Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 6/7

weyes

Originally posted by vicman

and you know what they say that in time of need is when you discover who your true friends are. :)

and, i suppose this may be another topic, but friends' support is much different from that of one's families, in that it's not as easy to come by (usually). friends tend to really be looking out for you, and not have ulterior motives like protecting their reputations getting in the way of their decisions to lend their backing.

yeah, i feel like now growing up, i tend to rely more on freinds. not that i dont love my family, but with freinds I can identify better, because in many cases they are going through, or have gone through some stuff that I'm going through.

and your friends really do know you best (in my opinion). your family may know who you used to be, but your friends are the ones with whom you now spend time, and the ones who do what you want to do - which is what has become who you are - with you.

whew - i had to say that one over again in my head to make sure it could be followed :D !

a while back were talking aboput living with the parents at this age over on the DC board, how it is totally OK with some, and how some of us feel that there is no way we could live back in the family home with the parents again. its not because we dont want to be with them, but i think that in some weird subconscious way, we tend to act and behave differently when were spending time with the parents.

Yeah- it's kind of hard to come home to Mom & Dads house at 8am after being out all night w/ that glazed cracked-out look in your eyes, while your clothes are drenched in sweat from dancing all night! Not to mention how do you explain then crawling into bed and sleeping for 36 hours?????

:blown:

not only that, but when i was in undergrad and had a gf, even though my parents lived in another city, they would still come and spend most of the weekends with us (me and my brother) i totally felt weird as hell coming back home after a night out with my girl..well ex-girl

Originally posted by joeygk

Yeah- it's kind of hard to come home to Mom & Dads house at 8am after being out all night w/ that glazed cracked-out look in your eyes, while your clothes are drenched in sweat from dancing all night! Not to mention how do you explain then crawling into bed and sleeping for 36 hours?????

my best was last thanksgiving:

i went to see tenaglia at his night before turkey day gig in nyc (my hometown), at which turkey was to be served at noon. my friend and i tried our best to make it till then, but could only last till 11:40 - so close!!! but you know how it is, when you have to leave :( . i had to be at my dad's for thanksgiving at 3, so i went directly there by subway. i guess i got there around 1-ish, with my 8-year-old sister excited to see me and wanting to show me her new toys and whatnot, but i just had to take a little naperoo, then a shower, and knew i'd be fine. i think that nap was the most well-spent sleep i've ever had in my life.

but then i was directly shipped upstate with my other side of the family for another t-day the next day. i stayed up all the way till about 2am (not the next day - that same day i was shipped); by 2, i was crying hysterically, having been reduced to a puddle of emotional mush.

the fam had a lot to do with it, though :hang: ; i've stayed up as long and been fine!

a freind that used to go to school at NYU once told she had to meet her mom for a late breakfast/early lunch one morning after going out to Twilo. she didnt plan to roll, but eventually got talked into doing so and got pretty plastered, but still managed to leave around 8, head to her dorm, shower and make it to b'fast with her mom. when she got therem she was still semi-rolling and did the very best of stuffing her mouth with food so it didnt look like she was pretty f'ed up from the previous night out.