Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moving to New Haven CT

Originally posted by JayceeCT

check gotham; it's pretty nice. as for the rest of new haven, it's coming around in terms of nightlife.

jc

Dude,

"COMING AROUND" IS NOT THE WORD. I AM ORIGINALLY FROM THERE AND GO BACK THREE TIMES A YEAR at most.

THERE ARE SPACES BUT ABSOLUTELY NO VARIETY IN TERMS OF MUSIC AND VIBE. RAZOR N GUIDO IS STILL THE PEAK HOUR RECORD. SUPERFICIAL AND TACKY, PEOPLE GET ALL GLAMED AND GET TRASHED FOR THREE HOURS SINCE CLUBS HAVE TO CLOSE AT 1:30 DUE TO LIQUOR LAWS and that's during the weekends. DURING THE WEEK PLACES CLOSE AT 12:30.

:worry2: :worry2: :worry2:

BACK FROM 90 to 95, NEW HAVEN WAS HITTING. ESPECIALLY BAR, DEMERY'S, AND MUNCIPAL CAFE, afterhours it was Hartford but worth the trip. THEN I DON"T WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IT WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE. THERE LITERALLY IS NO SCENE THERE ANYMORE.

:rolleyes:

YOUR BEST BET WITHOUT A DOUBT IS TO HOP ON METRO NORTH WHICH IN WALKING DISTANCE FROM YALE AND HIT MANHATTEN WHEN POSSIBLE.

:letsgo:

THE ALWAYS INFORMATIVE ONE FRTOM THE LEFT,

RALPH :eek:

Originally posted by cakewalk

Dude,

"COMING AROUND" IS NOT THE WORD. I AM ORIGINALLY FROM THERE AND GO BACK THREE TIMES A YEAR at most.

THERE ARE SPACES BUT ABSOLUTELY NO VARIETY IN TERMS OF MUSIC AND VIBE. RAZOR N GUIDO IS STILL THE PEAK HOUR RECORD. SUPERFICIAL AND TACKY, PEOPLE GET ALL GLAMED AND GET TRASHED FOR THREE HOURS SINCE CLUBS HAVE TO CLOSE AT 1:30 DUE TO LIQUOR LAWS and that's during the weekends. DURING THE WEEK PLACES CLOSE AT 12:30.

:worry2: :worry2: :worry2:

BACK FROM 90 to 95, NEW HAVEN WAS HITTING. ESPECIALLY BAR, DEMERY'S, AND MUNCIPAL CAFE, afterhours it was Hartford but worth the trip. THEN I DON"T WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IT WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE. THERE LITERALLY IS NO SCENE THERE ANYMORE.

:rolleyes:

YOUR BEST BET WITHOUT A DOUBT IS TO HOP ON METRO NORTH WHICH IN WALKING DISTANCE FROM YALE AND HIT MANHATTEN WHEN POSSIBLE.

:letsgo:

THE ALWAYS INFORMATIVE ONE FRTOM THE LEFT,

RALPH :eek:

LOL I totally hear what you are saying bro. For the last year and a half I went to the city every weekend because it was so bad here. And not much has changed at all. Hartford totally sucks now, I would rather drive the extra 30 minutes to go to the city for afterhours. Honestly though, Bar on Saturdays has really good hard trance in the back room for the entire night. And no it isnt cheese, the dj in the back room plays an excellent selection of music.

Hey next time you come back to CT let me know, Ill buy you a drink and we can make fun of how cheesey everyone is.

aljedynak: I manage a lounge/club called Indigo, it just recently opened in New Haven. On Saturday night we bring in Djs every week that play Deep House/Tribal and Trance all night. There is no dress code and no attitude. Finding people that like to go out for the music around here has been really hard, but the party has been building very well.

On the other hand New Haven has some really good restaraunts. Drop me an email and Ill send the names, Im to tired to keep typing.

Originally posted by launch

LOL I totally hear what you are saying bro. For the last year and a half I went to the city every weekend because it was so bad here. And not much has changed at all. Hartford totally sucks now, I would rather drive the extra 30 minutes to go to the city for afterhours. Honestly though, Bar on Saturdays has really good hard trance in the back room for the entire night. And no it isnt cheese, the dj in the back room plays an excellent selection of music.

Hey next time you come back to CT let me know, Ill buy you a drink and we can make fun of how cheesey everyone is.

aljedynak: I manage a lounge/club called Indigo, it just recently opened in New Haven. On Saturday night we bring in Djs every week that play Deep House/Tribal and Trance all night. There is no dress code and no attitude. Finding people that like to go out for the music around here has been really hard, but the party has been building very well.

On the other hand New Haven has some really good restaraunts. Drop me an email and Ill send the names, Im to tired to keep typing.

Where is Indigo??? Use to live in CT

I was in New Haven a couple years ago, we went to a club called Liquid , Funkmaster Flex was there.

I was not too crazy about New Haven. I thought it was be a really nice place since Yale is located there, but it turned out to be the total opposite.