Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what is "supper club"?

1) supper club in NYC: cool-as-hell venue for swing dancing and big band-style music. attracts performers like big bad voodoo daddy, etc. they offer lessons for $5 for the dancing-ly uninclined, but i think the money is more appropriately spent on a martini which makes you just as good a dancer...

2) supper club in amsterdam: cool-as-hell venue i have yet to check out - the idea is that its a resturant with a dj (the hed kandi people spin there) and super-trendy lounge with beds in it. mischa (dafunkadelic) can enlighten you more on that one.

peaz,

rob

Thank you Rob,

it's true, when I walked thru the streets of Manhattan, coming from Oklahoma (please don't go for that show), I saw a lot of people queue up somewhere near the theatre. It just made my day when I looked up and saw the word Supperclub. I had to blink my eye a couple of times in order to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

If it's anything close to Supperclub Amsterdam, you're in for a stylish night and losing some money.

I still have to do some research about that club so I'm writing you just from what I've seen.

Just the basic fact that there where a lot of posh looking people outside, made me smile.. If the supperclub (Amsterdam Style) will hit the mainland of the U.S.A., that would just make New York perfect for me.

For all you people that love that little bit of extra please feel free to visit this site www.supperclub.nl You'll get an idea of our lounge scene..

funky vibes from the netherlands,

haha yeah i was warned about oklahoma. my mom is a theater director in montreal so she sees every show in ny to see if she can bring shows there. both her and my brother were bored stiff so they left after the first act. my favorite show (besides rent, of course) is copenhagen, though it helps if you have an appreciation for particle physics to enjoy that one.

i bet if we had a lounge like supper club in nyc, it would get infested by yuppies within the first 2 weeks it opened and that would make it boring, regardless of how cool the setup is. yuppies tend to swarm like locusts around these types of things... its funny that they're still around in this wintery economic climate....

peaz,

rob

Supprclub NYC's on the top of my list when I return to the city that never sleeps. See you in september!! Here are just two pics from the Supperclub in Amsterdam. You can see the owners guarding one of my fav. Dutch "celebs". She stands 6'2 tall and I see her at almost every hot-spot in The Netherlands.

Hope all of you are doing fine, I know I am ;)

attachment.php?postid=860032

attachment.php?postid=860057