Clubplanet Nightlife Community

my weekend reviews

warning i had a long weekend this is a lengthy review

fri first time at sandbar it was actually very nice, good looking crowd i went to check out ziggy spin

he basically plays a mix of junior, dt, and jp signature tracks, very good selection he even took it back to 98

then i went to vinyl

at first i was disappointed when i walked in and heard dt wasnt there because it is my last weekend in ny and i wanted to desperately hear him

anyways the dj was actually pretty good

does anyone know his name?

ok now for sat

started off at saci, rich is ok

however im not a fan of hip hop so when the hip hop dj started playing i was in hell, haha

as far as the crowd, it was ok

but i was also with good company

next i went to exit to check out the toga party in the white room and to hear junior

well of course out of spirit i was wearing one because i was begged to be part of the theme

however only a few people actually wore togas, i guess that was lack of promotion, they also let people in without one, and they said they werent, oh well

as far as junior i wasnt really feeling him, maybe it was still early i usually check him out really late, so i got bored and headed out to sf

now sf

cleveland is the fucking man

i really think this board should go check him out

u have no idea the sick shit he plays and he can work two tracks like one of the best, and he definitely has his own style

jp of course gets mixed reviews for me

it was my first time back since the anniversary that nite he played some of the best music i have ever heard from around 6pm till closing, so i was expecting to hear some good shit today

he always plays incredible for a few hours

i will dance my ass off completely amazed at what im hearing and wondering how he does it

then he will play shit for awhile and the cycle continues throughout the nite

i really feel like im listening to two completely different djs

one is fucking horrible, and the other is awesome

since there is an awesome side to him and i have a hunger for music, i will check him out but only on theme nites after 12pm sun those nites make every other nite seem like shit

and they are the only ones worth going to sf

plus the crowd changes for afterhours u will find a huge number of people in sweats and sneakers ready to get down, including myself

my review of the club itself

wtf happened to the club

i was going pretty consistent for a few months then after the anniversary i took a break

the crowd has changed significantly

there used to be an afterhours crew made up of awesome dancers, i only saw a few of them last nite

finally the conclusions i made this weekend

the whole ny scene is going down, and im very bored with it

there really is no club i want to go consistently to every weekend

which sucks because i love dancing

i guess i will have to open up my own club in the future

on fri i would have open turntables

and on sat i would book top djs

variety definitely defines good music for me