Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lazy Dawg and Ben Watt...A Review

You guys are in for a SEXY treat!!!!

When I first arrived at club eleven50 (mind you I'm from the ATL) I didn't think the club would be so packed seeing as how Mark Farina is playing here tonight at the same place. The vibe was fucking ON. Everyone was grooving. Ben Watt seemed to be behind the production and Jay Hannan was laying down the sexy tunes. They mostly tagged team throughout the night as usual.

I'm not a vinyl whore, so I can't call many tracks. There were definitely alot that I KNOW, but I don't know the names.

I did hear:

Angie Stone-Wish I Didn't Miss You (Poundboys rmx)

Erro-Don't Change For Me

Like I said...I don't hunt down tracks so I can't give names.

Unfortunately, the clubs here have to close at 4am on weekdays. But they kept laying it down up until the very last record. And even the one track they threw out after everyone was begging "ONE MORE!!!" was banging!

You guys are in for a very sexy night with LAZY DOG!!

This time Mark was actually....just okay. He went flat a couple of times, not hardly any vocals at all. I was hoping for more funkier tunes though. It was nonetheless still a good night. And Mark was still good.

The club was packed!! Here we have a cyberdork crew much like the CPMafia and it was good to see some people who came out just for Mark. And I danced my ass off regardless...

Between the two nights, I enjoyed LazyDog more. The atmosphere was just cool as hell.

As far as Vadim...he fucking cancelled on me :(

From what I heard he arrived at the club earlier that day, saw what little promotion was done, and decided he didn't want to do the show. The next night he was in Athens,GA which is about 45 min. away. I couldn't make it down because I don't have a car. But I heard that only 30-40 people came out for it. So that was his loss because more people would have came out for him in Atlanta than Athens (its actually a college town).

Due to having no car I also missed Miguel Migs and Lisa Shaw last week, Mark Grant, Nicolas Conte, and Ursula as well.:(

If only the cost of cabs in ATL were as cheap as they are in MIA.

The way things are going in Atlanta is really good. Especially house, downtempo, IDM music. I'm not a particular fan of progressive trance/house so I won't be at any of those shows unless its for purely comical reasons and I get in free. There's alot of shows to look forward to this summer. I heard a little rumor that someone big from Ninja Tune is expected to come through in June/July. In Sept. someone from Thievery Corporation will be in as well.

We're getting spoiled...and I'm enjoying every minute of it!

damn girl...well it sounds like you're having a great time up there. i wish that all of those ppl would pass through here sometime. we hardly get anything related to downtempo.

i can't believe that vadim changed locations. that's so f'ed up.

a lot of good shows have been cruising by atlanta i see. we get mark grant on wednesday. i'll be there. it'll be my 3rd time seein him. and he never disappoints. i think this will be more of an intimate gathering of deep house enthusiasts (sp?).

let me know what's happening with ninja tune. something big might be happening down here in the future as well. *crossing fingers*