Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My opininion of the demise of Fridays....

sgtfury

Ok, there are some fridays here in Miami that do OK...but as a whole, the entire friday night club attendance in miami has been decreasing for about a year. It has been decreasing no matter what musical format has been brought in. One factor that everybody forgot to mention is the economy...since 9/11 folks just aint got the cash to go out in a friday/sat. combo...another factor is that i think people are just burned out...a year and a half ago...the friday and saturday attendance for every club was much more than it is now...

I think Space is example of what im talking about....11/2 years ago Space was packed to the rafters on friday and saturday...fridays went down and it seems no matter what musical format they try...the people are not coming out like they used to...(with exception of superstar guest DJs) Club Space will pack them in for the guest DJs...but fridays are difficult and regular saturdays have not been what they used to be either...

Good point. I have to agree. I tried doing my Electric Friday parties with Jimmy T. and Ruben S. back in Feb. and Mar. this year and we didn't get off the ground. The reason I did Electric Friday was because there was nothing going on on Friday's, even today. Granted you do have your headliners come by and pack it for a night but overall, in my eyez there is no steady Friday night going cept for Spin with Bellini. Itz the real world out there and people aren't going out like they used to. :cool: