Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Notebook to buy under 2 g's?

Originally posted by legend38

Just some info:

The only reason Sony's are considered good graphics computers is because they come standard with a better graphics card.

Go with a Dell, just upgrade the graphics card. :)

haha i just want one because it looks pretty! ;) j/k. . .

i've been a sony buff for god knows how long. . .a really solid brand. . thanks for the info anyway hun.

Originally posted by clubkat

haha i just want one because it looks pretty! ;) j/k. . .

i've been a sony buff for god knows how long. . .a really solid brand. . thanks for the info anyway hun.

Hey I know the feeling...

When I was in the market for a new desktop PC I was lookin at the VAIO's hardcore, I am a SONY buff as well.

In the long run it just didn't add up. I invested in a dell and it was a solid purchase. :)

I agree with Eric about the toshibas , but they are expensive.

I would say a Dell to, good support!:D Best thing you can do is go over to a corner newstand or Barnes & Noble and pick up a little magazine called Computer Shopper they compare everyhing there and you can get an idea of what your looking for, and prices!

Get a Dell Inspiron, and get the most expensive graphics card they offer (I think its about a $200 upgrade). I've seen people authoring real time 3D Enviroments for television graphics on a Inspirion...I was impressed! If you serious about graphics, also get at least 512MB of RAM.

As for what I use, I've got an IBM X21 on steroids- got the top of the line graphics card, 512 RAM (the most it will hold) 60GB drive. The unit itself is real slim, so all of your drives (DVD/floppy) are in a docking station that I usually leave at home. Its a sweet machine, but they are really expensive (I got a great deal in mine cause my ex's dad worked for IBM :)) But the thinkpads will stand up to just about any abuse you can put them through...

Bern