Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Surf

Originally posted by laurie619

ARE YOU NUTS. . .its good, and they dont go on for long. . .its nice to hear a little "band music" for a change. . . Whats so wrong with Jimmy Buffett. . .

whoops that must be the prep in me coming out. . .:laugh:

You a prep.....When did this happen?????

I agree, a band once in a while is cool. Fits the setting, then the club music kicks in. Some people just wnat to her the same shit all the time, damn, be opened minded and listen to some other shit, club music isn't all there is. . . :hat:

Alright maybe the band isn't that bad, but when mark is just finishing up his set and the crowd is groovin, and Kirk is all set to go, their is no need for the band to go on at 5:00, esp on sunday!!!!!!

Originally posted by boywonder77

But it was a band playing club music. And not a very good band. Bring back Sahara.

I disagree with the band thing... In my opinion yesterday's band was not what Surf needs on a Sunday afternoon. You must take into consideration that at least 3/4 of the beach at Surf is filled with people who haven't slept since Saturday night (some even Friday) and from the people that I had spoken with (and myself and I had sleep) that band was a total buzzkill. I think a DJ is necessary at all times at surf. I must say, I didn't mind the regae, I don't think anyone would mind a little Bob Marley...but I just didn't think that band had the skills for Surf!

The cover of "Kiss" by Prince had me begging for Marshall Fairbanks...NEED I SAY MORE?

Originally posted by saynotodrama

I disagree with the band thing... In my opinion yesterday's band was not what Surf needs on a Sunday afternoon. You must take into consideration that at least 3/4 of the beach at Surf is filled with people who haven't slept since Saturday night (some even Friday) and from the people that I had spoken with (and myself and I had sleep) that band was a total buzzkill. I think a DJ is necessary at all times at surf. I must say, I didn't mind the regae, I don't think anyone would mind a little Bob Marley...but I just didn't think that band had the skills for Surf!

The cover of "Kiss" by Prince had me begging for Marshall Fairbanks...NEED I SAY MORE?

:jawdrop: COME ON NOW!!

All of you people must be a bunch of 21 year olds. Surf Club has been around for over 50 years. Bands have always been at Surf Club and they will always continue to. Joey Harrison's Surf Club didn't just get its name from DJ's comin there and rippin the roof off the place. If you didn't realize there are also some people there that are old enough to be you parents. The Surf Club will always be known as a place for all ages and all different kinds of music lovin people to come to enjoy. Lets keep it that way!

Originally posted by anxiety

All of you people must be a bunch of 21 year olds. Surf Club has been around for over 50 years. Bands have always been at Surf Club and they will always continue to. Joey Harrison's Surf Club didn't just get its name from DJ's comin there and rippin the roof off the place. If you didn't realize there are also some people there that are old enough to be you parents. The Surf Club will always be known as a place for all ages and all different kinds of music lovin people to come to enjoy. Lets keep it that way!

FIRST OF ALL, I KNOW WHAT THE SURF CLUB IS ABOUT, I'VE SPENT MOST OF MY LIFE THERE, SECOND I DON'T MIND BANDS, BUT THIS ONE SUCKED!! AND IT ALSO RUINED A GOOD VIBE.

MARSHAL? :woah2: