Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i hate SUV drivers!!!

weyes

ok, it's a generalization, but i just mean that i hate most of them. :frust:

these are the people who don't stop at stop signs, who pass on the right, and who park in the compact parking spaces because they're closer to any given store/whatever - thereby taking up 2 of them. these are the tailgaters, the people who can't stay in their lane, the ones who cut others off. what is up with these people? is anyone with me, here?

i'm wit' ya....i hate how people drive here in DC...not only the SUV's, I mean I can understand in a big city where there is just too much traffic and you need to drive a bit more aggressivly (which does not mean driving bad), but in the DC area its just terrible. Switching lanes with no turn signal, parking on the street and taking up 1 lane of a 2 lane street, oh and not to mention old folks with huge cars driving at 35mph on the friggin' beltway :mad: :mad:

and you would guess that the SUV people would try to drive better since most of the time they have kids or pets in the car..but nooooooo....:mad: :mad: ..I'm PMS

yeah! i talk about that "old people driving" thing almost daily. there are a lot of old people around where i work, and they're mostly a menace on the road. i think that they should be retested every couple of years, and their licenses should be revoked if they don't pass. an old woman drove over a median in my work's parking lot once, and didn't even notice. another woman crunched into a column while she was parking so badly that a strip of her car fell off. she decided to pull out and find a different space, but hadn't noticed that she'd lost a piece of her car until i chased after her big ol' caddy, waving it in my hand.

lived in Tampa for almost 4 years, damn if there werent alot of old people there. St Petersburg/Clearwater is the worse, your coming of the causway that connects Tampa to St. Pete driving at 70 and all of the sudden you get Cadillacs going at what seem like 10mph. Right turn signal on, and they turn left...its kinda funny when you see that some of them can barely see over the stearing wheel when they drive. :mad:

I had the same notions about the elderly behind the wheel and the DMV's supposed laissez-faire attitude till I took my uncle to renew his license. He is 76 and I guess afetr age seventy they have to take a written and eye test every single year, and a driving test every other year! The clerk said that most of the bad elderly drivers don't have a license, and usually no insurance either. So don't let the expensive cadillac fool you...

Oh, and I have an old SUV but I only take up one space and I always signal when changing lanes; I do have to agree that it seems like the moms driving the towering Ford Enormous with kids in tow are the least considerate drivers...