Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Declare Sept. 11 a National Holiday

If you actually "clicked" the link and read the letter attached to the US Government, you would see it is meant to be regarded as a day of rememberance of the beloved people and lost heroes. As well as a day of unification of Americans.

If you don't agree, then that's fine. I'm not looking at it as a way to have a "day off" or for my children to get to stay home from school. But I lost people that day. Friends from afar and those who were close and dear to my heart. I would like a day in their honor. It's the same as those lights that were up and the same as the future memorial that will be placed in the WTC are for them.

It's about remembering....not forgetting. You either agree or you don't but no need to be snippy about the subject without presenting an intellectual debate. I just thought it would be nice to share with all of you. I'm seeing I was wrong.

~kAt~

I signed. They should rename the title of the webpage, instead of saying "Declare Sept 11 a Nation Holiday" they should change it to "A Day of Mourning" or something like that. There are many people who will spend that day mouring over friends and loved ones. Small children in schools will begin to understand how important this date is in history because they will not be in school. This is a touchy subject but I am with Kat on this one.

BTW - how many kids you got Kat? Any of them mine?