Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Are There So Many Followers On This Board???

Originally posted by clubkat

that's a sign of major insecurity and i hope they seek professional help.

True it is, but it tends to be the truth.. in everyday life as well, not just pertaining to this message board and club related things.

uh.... hello? we live in a world with other people and look to other people for guidance from others because, despite what some of you "individuals" may think, NO one knows how to properly conduct themselves in every situation they find themselves in. mimicry, as well as instinct, is a requirement for survival for most animals... and despite thinking of ourselves as 'highly evolved beings,' we aren't born with ability to learn everything on our own.

there's no shame to looking to one's friends for insight, new ideas and experiences, or emotional/intellectual/spiritual guidance.

on the other hand, if one cannot live without looking to others ALL of the time and shows no sense of discretion, one is doomed to purchase every gadget advertised on late-night tv.

Originally posted by wideskies

uh.... hello? we live in a world with other people and look to other people for guidance from others because, despite what some of you "individuals" may think, NO one knows how to properly conduct themselves in every situation they find themselves in. mimicry, as well as instinct, is a requirement for survival for most animals... and despite thinking of ourselves as 'highly evolved beings,' we aren't born with ability to learn everything on our own.

there's no shame to looking to one's friends for insight, new ideas and experiences, or emotional/intellectual/spiritual guidance.

on the other hand, if one cannot live without looking to others ALL of the time and shows no sense of discretion, one is doomed to purchase every gadget advertised on late-night tv.

ummm what u just described is a leader.....

Originally posted by wideskies

i don't understand. elaborate?

a leader does exactly what you described...you handle situations and form opinions on your own...when you cross a bridge that you cannot cross by yourself you seek guidance and support..maybe if you realize that someone can do the job better then you, you step aside and let that person take over....for example pataki stepped aside and let guiliiani run the show because pataki saw that rudy had the ability to guide the people of the city even though pataki is in a higher position.....

i hope its pataki and im not confusing him with someone else....well you get the point....:cool:

Originally posted by msoprano13

a leader does exactly what you described...you handle situations and form opinions on your own...when you cross a bridge that you cannot cross by yourself you seek guidance and support..maybe if you realize that someone can do the job better then you, you step aside and let that person take over...

but no leader knows EVERYTHING, all leaders follow sometimes, and not everyone who "follows" follows all of the time.

so, why are people so upset that some people "follow" certain trends that they know little about? people begin to investigate things by mimicking, which isn't so bad. it's actually pretty darn convenient.

Originally posted by joeg

I mean... this city revolves around breaks... If you don't like breaks, you're gonna have to spend your weekday nights in small, cramped spaces with sub-par soundsystems and go to work on like 3 hours sleep just to enjoy some good house music...

oh wait... :eek:

:laugh:

No, we're just the followers who are ahead of the trend hehe. You know what I mean....those lame people who always try to be two steps ahead of whatever's trendy and then once it actually becomes trendy we bitch about how much better the scene was before it got populated by guidos and morons....

Originally posted by brickhouse

:laugh:

No, we're just the followers who are ahead of the trend hehe. You know what I mean....those lame people who always try to be two steps ahead of whatever's trendy and then once it actually becomes trendy we bitch about how much better the scene was before it got populated by guidos and morons....

don't u mean 2steps ahead? ooh.. ooh..

okay, that was lame.

Sometimes people who are not as involved with the scene look to others to help be informed. As I see it you guys are pioneers of Club Planet, and to other people you may fall into the role model catagory. These people may need someone to look up to who knows more about DJ's/ Music Industry.

Or just looking for freinds.... whats wrong with that?

I would be flattered not angry about followers. A true role model would help to educate and turn awat those who want to learn.

Just an opinion.

Amy