Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Level - Acosta's Performance

wildmiami

I know many have there differences on this board but just read this out for a sec.

George opened his set at about 1am and if you've ever been to Level...he opened where the stage is, instead of the booth. They had two screens on each side of the room airing some clips of shit like tunnels and robo men. The lights his production set up around him where crazy cool. There was one spectrum light that went all across the room and divided the room horizontally into 2.

He was working the crowd with the lights and the bass. People were going wild. It had been the first time since Mauro Picotto at Shadow last year that I've seen a "performance" not just a dj throw it down. George recieves an A for the show he put on, compared to what I've seen in Miami lately not including Ultra. The only reason I didn't give him the A+ was cause he didn't dive off the stage into the crowd. :)

Anyway I had a blast and when he comes again, I will be there. :eek::D

People just dont know that George Acosta and Shadowlounge but miami on the map with the help of Groove Jet & Liquid. I bet u people on this board that likes progressive House use to love trance music. Yes even Nolimit was a PVD Fan. CP heads stay Real dont be fake. Even sasha & Digweed were known has the kings of trance in UK. :idea: P.S dont make this a Trance VS House post

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by wildmiami

I know many have there differences on this board but just read this out for a sec.

George opened his set at about 1am and if you've ever been to Level...he opened where the stage is, instead of the booth. They had two screens on each side of the room airing some clips of shit like tunnels and robo men. The lights his production set up around him where crazy cool. There was one spectrum light that went all across the room and divided the room horizontally into 2.

He was working the crowd with the lights and the bass. People were going wild. It had been the first time since Mauro Picotto at Shadow last year that I've seen a "performance" not just a dj throw it down. George recieves an A for the show he put on, compared to what I've seen in Miami lately not including Ultra. The only reason I didn't give him the A+ was cause he didn't dive off the stage into the crowd. :)

Anyway I had a blast and when he comes again, I will be there. :eek::D

thank you, now I know not to waste my time at level... with acosta...

now I know not to waste my time at level... with acosta...

thank god!....Hey I don't think you realize it but your about to run out of clubs you can go to. :cool: Slowly but surely you will be partying in your room with a couple of buddies..."Manolo and Manola"...just a little spanish phrase for you to figure out.:D

Originally posted by wildmiami

thank god!....Hey I don't think you realize it but your about to run out of clubs you can go to. :cool: Slowly but surely you will be partying in your room with a couple of buddies..."Manolo and Manola"...just a little spanish phrase for you to figure out.:D

:laugh: :laugh: HES GONNA BE JERKIN OFF:laugh: :laugh:

& ABOUT GEORGE ACOSTA....i like george alot... recently hes gotten kind of commercial n shit ..but when he really wants to throw down he can put a set together that will blow your mind... ive gone to see alot of dj's that were great one time & the next time ive seen them i wouldnt pay a dime for the set they put together & spun... for example: i bought one of pvd's cd's & i was like "this is crap "!! but then i saw him throw down @ space & his set went off !! then i saw him again at ultra & his set was ok.... then @ space again & he ripped shit up... same goes with almost every dj ive heard & seen spin more than once...i just believe a dj cant always be great ..hes got to try new things & sometimes some of us dont agree with certain tunes they play but eitherway they have to try...just my honest opinion, peace

hes got to try new things & sometimes some of us dont agree with certain tunes they play but eitherway they have to try...just my honest opinion, peace

Great response koky. Same with All Star athelete's....sometimes they have their "OFF" days and sometimes they are "ON FIRE!!!":eek: George had a good day.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Trust Saleen to make a smartass remark. Go back to daytrading, fool.

I have a valid point, this jerk off whats his DJ to stage dive...WTF is wrong with you people down here? Its a valid point... Whats next, Danny T, serving drinkings while he djs?:confused:

Originally posted by saleen351

Whats next, Danny T, serving drinkings while he djs?:confused:

That would be quite alright with me. People blow 40 bucks to see him, they better get more than just music.

this jerk off whats his DJ to stage dive...WTF is wrong with you people down here?

Yo I was just being sarcastic...that's why I put a smile face at the end of that comment you idiot. Jerk off....nah son, that's what you're gonna be doing next weekend. I heard they're gonna have a special on HBO..."Taxi cab confessions...Guido meets Guido" and let me tell you from what I hear when they meet...they MEET.

A DJ is only as good as the set he picks and how to read the crowd. ANY DJ can beat mix, but knowing what to throw at the right time thats the key. Most of the DJ's out there have a chip on their shoulder and think that their shit don't stink by putting on anything and thinking people are going to keep going week after week spending $20 to see them. Sorry but it doesn't work that way. Case in point most of the Shadow Lounge regulars have been going to Liquid when George is across the street at Level. What does that tell you. People get tired of the same shit over and ove again. Sorry but thats life.

Originally posted by pod

That would be quite alright with me. People blow 40 bucks to see him, they better get more than just music.

:laugh::laugh: ..."excuse me danny...i said shaken not stirred!!", lately acosta hasnt had the same energy that he once had...he has been playing old stuff lately...still one of my fav. djs altime...hell i grew up on this guy (club-wise)...but he is still one of the best, if not the best local djs...hey, wildmiami nice meeting u on saturday...next time we have to hang, doorman wasnt being too understanding about the id thing...so i just chilled with bugaloo....;)

Originally posted by saleen351

I have a valid point, this jerk off whats his DJ to stage dive...WTF is wrong with you people down here? Its a valid point... Whats next, Danny T, serving drinkings while he djs?:confused:

why not ?? dj taucher shared his huge bottle of cuervo with us, danced with us , hung from the ceiling while spining & ayed an awsome set for us... why not get more for your money like tauucher gives us?? why ?? cause very few dj's give a rats ass about their fans... my hats off to taucher, THEE BEST !!:cool:

Originally posted by fat0ny

yoh. for the record.. I <3 PVD too.. But the last nigga i want stage diving on me..... is george acosta.

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

whats up with that bullshit?

SSM = South Side Mafia .. nothing related to acosta. Damnit why is it so hard to come up with a name these days. Oh well we continue..

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C

SouthSideMafia

DubNetwork