Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 5/24 (tnb!!!)

weyes

this one is very near and dear to my heart and i hope it can help someone the way it's helped me.

i got the name of this way of life from a friend of mine - well, i'm not even friends with the guy, but he was cool enough to drill this one into me when i was blinded by the charms of someone who was mistreating me. it's simply called, "TAKE NO BULLSHIT!!!" and it's not 'nuff said; i have to explain further.

there's so much in life that we're dealt that we cannot change that just plain sucks. some people have health problems, some people lose close family members, some people's houses burn to the ground. but there are things over which we do have control, and we have to work at making those better as much as we can. key point: if you can keep yourself from feeling shitty, then, do it!!!

i'm not talking about eating right, paying bills on time, or anything like that. today i'm talking about how you handle relationships - with those you love, friends, co-workers, everyone.

i have had too many friends (mostly female) who let people (usually their boyfriends) walk all over them. this has happened since i was in high school till now, 10 years later. i let a guy use me as a doormat once, too, and i knew it at the time, but i took his bullshit because i just wanted to be with someone. but i eventually broke up with him because i couldn't take it anymore. i see how my friends get into this same type of situation, and it crushes not only their hearts, but their spirits. and it brings to mind what the aforementioned not-yet-friend-guy told me.

make that choice! it may take a while to work up the courage to walk away from a relationship (of any sort - quit that job, end that abusive friendship, break up with your significant other), but, when you do, you will have gained not only your self back, but a stronger one, a wiser one, and one who has learned how to be happy - and stay that way in the future.