Clubplanet Nightlife Community

D'jais Sound Problem

the problem was as simple as this...........(keep in mind i wasn't there yet i was still at surf)....(here is the scenerio)......

in the back bar by the men's room we added EAW LA325's speakers to make that area like a alternative dance floor......so while tsettos was doing his set someone decided to change the equilization back there...........now keep in mind, we put covers on all the eq's, limiters, ect..(all the amps and processors are in the basement)..........now someone takes the tamper proof covers off and starts attempting the re-eq the back bar area not realizing that they are playing with the compressor-limiter for the main system.........for those of you who don't know what a limiter does it let's the soundman pre-set a maximum level which the music can go.........so dj or band cannot overdrive the system beyond it's capabilities..............so anyway someone touched the limiter besides the eq and maxed the compressor so that it was attacking the entire signal and simultaneously touched a button called the slave link and mono link..........that, my friends is what killed the sound...........now when the sound went out all the off duty dj's from wherever were in the basement turning everything trying to get the sound back on...............................................................................................................................................................................................................THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS............IF IT AIN'T BROKE,,,,,,DON'T FIX IT...........hey tsettos, next time they do that to you......push everyone out of the way, look at the limiter and press the bypass button...........that will undo the changes.......................

THE WORST NIGHTMARE FOR A DJ IS WHEN THE MUSIC GOES OUT TO A PACKED HOUSE...............BETTER YOU (DENNY) THAN ME....HAHA

it was all my fault. i was all drunked up and threw a bottle at the speaker, knocking it off the stand and then pulled the wire outta the wall and then punched out the bouncer. sorry. i promise it wont happen again. but thanx for covering for me K-Lo....Wheeew...will they let me back ever again this summer?

Originally posted by sexyinthecity

Regardless of the sound going out...Denny was great! I was a little too tipsie to even notice...:D (that is, the sound going out).:D :D :D

i hardly noticed it also!! it gave me a chance to talk to the girl i was hanging out with! :)

Originally posted by chrishaolin

i hardly noticed it also!! it gave me a chance to talk to the girl i was hanging out with! :)

seriously me too....I'm like "you want to go back to your place for awhile?"...she's like "WHAT?????"....(music dies down)....I'm like "you want to go back to your place for awhile?"...she's like "yeah..lets go". The timing was impeccable I tell you

Originally posted by kirklop

the problem was as simple as this...........(keep in mind i wasn't there yet i was still at surf)....(here is the scenerio)......

in the back bar by the men's room we added EAW LA325's speakers to make that area like a alternative dance floor......so while tsettos was doing his set someone decided to change the equilization back there...........now keep in mind, we put covers on all the eq's, limiters, ect..(all the amps and processors are in the basement)..........now someone takes the tamper proof covers off and starts attempting the re-eq the back bar area not realizing that they are playing with the compressor-limiter for the main system.........for those of you who don't know what a limiter does it let's the soundman pre-set a maximum level which the music can go.........so dj or band cannot overdrive the system beyond it's capabilities..............so anyway someone touched the limiter besides the eq and maxed the compressor so that it was attacking the entire signal and simultaneously touched a button called the slave link and mono link..........that, my friends is what killed the sound...........now when the sound went out all the off duty dj's from wherever were in the basement turning everything trying to get the sound back on...............................................................................................................................................................................................................THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS............IF IT AIN'T BROKE,,,,,,DON'T FIX IT...........hey tsettos, next time they do that to you......push everyone out of the way, look at the limiter and press the bypass button...........that will undo the changes.......................

THE WORST NIGHTMARE FOR A DJ IS WHEN THE MUSIC GOES OUT TO A PACKED HOUSE...............BETTER YOU (DENNY) THAN ME....HAHA

Hey Kirk why don't you tell everybody what you told me?

That you were going to send Denny a message that DJas is your house.

Well I can't wait to see what hppens to you when you spin in Dennys house on the 18th:laugh:

first of all tempbitch, if i had something to say why would i tell your punk ass? second of all you get so drunk on 2 shots of jolly ranchers (pussy) that if i did tell you something you wouldn't remember anyway.......you talk a big game with no backup......go jump in the lake you live near..........ohhhhh, but don't swim to the wrong side because the bullies might beat your ass again plus break your teeth..............you fuckin' sally-boy

first of all tempbitch, if i had something to say why would i tell your punk ass? second of all you get so drunk on 2 shots of jolly ranchers (pussy) that if i did tell you something you wouldn't remember anyway.......you talk a big game with no backup......go jump in the lake you live near..........ohhhhh, but don't swim to the wrong side because the bullies might beat your ass again plus break your teeth..............you fuckin' sally-boy

:laugh:

You better watch your back kid!

I'm like Joe Fraizer the Hell Razer

I'll cut you with my razor blazer.

I been around the world from Hong Kong

to Hopatcong and like a King Kong

I'll rip your head off and use it for Beer Pong.

Yup I'm really that Strong

I'm the new kid in D'Jas this summer holding it Down

so leave the Ground and give up your Crown

Belmar is my Town. I'll hit you so hard you'll end up in Cancun

then maybe you will get to spin in La Boom

yes real Soon real Soon my friend.

joe fraizer is a 90 year old boxer so what you sayin'.........

but when joe was your age he could go to the wrong side of the lake and protect himself unlike yourself.........the only thing you and fraizer have in common is a plastic mouthpiece so nobody "BREAKS YOUR TEETH.".............don't make me rip up the rest of your poem pussyboy......

I'm the Wild of the West

I'm not Mild I 'm the Best

Don't try to Contest

You just better Respect

If not you better shoot up some Test.

You play Chump you get Jump

I'll take all your Bumps and leave you in the Dumps

with one big mother fucking big ass Lump

When I'm through with you forget about DJ's

You'll be mopping the floor at BJ's

Ding Dong!!!! Game over

I win...You are the weakest link Good by.

BTW Kirk I'm just kidding please don't banned me from Djas :D

tempkid, your outta control with the poems...too funny.........

see you at surf or d'jais you lightweight....drinks on me....

your not writing those......plagarism is a crime.....

Yo Kirk the Jerk, nah,nah just kidding;)

we all know how you be spinning

my boy K-LO draws a crowd like that girl J-LO

I was Wrong to play you in my little Song

but I can do that since I'm so fucking Strong

That's right drinks on you, but toss in a DJas vip Card

and I will not make you throw up really really Hard

BTW did you really believe I got jumped on the other side of the lake?:laugh: I hurt my leg playing wallyball.

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by tempkid

K.Lo I'm bumping this thread for you.

Because I thought you fucking knew

So if you didn't learn your lesson before

I'll come at you with More and More

Bitch you better bring that shit hardcore

You fucking little whore

man this brought back some memories.......what i'd give for it to be opening weekend at djais this weekend :(