Clubplanet Nightlife Community

electronica lovers' LEAST favorite kind of music?

weyes

i guess i'm taking a poll, but without the multiple choices and whatnot, 'cause there are just way too many genres of music.

well, here's the deal, really. there are so many people out there who'll answer "everything," when you ask them what kinds of music they like. but then, when you ask them to get more specific, it turns out that they really only like four kinds or so. they were lying, because they don't love the theme to "super mario brothers" as much as i do ;) .

but i do like a whole lot of different kinds of music, basically the only two that i can't stand being classical, and jungle. and it's for the same reason that i don't like them: they make me agitated and i short-circuit. :bits:

but when i do talk to people in our circles (trance, house, blahblahblah), they freak out when i say i like country. that seems to be the evil one. i see some real potential in sampling patsy cline... people are so limited... but why do clubbers all hate country so much, and is that the only genre y'all hate? or is there something else equally horrid or worse, perhaps?

I like all kinds of music, regardless. Music feeds the soul, and if it's got rhythm, harmony or a good beat, it sounds nice 2 me :D

But if i DID have to pick one, it would be Country. To me, it all sounds the same, and all the songs are either about girls, heartbreak, or :blah:

Plus, the screechiness, the twanginess, and Billy Ray Cyrus all turn me off :yuck:

i hate dnb.

i can take a certain amount of deep house until ibecome bored with it.

jungle i can take to some degree.

i dont like country that much, but growing up i've had to endure it alot.

i hate tex-mex.

i hate rancheras.

i like classical, especially when i need to study or read stuff, but not to dance to.

i hate salsa and i hate merengue.

i hate metal.

i hate twinkies that have almost no filling on the inside.

:mad:

I was a big Metallica fan and listened to nothing but metal, but grew up listening to my parents play Hawaiian music, Opera, Classical and even Bluegrass. Then, I worked summers painting houses, and my boss listened to only jazz: Miles Davis, Stan Getz, Dave Brubeck, Jobim, etc, so I grew to like it. Then, I dated this girl who was into country: The Mavericks, Dwight Yoakum, Lyle Lovett. Moved to Spain, listened to Flamenco, worldbeat. Swept away by a girl who would slowly undress me to old-school Motown: Otis Redding, Nina Simone, Etta James.

I LOVE music. I can appreciate any music that comes from the soul, that is sprung forth by passion. I HATE music that is product, put out there to fulfill a contract or because that is what the polls and demographics say we want.

In the end, it's the soundtrack to life, as cliche as that sounds, and a song will capture you and take you back to that first kiss, that terrible heartbreak, that dusty roadtrip, and yes, that first euphoric rush of being somehow connected to everyone on the dancefloor...

I DON'T NECESSARILY "HATE" THIS MUSIC I JUST CAN'T STAND IT WITH A PASSION:

Gangster Rap

Punk

Techno -- and I don't mean "trance" or "electronica;" I mean the hard banging, monotonous, I've-got-a-headache-with-techno-written-all-over-it kind.

CAN LIVE W/O:

Bubble-Gum Pop-Music -- unless it's got a good beat; in which case, I try to ignore the lyrics, and hope and pray a good dj revamps the entire song by creating an awsome remix from it.

Chinese Pop Music -- it's a childhood thing. Unless you have a Chinese mother who used to -- thank God -- listen to this kind of music then forget you read this and move on to the next item.

Cheesey Love Songs -- the kind they try to sell you during late-night infomercials; usually consisting a cheesey (hence "Cheesey Love Songs"), flashback-from-the-80's looking couple (male usually sports a mullet or big curly hair, tropical shirt; female -- also w/ big hair -- most likely wearing a bad designer dress; and, for some unGodly reason, wearing white pumps) strolling hand-in-hand along a sunset beach.