Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: CarBuff's...Rollout!!!

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

expensive clothing, cars, and jewelry are too expensive only for those that cant afford em.

That was some masterful insight there buddy. ;)

I dont hate on a lot of german cars. Only most of the mainstream cruisers. notice how i never mentioned porsche. ;)

As for japanese... i wouldn't be so hasty. The japs make some damn good cars and they're downright serious about performance. expensive does not necessarily mean "better".

oh and you want a car that would kill that porsche?

BPU+ Supra. Nuff said :)

Originally posted by cintron

oh and you want a car that would kill that porsche?

BPU+ Supra. Nuff said :)

I think we are comparing factory cars, not aftermarket. Check out www.supraforums.com . There are a bunch of MKIVs putting out 800 hp to the wheels. As far as I know nobody produces a street legal car in the US that does the 1/4 mile in less than 11 seconds. If you are just talking about straight line speed, check this out... a year or two ago i found this website for an 89 Caravan Turbo 5 speed. Guy kept the stock block, bigger turbo etc etc and got it to run 11s. Ever see that website, i think it was taken down. Talk about a sleeper.

Oh and DG - the GT2000 kit isn't the only kit for my 2. :)

go to www.mr-2.com and click the eyeball. It'll give you every kit under the sun that's available.

Teklord - good call on the autoX. I'd love to stop by and bring Tanuki. DG you up for it? We oughta have a board AutoX, LOL

i didnt mean literally... just that the gt2000 is the only one worth doing... we should have a board auto meet up it would be hot...

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

by the way, DG, the 2.7t is amazing. thats the car i really wanted to get before. its fast and i think audis have the best interiors out there.

in its price range its definitely top notch

I agree with you a 110%... audis give you the most bang for your buck!!! but hey its a matter of prefrence... everyones allowed to their opinion... right wrong or indifferent its their opinion...

Originally posted by dgmodel

i didnt mean literally... just that the gt2000 is the only one worth doing... we should have a board auto meet up it would be hot...

LOL yeah. there are some other kits that are nice too but if i had about 6 or 7 grand i'd do the TRD kit.

As it is, i'm just trying to get rims and suspension on the car. Nevermind a bodykit. What mods are you doin to your car?

I know apples is working his Subie up.

Heres my list of favorite cars for the money:

Supra TT (if i had the cash.. it'd be in the driveway)

2g DSM (eclipse/talon)

1989 Porshe 944 (or 1988 944 S, same thing) aka 953

Last gen Mr2

WRX

Last gen RX-7

Supra TT is expensive, yes, but you can put that bitch in the 10's/11's without THAT much hassle... (1/4 mi)

2g dsm, i'd make you all watch my tail lights if I had a little more cash....

953, midengine, porshe handling/class, RWD, Turbo (255hp STOCK)

The deuce, midengine, cheaply modded, RWD... wannabe ferarri... oops i mean... uhh. n/m... (see also: cintron)

btw, i agree about the purist thing... i'd have to rip half that crap out of those cars....

WRX, same thing more/less as the dsms... only with more of a rally feel...

Rx-7, rotary engines.... pain in the ass, but its fast...

i'm sure i forgot some...

IMO... anything with 200hp or more, should be modded into oblivion and have a stick shift.... (yeah, i'm workin on that stickshift thing, i wish i had known i'd be racing when i bought it)...

also, nothing meant for "performance" should be more than say... 3500lbs? (and even thats porky)... hell, i WOULD have listed the 3000gt, but that thing is heavy...

if you really wanna spend 25g... buy a 79 vette, gut it, and drop in a nice 502, EFI, dual 3" headers back, rod 6-speed....

The S4 just felt like it didnt want to grip the road that well. Power wasn't there - that 1.8T is laggy. I'd like to see how the newer engine holds up, but i know they have a reputation for eating their turbos quickly.

I think you are thinking of the wrong car,might be different over there but S4's have a 2.7 V6 twin turbo engine over here.

They also don't make an S4 in the new model yet but the range topper is a 3.0 V6.The quattro 4wd is awesome though,you sure you did'nt test a bog standard 1.8T without quattro?

Originally posted by starshaped

I think you are thinking of the wrong car,might be different over there but S4's have a 2.7 V6 twin turbo engine over here.

They also don't make an S4 in the new model yet but the range topper is a 3.0 V6.The quattro 4wd is awesome though,you sure you did'nt test a bog standard 1.8T without quattro?

the s4's here do have the 2.7L twin turbo v6. did the RS6 come out yet over there?

Originally posted by starshaped

The S4 just felt like it didnt want to grip the road that well. Power wasn't there - that 1.8T is laggy. I'd like to see how the newer engine holds up, but i know they have a reputation for eating their turbos quickly.

Nope. I meant A4, not S4. Sorry for the mixup. The S4 does have a very impressive powerplant.

The A4's was a joke and it did have quattro, but for tight manuvering and a nimble stance, it didn't seem to jive well.

i have yet to try an S4... if anyone cares to volunteer one...

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

the s4's here do have the 2.7L twin turbo v6. did the RS6 come out yet over there?

I'm not to sure if it's out yet,i work in the parts dept on the VW side so i'm not up on the new release Audi's.If it's anything like the RS4 though they only bought 200 in to this country and i've only ever seen one,he had it chipped to over 500bhp!...in an estate car.

Do you remember the old RS2 Avant as well,the one with the engine mods and brakes by Porsche? They are all absolute beasts of cars.

Oh yeah and that new 4wd VW that you mentioned before is called a Toureg,i'm not to sure about it though.

I love My Subaru...thats all im going to say. There are nicers cars for every car out there....to compare is just ridiculous. Get the best for your money, or what you feel is the best for you. Be comfortable with your choice. I have a 2001 Impreza 2.5RS...its not the fastest thing in the world but we also arent near the Autobahn. Snow? Rain? Mud? AUTO X!!!!!! I love my car.

By the way...East Coast Motorsports in selden long island. Check em out. They have 3 GSX's all under 30,000 in value running low 11's and high 10's, 3000GT VR4 10.8 and a 92 Nissan Sentra Running low 12's. Also supercharged maximas, type-r's running 12's...you can make any car fast with money or buy one that already is, but are you unique?

i really wish i could look at subarus. i have enjyed my svx a lot, and i did want to consider subaru, but the impreza lease deals are such crap. I am considering the legacy vs the A4 1.8 quattro, but the legacy is even heavier and has less power. If the legacy was available with the flat-6 (only the outback is :mad: ), it would be my first choice.

*sigh*

i really wish i could look at subarus. i have enjyed my svx a lot, and i did want to consider subaru, but the impreza lease deals are such crap. I am considering the legacy vs the A4 1.8 quattro, but the legacy is even heavier and has less power. If the legacy was available with the flat-6 (only the outback is :mad: ), it would be my first choice.

*sigh*

why not the wrx... i've never heard anyone complain about that...

hell, atomic crapples drives one... you know it can't be bad!

i dont beleive we got the RS2.

and only 200 S4's?! Thats strange. I thought they would sell well over there. I dont know how many of them we get annually, but its more than that.

actually, i think DG would know.

yo DG...get yer ass over here!

S4's & RS4's are a different car.They only made 6000,we got 200 and they sold out before they were released.It's an estate car using the S4's 265bhp biturbo engine,but tuned up to 380bhp.Apparantly they use it as a pace car in some motor racing over there.

The RS2 was the same principle as this,it was also an estate car which had a 2.2 turbo engine producing 320bhp (good at time).It came out around '94.Porsche had somthing to do with the engine and it had big red porsche brake's on it.

The RS6 comes out in about a year using the S6's standard V8 tuned up to 450bhp.

Try checking out www.rs4.org for info on the RS4 & RS2,there is some good pictures & articles from motoring magazines on there.