Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twirl?

I use to go there every weekend last summer because VIP threw the parties. We had a ball - and got wayyy too comfortable with the place actually.

Its a nice lounge with great little private cubby holes, nice dancing space and pretty good drinks. I say check it out at least once if you can because it does guarantee a good time. The only sucky thing is the 3AM closing - or maybe it was 4AM.

Guest gabo

I thought it sucked... The drinks were too damn much money... the system sucked worse than my car radio... its trying t be a club when it should really try to be a laid back lounge... and whats with 20 bucks to get in that place:confused: :idea:

Originally posted by gabo

I thought it sucked... The drinks were too damn much money... the system sucked worse than my car radio... its trying t be a club when it should really try to be a laid back lounge... and whats with 20 bucks to get in that place:confused: :idea:

I never paid $20 to get in. I dont think you did either. And everytime I saw you there, you were havin a good time. Lets not forget...if it werent for Twirl (and me!) you wouldnt have met certain people!!! :tongue:

There's admission fees? Hmm, I never paid 'em so I guss Im seeing it from a whole different view.

As for drinks being pricey, they usually run an open bar for an hour or two. The drinks are slightly expensive but so is all of NYC. Can't afford it, stay in Jersey.

Thats how I look at it. And I never really had a horrible time there. That place holds some of my most loved memories!

Guest gabo
Originally posted by cmb1975

I never paid $20 to get in. I dont think you did either. And everytime I saw you there, you were havin a good time. Lets not forget...if it werent for Twirl (and me!) you wouldnt have met certain people!!! :tongue:

ok first off yo udidnt intro us there... yo uwere just standing there when we met...silly bitch.

and you guys had a great time cause yo uknew more than half of the people in there from vip.

the average person will not get in fro free... and get to mingle with 30 of their friends in there...

ok first off yo udidnt intro us there... yo uwere just standing there when we met...silly bitch.

and you guys had a great time cause yo uknew more than half of the people in there from vip.

the average person will not get in fro free... and get to mingle with 30 of their friends in there...

You have some kind of problem sport? WTF! Lighten the fuck up!

And the only reason I knew the people from VIP is because most of them are from CP. I went out and met them. Plain and simple.

And I never said I always got in for free, but I dont think it was a $20 cover.

Originally posted by gmccookny

I hear that if you do a full 360 degree Twirl at the front door for the bouncers, they'll let u in for free (just make sure you arch your neck and spread your arms out to look like a fairy ;)

:laugh:

Guest gabo

You have some kind of problem sport? WTF! Lighten the fuck up!

And the only reason I knew the people from VIP is because most of them are from CP. I went out and met them. Plain and simple.

And I never said I always got in for free, but I dont think it was a $20 cover.

listen skankalicious, shut your mouth and speak when spoken to... who are you enyway... have we met??

btw it was a 20 dollar cover... reduced for vipers was a 10 dollar cover... which I got smart to eventually

listen skankalicious, shut your mouth and speak when spoken to... who are you enyway... have we met??

btw it was a 20 dollar cover... reduced for vipers was a 10 dollar cover... which I got smart to eventually

btw....if you ever paid 20 to get in, you are an idiot....you knew the deal. And dont act like you didnt have fun cause that would be a big stinky lie.

Originally posted by gmccookny

I hear that if you do a full 360 degree Twirl at the front door for the bouncers, they'll let u in for free (just make sure you arch your neck and spread your arms out to look like a fairy ;)

that made me feel smurfy inside :love:

~twirls like a fairy~

children, do i have to spank u both? tisk tisk. . . :tongue::laugh:

Guest gabo

btw....if you ever paid 20 to get in, you are an idiot....you knew the deal. And dont act like you didnt have fun cause that would be a big stinky lie.

I did have fun there the first couple of times... thats cause cp and vip were there... but in general I am saying the place stinks??

I did have fun there the first couple of times... thats cause cp and vip were there... but in general I am saying the place stinks??

You had fun cause your friends were there, regardless of what board they posted on.

:tongue:

Guest gabo

You had fun cause your friends were there, regardless of what board they posted on.

:tongue:

shut up already, wanker

Just my personal opinion, Twirl is the 2nd worst club in the city, tied with Webster Hall (Eugenes being the worst, although I've never been to China Club so maybe there is another even worse). It's overcrowded, drinks are pricey, the system sucks, they don't play anything you can't hear on the radio, the decor isn't great, yadda yadda. Maybe a decent pick-up joint, and it's not a horrible place to have a private party if you're inviting people with diverse tastes, but other than that I'd avoid the place. But once again, that's just my two cents.

I used to go to Twirl for free, and get free drinks because my friend was a bartender there a year and half ago. And even with all that, I still didn't have fun. The sound system was pretty bad, and the music wasn't very good either.

I can't say I know how the VIP parties went. Maybe the place got better.

peace