Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: CarBuff's...Rollout!!!

ew. German luxury/sport cars. I'm sorry, I'm a purist and to me, walnut dashes, Chrome gauge trim, DVD navigation and plush soft leather does NOT belong in ANYTHING with the word "sports car". That's pure blasphemy.

btw, if you're going to drop all this cash on oe of these ridiculously expensive "performance" [giggle] cars, then why in the hell would you NOT mod it? Seems like a waste to me.

If you're not going to mod it and you aren't going to need anything more than an automatic, just get something lame like an impala or a malibu.

expensive "sports" cars that aren't modded are a complete waste of money, IMO

The M3 i MAY make an exception for.

in stock trim, hell no. The power's there but the handling could be worked a little better.

The S4... don't make me laugh. Just buy a Boat and slap an Audi symbol on it.

the C36... is getting somewhere, IMO. That car is more sports than the Audi.

All three of them are a waste of money though i think. Incredibly expensive to buy, maintain and mod. And honestly... they're all heavy as hell.

like i said i'm a purist. all this glam in a sports car doesn't compute for me. Ah well. For the price I'd say the Lexus is a better deal. Japanese or not - they have their shit together with that car. Audis will spend half their time in the shop. The beemer and the mercedes are good, but exhorbatantly expensive for what you get.

Originally posted by cintron

The M3 i MAY make an exception for.

in stock trim, hell no. The power's there but the handling could be worked a little better.

The S4... don't make me laugh. Just buy a Boat and slap an Audi symbol on it.

the C36... is getting somewhere, IMO. That car is more sports than the Audi.

All three of them are a waste of money though i think. Incredibly expensive to buy, maintain and mod. And honestly... they're all heavy as hell.

like i said i'm a purist. all this glam in a sports car doesn't compute for me. Ah well. For the price I'd say the Lexus is a better deal. Japanese or not - they have their shit together with that car. Audis will spend half their time in the shop. The beemer and the mercedes are good, but exhorbatantly expensive for what you get.

ROTFLMAO...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...ROTFLMAO

have you ever owned any other cars besides your mr2??? cause i would like to know what you base your opinion's on... not that theyre wrong not that mr2's are bad cars... just curious as to the method to your madness... thats all...

Yes, Yes I do.

Do you have "POWERED BY SHITWURST" written on your rear bumper? :D

I guess i'm just saying if he can only afford to lease, the Lexus may be a better deal. He may be able to use the money saved over the others to finance it instead :)

and that means Mods :)

btw speaking of german stuff... I just found out there's a german company who makes a bodykit for my deuce. go figure ;)

Palatina2.jpg

Palatina1.jpg

Looks like i'm saving up ....

DG - nice pics.

hey Cintron.. give us a few examples of cars you prefer in the A4-A6 price range. What is your ideal car that you have modded out?

I will agree with you, all those cars are fairly heavy. I've seen the new M3 and S4 in a tight Auto-X and the M3 did a much better job. The S4 spent most of its time on its sidewalls. I've yet to see a C36 attempt this but i would be very interested. Have you ever autocrossed your car? Road courses? It is a ton of fun, i highly suggest that everyone gives it a shot. So far i've only done PCA(porsche club) events, but on May 26th www.themclub.net is hosting an autoX at the Meadowlands. I'll be running my Eclipse and my brother will drive his '89 951. Anyone interested in participating?

the only kit for your car is the GT2000 kit... period!

i was going to quote one of your earlier posts but you edited it...

if luxury sports cars are a waste of money, and wood trim/chrome gauges and blah are blasphemy and arent sports cars... explain to me ferrari,lambo,diablo,porsche, etc...???

Originally posted by dgmodel

just curious as to the method to your madness... thats all...

;) there IS NO method to my madness...

hahaha.

actually i've taken these cars around an autoX course, so i know how they handle and what their tendencies are.

The 98 M3 was fun but it had MAD understeer and lots of body roll.

The S4 just felt like it didnt want to grip the road that well. Power wasn't there - that 1.8T is laggy. I'd like to see how the newer engine holds up, but i know they have a reputation for eating their turbos quickly.

The mercedes I have yet to drive.

I drove a Volvo C70. Please. Dont make me laugh.

Now for the kicker: I placed second above these cars.

driving my 96 SATURN sports coupe. Go figure. I dunno - honestly i wasn't impressed with the ergonomics or the handling of the german cars. The M3 would've been my fave out of the group... but i thought i was really going to be wowed with it's handling prowess. I wasn't.

Oh well. Maybe if he got those sticky tires like i told him to, he might've saved himself the disgrace ;)

Oh and DG - the GT2000 kit isn't the only kit for my 2. :)

go to www.mr-2.com and click the eyeball. It'll give you every kit under the sun that's available.

Teklord - good call on the autoX. I'd love to stop by and bring Tanuki. DG you up for it? We oughta have a board AutoX, LOL

I'd love to take a W8 out for a spin and see what it can do. That's impressive.

I'd also like to take one of the new Beemer Engines with the valvetronic setups out. Just think - camshaft-controlled throttle. No throttlebody or butterfly. Variable lift, Variable timing. No throttle lag when you punch it. Outstanding gas mileage....

[imghttp://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/225860.jpg

now THERE is a sports car

its got a walnut dash, plush leather seats, and i'm sure its got chrome gauges

oh yeah, and it'll rip ANYTHING you'll make of a japanese car

Originally posted by cintron

actually i've taken these cars around an autoX course, so i know how they handle and what their tendencies are.

The 98 M3 was fun but it had MAD understeer and lots of body roll.

The S4 just felt like it didnt want to grip the road that well. Power wasn't there - that 1.8T is laggy. I'd like to see how the newer engine holds up, but i know they have a reputation for eating their turbos quickly.

The mercedes I have yet to drive.

I drove a Volvo C70. Please. Dont make me laugh.

Now for the kicker: I placed second above these cars.

driving my 96 SATURN sports coupe. Go figure. I dunno - honestly i wasn't impressed with the ergonomics or the handling of the german cars. The M3 would've been my fave out of the group... but i thought i was really going to be wowed with it's handling prowess. I wasn't.

Oh well. Maybe if he got those sticky tires like i told him to, he might've saved himself the disgrace ;)

Teklord - good call on the autoX. I'd love to stop by and bring Tanuki. DG you up for it? We oughta have a board AutoX, LOL

There are a bunch of great sports cars on the road, but many of them will simply not do well in an AutoX. It's very tight and too technical for some cars. But then again in my opinion how well you do is based on 70% driver, 30% car. I've seen guys with Boxsters shit on new 911 Turbos. I mean hell, i thought my brother's 944 was incredibly fast, had no body roll and stuck to the road. Street driving is nothing compared to this. Even if you don't compete at least come and watch.

We should definetely get people together and tear up an AutoX course with fellow CPers. My eclipse isn't exactly prepared(stock Eagle RS-As suck!!) for it, but whatever.... its fun.

yep.

i get kind of pissed of when people hate on german cars cause they are "a waste of money"

damn it, if you cant afford it shut yer trap and go drive yer japanese cars

there is NOTHING like German engineering and luxury.

expensive clothing, cars, and jewelry are too expensive only for those that cant afford em.