Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 5 DJ's - mixing

who do you think the best mixing dj's are...

in no particular order:

dave seaman - layers progressive in a tech-like fashion.. amazing

carl cox - 3 decks and still won't catch a bass clip

hybrid - ok so its more then one dj, but regardless, they go in and out of breaks throughout there entire sets which is very difficult to do

s & d - once again not a single dj, but both have amazing mixing skills

danny howells - man is simply insane... from deep house to breaks to techno he does it all.. and FLAWLESSLY...

i think hard techno djs are the best to hear and listen to mix. IMO, they are the only djs that rampantly cut songs in and out [3mins here, 2 mins there, intro outro], take out basslines mids hi's like crazy, always fuckin with shit, and actually take turntablism to the max.

If you disagree with me check out a night at Baktun for Tronic Sessions and listen to the headliner. He/She will more than likely destroy the club into pieces.

Dylan Drazen is my fav. w/John Selway in close 2nd.

Originally posted by pangelid

i think hard techno djs are the best to hear and listen to mix. IMO, they are the only djs that rampantly cut songs in and out [3mins here, 2 mins there, intro outro], take out basslines mids hi's like crazy, always fuckin with shit, and actually take turntablism to the max.

If you disagree with me check out a night at Baktun for Tronic Sessions and listen to the headliner. He/She will more than likely destroy the club into pieces.

Dylan Drazen is my fav. w/John Selway in close 2nd.

i will try to check that out but i will have to say jungle or dnb dj's mix the best. there is nothing like dieselboy or datcyde or any of them. but i guess you will also really have to enjoy that kind of music.:D

Originally posted by zerokewl

i will try to check that out but i will have to say jungle or dnb dj's mix the best. there is nothing like dieselboy or datcyde or any of them. but i guess you will also really have to enjoy that kind of music.:D

yea i agree.. thats why i threw in hybrid b/c they'll play a lot of breaks and dnb.. but thye'll also throw in some 4/4 as well... thats really what i like best about a dj.. when they can mix it up well so any dj who's kind of pigeonholed to one or 2 genre's won't really make my top list of dj's, even though i may like them a lot... its the guys who mix it up that really get my attention..

Guest saleen351

I never heard anyone mix like Rivera, his set was flawless........ best I've ever seen............

Originally posted by zerokewl

ahhhh, i didnt even think to mention jungle. yeah, they are also masters of the decks too, but they don't rip into the lows mids and highs like techno dj's do. I met Datcyde a few years back, but aside from him, haven't been up to speed with all the new jungle cats.

in my own opinion & personally seeing these guys in action i would have to add_____ to the list >>>

LTJ bukem the man is the smoothest on the tables & has the great production work to back him up. i thoroughly enjoyed every set of his i have ever seen!!!

Darren emerson no explanation needed

erick morillo this man is the ruler of all house!!

DT no explanation needed.. AGAIN

mark farina smoothest mixing w/ the west coast house feelinG!!! catch him out if you can it will change your whole aspect on house music