Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom for the day - 4/24

weyes

don't be afraid to go out dancing/clubbing alone.

this is a topic that comes up every once in a while on the board, and i've just gotta share what i've learned from my experience. (keep in mind that what weyes says is not the one and only true answer to everything; it is just what she has gathered from her experiences and is, quite often, tongue-in-cheek - though not this time.)

i didn't go out for 6 months when i had moved because none of the friends i had liked to go dancing. so instead i went to the movies, out to dinner, and stuff like that. ok, that's all right for a while, but not for someone who loves to dance as much as i do. i finally broke down and went out by myself one night to a rave just because i knew of one dj on the lineup, and i had so much fun because, hey, i was there to dance and hear some kickass music. i also got to talk to other cool people that i never would've met, had i been just isolating with friends all night. from then on, i went whenever i felt like it, and i ended up making friends along the way.

ok, this is a long story for my "wisdom of the day," but keep this in mind as well: this was before i had any feelings towards any particular djs, and i've seen people on this board write things like "i really wanna go see s&d but my friends won't go and i don't wanna go alone. should i go or not?" sure it's always great to have friends by your side to experience something with you, but the bottom line is that you see the djs or you don't :cool: .

tune in tomorrow.