquid was excellent! The music was funky with a lot of groove; smooth chunky baselines layered on top of dark progy sounds just the way I like it. Towards the end of the night the music got very techy and dark but still maintained some funk in it. The first DJ had some problems beat matching a couple of times but the track selection was sooo good that it didn’t even bother me. Imagine that. The set was far from monotonous; the Spundae people had me moving and grooving the entire night. The lighting in Liquid is AMAZING! Lasers would bounce off disco balls in several different directions and then bounce off mirrors and make designs in the middle of the club; I was very impressed. The staff was friendly and the vibe wasn't pretentious. When Nighstar and me initially got to the club we were standing in line and we over heard the girl working the door tell someone “there was no list tonight because it’s a special event.” In spite of that Billy was kind enough to put nightstar and me on his list at the LAST minute. After we got in we had to thank Billy in person for being true to his word. We had a hard time finding him but finally did meet and Billy was just as friendly in person as he is on the board. Thank you Billy. The staff was friendly, the club was full and the music was exceptional!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by georgeacasta2

My Spundae experience at Liquid was excellent! The music was funky with a lot of groove; smooth chunky baselines layered on top of dark progy sounds just the way I like it. Towards the end of the night the music got very techy and dark but still maintained some funk in it. The first DJ had some problems beat matching a couple of times but the track selection was sooo good that it didn’t even bother me. Imagine that. The set was far from monotonous; the Spundae people had me moving and grooving the entire night. The lighting in Liquid is AMAZING! Lasers would bounce off disco balls in several different directions and then bounce off mirrors and make designs in the middle of the club; I was very impressed. The staff was friendly and the vibe wasn't pretentious. When Nighstar and me initially got to the club we were standing in line and we over heard the girl working the door tell someone “there was no list tonight because it’s a special event.” In spite of that Billy was kind enough to put nightstar and me on his list at the LAST minute. After we got in we had to thank Billy in person for being true to his word. We had a hard time finding him but finally did meet and Billy was just as friendly in person as he is on the board. Thank you Billy. The staff was friendly, the club was full and the music was exceptional!

wow who paid you to post that review......., and what the fuck is funky? fucky any thing has no place in any club any where! and why would anyone care what designs the lights make? Maybee they can make the outline of NJ so I feel at home....? maybee the lights should make a big arrow pointing to the exit, since they playing funky house.... what year is this? 1974? :blown: thanks, now I know there is no energy and no guido fist pumping going on there.....

Now you're really pissing me off Saleen. Some of the programs the LD ran that night were of my design, plus he can program well on his own merit. So you're not only trashing me, you're trashing my friends too...wonderful.

Seriously, all's you do is say NY this, Jersey that, why don't you just go back?

Originally posted by saleen351

wow who paid you to post that review......., and what the fuck is funky? fucky any thing has no place in any club any where! and why would anyone care what designs the lights make? Maybee they can make the outline of NJ so I feel at home....? maybee the lights should make a big arrow pointing to the exit, since they playing funky house.... what year is this? 1974? :blown: thanks, now I know there is no energy and no guido fist pumping going on there.....

Drama :zzz: Your putting me to sleep troll. :zzz: at least humor me

Saleen...i noticed that you changed funky to fucky....

fucky any thing has no place in any club any where!

so....at first I just thought u were being rude...as usual...but now i realize your problem....you need to get laid man.....maybe u should take ur guido fist pumping to some guido club back home and get fisted yourself....hey, maybe juuuust maybe that will let you relieve stress and some of this anger that you project to everyone on this board will dissipate.....I have a feeling though that 4 that to happen it would have to be a really big fist...maybe some "latino" could do it for you......

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

if anyone wants to go "halfs" i will pay for his ticket back to nj...with the rest of the guidos...:bigfinger

guys hate guidos because their girlfriends love us....:hump:

Originally posted by saleen351

Is this guy tryin' to be funny????? All I can say is go back to Jersy or NY.........MORON!!!! You obviously don't know shit about anything!!!!

Originally posted by Treepwood

By the way i recorded the spundea set, and it was actually pretty damn good, except for all the stupid talking the guy from 93.1 does.

You should've gone! Next time call us... PM me if you don't have our contact info... There was even people juggling fire torches and people walking on stilts 6 feet high, it was just like the circus theme for Spundae parties in San Fran.

Liquid was great on Saturday... It was nice to see you Lee and Zules.... Did you guys see when that guy in the orange Armani Exchange sweater got a big ass hole burnt in the back of his sweater? I thought I would die laughing.... He tried to start dancing before the guy with the twirling baton was finished.... It was classic..... he walked around with a big burn hole in his back... dumbass!

Lights were great and the staff was extremely nice.. No attitudes. Billy - thanks! It was nice to meet you and look forward to hanging out in your club again..

Lola:eek:

Originally posted by lolahotass

Liquid was great on Saturday... It was nice to see you Lee and Zules.... Did you guys see when that guy in the orange Armani Exchange sweater got a big ass hole burnt in the back of his sweater? I thought I would die laughing.... He tried to start dancing before the guy with the twirling baton was finished.... It was classic..... he walked around with a big burn hole in his back... dumbass!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I wish I would've noticed that. I would have had a really nice laugh at his expense.

It nice seein u 2 lola or should I say loca :D

Originally posted by lolahotass

Lights were great and the staff was extremely nice.. No attitudes. Billy - thanks! It was nice to meet you and look forward to hanging out in your club again..

Lola:eek:

It was nice seeing ya too!!! I wish I wouldn't have seen the dumbass......damn it.....missed it!:) Next time we gotta hang out a little!!!!;)