Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My only beef with 93.1

mikeydny

I dont mind the station, shit its the only station down here that has any clue. Im sure once they hire some Dj's, and get some mix shows going, the variety will change, and then it will be good.

I dont understand who is in charge of music over there, but I don't get it. After being on the radio for a few months already, they just started now playing...Sono - Keep Control, song is older then me, the best though, they announce it as a new song.

I know they can't get rights to many signed songs, but cmon now, theres so much music out there, that they can play, anyone know if there hiring I need a job, I'll be the 93.1 music coordinator..........? :D

& DO THEY EVER PLAN TO STOP PLAYING THAT DAMN " I GOTTA GET THRU THIS" SONG ??? WHAT CATEGORY OF MUSIC DOES THAT FALL IN ? IN MY OPINION IT FALLS IN THE SUCKIEST MUSIC OF ALL TIMES CATEGORY... I THOUGHT IT WAS A MICHAEL JACKSON SONG FOR MONTHS.. I BARELY LISTEN TO THE STATION ANYMORE EXCEPT A COUPLE OF MINS A DY & THEY SEEM TO SAVE THAT FUCKIN SONG FOR RIGHT WHEN I PUT IT ON THAT STATION !!

DO THEY REALLY PLAN ON FINALLY HIRING DJ'S ?? THEY NEED TO HURRY UP & DO IT CAUSE THE STATION IS STARTING TO GO DOWN JUST AS FAST AS IT WENT UP... JMO.. PEACE

Originally posted by mikeydny

That song is miserable, annoys the hell out of me.

Let me play cds all day long, ill work for $10 a hour, play better shit then they do now, 93.1 hire me. :D

:laugh: :laugh: TRUUUUUUUE MY 3 YEAR OLD SON HAS BETTER TASTE FOR MUSIC THAN

THAT !!MY KIDS FAVE CD IS DANNY T'S CD GU IN ATHENS...I WOULDNT MIND LISTENING TO THAT DOUBLE CD ALL DAY... :laugh: :laugh:

I don't think the people at 93.1 are entirely at fault. It probably comes from a higher authority. I think something like 80% of all radio stations are owned by 3 or 4 different company's. They regulate what gets to be played on the radio, and it all stems down from there. That's why you hear the same shit everywhere you go. It's probably very hard for the station to stear away from what is considered "mainstream" and what the people want....... well not what the people on this board want to hear I guess. Either way I think it's still cool to be able to hear Edgar and GA on the radio, so at least they are trying...slowly

Originally posted by chaos33

Either way I think it's still cool to be able to hear Edgar and GA on the radio, so at least they are trying...slowly

i heard that 93.1 left liquids on sat, no more 93.1 from liquids on sat......but u still have mr acosta on y-100...

My only beef with 93.1 is that it's sooooooooo mainstream.....you know what?.....fuck it, keep it like that....keep the underground shit in it's place by not airing it......great idea....

okay I understand 93.1 is a commercial dance station. but come on, if your going to play dance tracks; dated or otherwise. for goodness sake play a decent remix version of the song. example instead of the cheesy version of darude – feel the beat, that’s played every hour. bust out the Robbie Rivera, tribal sessions mix. another example Amber- the need to be naked, drop that boring vocal mix, and tear sh*t up with Guido Osorio virgin mix.

finally lay off the "power 96 " flaming, it makes 93.1 seem like a jilted lover. :D just my two pennies.. ;)

Note to 93.1 : hire Mikeydny he knows his sh*t, and the man needs work.:D:idea:

Originally posted by sobeton

Note to 93.1 : hire Mikeydny he knows his sh*t, and the man needs work.:D:idea:

I already been talking to them, they offered me a internship, but I can't work for free, as much as I would enjoy it, I just can't. Make me musical director, I can do a little better then Zombie Nation & I Gotta Get Thru This.....:D

Guest saleen351

I would like to see more old school jersey shore anthems played during the day.... W. Houston, TKA, amber, rockell, etc...... They need more freestyle and to play better mixes of the songs... Sobeton the thunderpuss is much better then guido mix, they should play thunderpuss... I'm glad they dropped keep control but come on play the new Vasquez mix instead, but none the less you won't hear this quality of commerical tracks in nyc... here is what they are playing in nyc:

http://www.ktu.com/on/playlist.php?mode=view&tile=1&id=8761793

and yes lay off the power bashing... first rule in sales, don't bash the competition cause there is always a bash lash... let your product speak for its self and the live broad casts are ok, but come on get the nyc and nj jocks in on it.... you would appeal to a greater audience then just south fl.......

i agree with everyones comments, on the subject. but believe it or not, the station actually has two nights worth listening to.

saturday's there gonna start broadcasting live out of Space...so we could enjoy oscar and roland's sets if we decide to stay home.

on sunday's the "paul oakenfold presents" is a great 2 hour mix show from 10-12 pm, and the one after is even better.

its a 5 hour mix show featuring sets from dj's all over the world.

but the time is horrible, 12-5 am on sunday nite(monday morning)

is just ridiculous. some dj's featured: oscar g., nick warren, tiesto,

timo maas, tarrantela & redanka, saeed & palash, deep dish, D.T,

and many more in the last couple of weeks.

and yes, "i gotta get through this" needs to go :blown: :blown: