Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Live and Date in New York

I guess the show is acurate if you're a 40 year old self made woman with a cool apartment in the city and a bunch of single friends your age- being obsessive- compulsive about men and looking for MARRIAGE because the clock is ticking.

I think the show would be totally different if they had 21-year olds, struggling through college and living around Fulton Street, Brooklyn, fucking around at Spa or Exit, Getting drunk only during happy hour, and getting frisky inside train cars in the middle of the night, because a cab ride out of Manhattan is out of our budget....to live adn date in NY is MUCH more Exciting than what these old hags have to offer. And it's NOT HARD to meet people here!

-iliana

:)

Originally posted by iliana

I guess the show is acurate if you're a 40 year old self made woman with a cool apartment in the city and a bunch of single friends your age- being obsessive- compulsive about men and looking for MARRIAGE because the clock is ticking.

I think the show would be totally different if they had 21-year olds, struggling through college and living around Fulton Street, Brooklyn, fucking around at Spa or Exit, Getting drunk only during happy hour, and getting frisky inside train cars in the middle of the night, because a cab ride out of Manhattan is out of our budget....to live adn date in NY is MUCH more Exciting than what these old hags have to offer. And it's NOT HARD to meet people here!

-iliana

:)

Well put.

Im just re-entering the dating scene, and that show is more for laughs than anything else :rolleyes:

Im getting sick of all these dating show on t.v. They're so annoying and cheesy. The people are so fake, and most of the time they don't work (for ratings, and to make people feel better about their relationships.

I like to meet people in the not-so-ordinary of places, such as supermarkets, music shops and simply on the street! We'll see......

Originally posted by tastyt

Finding someone to date and fool around with is easy... it's when you start looking for a relationship with substance that problems arise.

Yeah, that seems to be a common opinion. :(

Actually, just finding a *person* with subtance, much less a *relationship*, is not the easiest thing in the world.

Originally posted by tastyt

Finding someone to date and fool around with is easy... it's when you start looking for a relationship with substance that problems arise.

100% true. It's easy to meet people to fuck around with, but it's tough to find someone for more than just sex or dinner one night.

Originally posted by iliana

Well put...

Did you see that one group of 4 chicks who thought they were from Sex in the City? Going out to the Hamptons and stuff.

I did like the one with that Gigi Stone girl from NY1....she is *CUTE*. And the guy she was dating was a club promoter (with a yellow t-shirt on a date...classy!)

And it only gets harder as you progess into your late 20s. It seems that most of the good ones are already taken (though i am lucky to have a good one) and the ones not taken are either career-obsessed, psychotic, or plain old busted...and in your 30s you're swimming in divorcee territory...

just adding my 2¢ :D

i absolutely love that show b/c i just enjoy that particular scene of nyc- the glamour and sucess financially of the people portayed on that show is something i definitely aspire to- but i think that the self images that these people, especially the woman on this show have of themselves and where they should be in their lives, with a few excpetions, is comletely warped. take that guy spoon. he cracks me up b/c i think if he knew what an ass he looks like on tv hed change his ways a little bit. i could go on and on b/c this is one of my fave shows- but atfer all i think were all gonna need our few cents if we cactually wanna enjoy this scene in any way.

nikki