Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OMG, this is the worst thing ever....

So i didnt install AIM at the new job on the first day. I was trying to be responsible.

I decided to install it today. not that I was going to use it, but just to have there just in case.

well, I CANT install it. I cant even install ghetto AIM. I dont have "administrative options" :(

thats it. I need another new job.

I CANT LIVE WITHOUT IM.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by kingartur

Try goin on aol.com and using aim express or quickbuddy, no download need for that. thats what i use at work

tried that. I'm missing some necessary application.

Ron: I think its a little early to be askin IT for favors.

especially ones that revolve around me wasting work time.

:(

Originally posted by lavendermenace

Ron: I think its a little early to be askin IT for favors.

especially ones that revolve around me wasting work time.

:(

Shannon, God gave you the Lav Rack for a reason. Use it. More than likely at least one of the IT people is a guy. Work the magic, otherwise remain doomed to actually doing your job.

"Sorry, you must either be using an old browser that doesn't support Java, or you have Java support turned off. You must be running at least Netscape 4.7.2 or Internet Explorer 4.5. If you are running new versions of Netscape or IE, and the AIM Express still doesn't show up, making sure you have Java turned on, quit and restart your browser and reload this page. "

ummm... i dont know. the browser isnt old, and java support is enabled...

oh well.

Ron:LOL. there's only one and its a chick

Originally posted by joeg

http://toc.oscar.aol.com/aimexpress/content.html

doesn't work???

its just java...

. . if I do remember correctly there was an issue with Microsoft not enabling the Java VM by default in XP . . I think it's been remedied . . but if your admins want to be real cocksnots about it they can just disallow all java . . . That combined with a restrictive system policy (read: Users get no rights) pretty much destroys any possibility of chat software . . unless someone's figured out how to do it using active X . . .

Lav....

Why don't you burn it onto a cd and just run it off of that?

Before I got into IT, I had the same problem. I burned my AG satelite and Instant messenger onto a cd and used it that way :)