Oh yeah Nycchic24 is probably on the New York board

Originally posted by kaydup

Carelli is in Ohio, to see if he wants to move there or not:laugh:

Jess is crunching numbers:laugh:

Ummm lets see Tdawg is out rounding up "hussies" with Venus:laugh:

TeamJ5 is busy watching short circuit

I think that is just about everyone that posts here

Oh yeah Nycchic24 is probably on the New York board

You guys don't know what you're missing in Boston!! Ohio has EVERYTHING!! Malls, streets, open fileds, corn, buckeyes (whatever the hell those are), offices, cable TV, "the internet"... it's like nothing I've ever seen before!! Actually, it's kind of like New Hampshire... just with more strip malls. (if that's possible)

How've you been Vik? Haven't seen you in forever!

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

You guys don't know what you're missing in Boston!! Ohio has EVERYTHING!! Malls, streets, open fileds, corn, buckeyes (whatever the hell those are), offices, cable TV, "the internet"... it's like nothing I've ever seen before!! Actually, it's kind of like New Hampshire... just with more strip malls. (if that's possible)

:laugh: Sounds like an exciting trip... lol when are you getting back?

I'm doing good thanks! How have you been?

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

The State Tree - Ohio Buckeye, Aesculus glabra

Size: small tree of central states, chiefly of Ohio and Mississippi Valley regions, 30'-50' in height, 2'-3' in diameter

Growth: grows best in deep fertile soils, will usually reach maturity in 60-80 years

Leaves: palmately compound with five nearly elliptical, serrate leaflets 4" - 6" long

Buds: large terminal bud (nonresinous)

Branching: stout limbs in opposite positioning

Bark: grey, scaly plates

Flowers: showy, pale white to greenish yellow, branched clusters 4" -6" long

Fruit (nut): 1" -2" seed capsule, somewhat spiny with 1-5 non-edible seeds (nuts) inside

Other information: also known a fetid buckeye, stinking buckeye. It is one of the first trees to leaf out in the spring and drops its leaves early in the fall. Fall leaf coloration is orange to red

Uses: today mostly pulp; in the past - furniture, crates, pallets, caskets, artificial human limbs

Folklore: nut is considered a good luck charm, relieves pain of arthritis and rheumatism, resembles the eye of the buck deer

State Champion Big Tree: circumference - 162"; height 82' crown spread - 67'; location - North Bend, Hamilton County

Is that enough info for ya

:laugh: They are good luck

Size: small tree of central states, chiefly of Ohio and Mississippi Valley regions, 30'-50' in height, 2'-3' in diameter

Growth: grows best in deep fertile soils, will usually reach maturity in 60-80 years

Leaves: palmately compound with five nearly elliptical, serrate leaflets 4" - 6" long

Branching: stout limbs in opposite positioning

Bark: grey, scaly plates

Flowers: showy, pale white to greenish yellow, branched clusters 4" -6" long

Fruit (nut): 1" -2" seed capsule, somewhat spiny with 1-5 non-edible seeds (nuts) inside

Other information: also known a fetid buckeye, stinking buckeye. It is one of the first trees to leaf out in the spring and drops its leaves early in the fall. Fall leaf coloration is orange to red

Uses: today mostly pulp; in the past - furniture, crates, pallets, caskets, artificial human limbs

Folklore: nut is considered a good luck charm, relieves pain of arthritis and rheumatism, resembles the eye of the buck deer

State Champion Big Tree: circumference - 162"; height 82' crown spread - 67'; location - North Bend, Hamilton County

Is that enough info for ya

:laugh: They are good luck

LOL busy day at work:confused: :laugh:

Wait a second.... we may be on to something here. Large, nonresinous buds... YUMMY!!!! :smoke::tongue: Huge 'trees' that produce no resin... think of it! I'm gonna have to try to dig one of these up before I leave. (I don't care what you say Drew, you definitely have too much free time on your hands at work :laugh: )

Vikkii, as of right now I'm getting back Friday night after midnight. But I'm hoping I can catch an earlier flight back so I don't waste half of my friday night.

I've been doing pretty good. Had a bit of an incident a couple weeks ago, but other than that I've been doing fine. Have you got anything cool planned this summer?? That question goes for anyone... are any of you doing anything cool/fun (besides Jess going to Europe/Ibiza :cool: ) I'm going to San Diego with a bunch of friends from college to visit a bunch of other friends from college. Going over July 4th weekend, should be a blast!! :D