Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vinyl"s Final 2 Saturdays!?!

Originally posted by cintron

we already lost it guys. we lost it a long time ago :(

time to find a new home.

Eh? Vinyl last night was great! Great crowd -- so many smiling faces. Granted, I wasn't around for the "good old days" (whatever that means) but Vinyl is still my drug of choice.

Quite honestly, I'm not really into the drinking crowd. People who drink -- fine. But in a drinking CROWD, you get all those obnoxious people bumping into you, starting drama, grabbing asses, etc etc. There may be some of that going on now, but it will be 10 times worse if they get a liquor license.

That's what I'm afraid of.

Originally posted by hoke

Eh? Vinyl last night was great! Great crowd -- so many smiling faces. Granted, I wasn't around for the "good old days" (whatever that means) but Vinyl is still my drug of choice.

Quite honestly, I'm not really into the drinking crowd. People who drink -- fine. But in a drinking CROWD, you get all those obnoxious people bumping into you, starting drama, grabbing asses, etc etc. There may be some of that going on now, but it will be 10 times worse if they get a liquor license.

That's what I'm afraid of.

Yeah that's what i'm talking about. Granted, Vinyl is still a good place to be, but it was better before. And i'm sure the original Vinyl-goers from when the party started three years ago will probably attest it was even BETTER then.

I'm not into the drinking crowd either. drinking is only good if you're drunk and/or hanging out with drunk friends.

It's almost always detrimental for other people who don't know you. Drama is right :( Grabbing asses, trying to be a tough guy, starting fights, being an asshole...

just imagine the crowd they have now, but with liquor in their systems :(

Originally posted by cintron

just imagine the crowd they have now, but with liquor in their systems :(

Not only the crowd NOW, but all the people who used to stay away because there was no liquor license... I don't want to see those people. Ever. :(

that's what i'm talking about *nods at hoke n cintron*

now, not everyone who drinks is a bastard, obviously, but i feel the potential for bastardness is higher when one can continuously feed oneself with alcohol rather than just living off the buzz from a couple of hours ago (as some do in vinyl).

Originally posted by wideskies

that's what i'm talking about *nods at hoke n cintron*

now, not everyone who drinks is a bastard, obviously, but i feel the potential for bastardness is higher when one can continuously feed oneself with alcohol rather than just living off the buzz from a couple of hours ago (as some do in vinyl).

exactly....i enjoy to have a few drinnks when i go out

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

Phazon would only be good if they do it properly. Phazon does not equal better if they don't set it up for the size Vinyl is. Look at Shelter. Much too loud.

Supposedly, phazon sets their system up customized to the sound, materials, and shape of every venue it's installed in. Basically, the system is too loud at Shelter, but that's not Phazon's fault, that's Shelter's fault for asking the techs to turn up the volume too high.

well i hope they do get a liquor liscence. all you people are living in the past. so vinyl used to be better. well you know what i liked danny better at the tunnel. how many of you were around for that??? stop your bitchign and make the best of it.

Originally posted by j303j

well i hope they do get a liquor liscence. all you people are living in the past. so vinyl used to be better. well you know what i liked danny better at the tunnel. how many of you were around for that??? stop your bitchign and make the best of it.

Just because it used to be better doesn't mean it can't still get worse.

I enjoy Vinyl the way it is. I'm not complaining at all, because I only went there for the first time ever last August. But I remember going to Centro-Fly for the firemen's benefit -- the crowd SUCKED, and alcohol had a lot to do with it. If Vinyl gets to be that obnoxious, I'll stop going, plain and simple.

I'd rather have a decent DJ with a fantastic crowd, than a "superstar" DJ with a horrible crowd.

My 2 cents.

im sorry but i do like to have a few drinks when i go out. i know there will be assholes but guess what. there are assholes already at vinyl who get wakced out of there mind on drugs. i really hope they do get the liscence.

Originally posted by j303j

im sorry but i do like to have a few drinks when i go out. i know there will be assholes but guess what. there are assholes already at vinyl who get wakced out of there mind on drugs. i really hope they do get the liscence.

zombies != assholes

I think everyone is making way too much of this.

True the factory crowd has absolutely ruined vinyl on Fridays preaching "vinyl is the answer and DT is god next to JP" but this whole renovation isn't gonna really kill the crowd on Saturdays.

Its not gonna be the same. Its not even vinyl anymore. Its not gonna have that feel to it that was so characteristic, which I believe has been wearing away for a while now (actually, since Thanksgiving last year.....the day DT introduced himself to the factory crowd). However, the Saturday party is still going strong and still is my favorite party in the city.

I believe its gonna become more or less like a Shelter now for the week-ends. Nicer inside, great sound, great djs. Thats all. Some other place will take over and become my new home, who knows....it could be ARC. Its just something that always happens, no good spot stays open forever.