Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wouldnt it be nice to have a DOOR POLICY AT Vinyl/ARC

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, anyone should be allowed to enter Vinyl no matter who they are or what they look like. I love the music --- but I can't sit here and say I never popped a pill or did a bump at Vinyl. Does that mean I dont belong there even though I dance there every weekend until the needle comes up on that last record?

Theres no way you can pick and choose. Obviously, its much more than the drugs or the appearances and thats why people fill the tiny venue, we ll know and love, up every single weekend. They have to love the music to go there. Why else would they pay admission to a club? Sure, there's people doing drugs but how many are amongst us here? How many if us here wear designer labels? Are you trying to say that cuz I have a D&G t-shirt, I shouldn't be allowed despite my regular attendance?

Thats just bullshit! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by misskittie

How many if us here wear designer labels? Are you trying to say that cuz I have a D&G t-shirt, I shouldn't be allowed despite my regular attendance?

i think they are referring to people that are walking advertisements (big-ass logos and the like)

its still fucked up though.

In my opinion, anyone should be allowed to enter Vinyl no matter who they are or what they look like. I love the music --- but I can't sit here and say I never popped a pill or did a bump at Vinyl. Does that mean I dont belong there even though I dance there every weekend until the needle comes up on that last record?

Theres no way you can pick and choose. Obviously, its much more than the drugs or the appearances and thats why people fill the tiny venue, we ll know and love, up every single weekend. They have to love the music to go there. Why else would they pay admission to a club? Sure, there's people doing drugs but how many are amongst us here? How many if us here wear designer labels? Are you trying to say that cuz I have a D&G t-shirt, I shouldn't be allowed despite my regular attendance?

. . . you're missing the point darlin. . . YOU understand that there's a reason that Vinyl is as cool as it is: The vibe. YOU understand that one goes to a place like Vinyl to integrate with the vibe that it projects naturally . . . What most of the people on this board who talk smack about label-whores are really irked about, is the fact that most people who label whore to an excessive extent try to change the party to THEIR vibe . . . Instead of walking through the door and trying to "be themselves" they attempt to make everyone be like them . . .

. . .ya dig? . . . :aright: . ..

Henceforth, Vinyl will be officially off-limits to anybody wearing any form of recognizable label. A combination of low bodyfat and large muscles and/or firm breasts is strictly forbidden. Tans, died hair, exposed navels, and shiny shirts are absolutely not allowed. People found sitting, standing still or dancing off-beat will have their photographs taken and will be banned for life. If your dancing does not consume the energy equivalent of at least 0.492 Red Bulls/hour, you are not welcome in our club! Keep your negativity out -- we don't need you or your money!

so trueee. This thread has already been played out over and over people move on.. Who cares what people are wearing. Why are you people even looking at people and judging them? i think some of you need to refer back to Danny T's post from the other day. get over it

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . you're missing the point darlin. . . YOU understand that there's a reason that Vinyl is as cool as it is: The vibe. YOU understand that one goes to a place like Vinyl to integrate with the vibe that it projects naturally . . . What most of the people on this board who talk smack about label-whores are really irked about, is the fact that most people who label whore to an excessive extent try to change the party to THEIR vibe . . . Instead of walking through the door and trying to "be themselves" they attempt to make everyone be like them . . .

. . .ya dig? . . . :aright: . ..

i think your very wrong. i think everyone that posts on this board would only appreciate a crowd that looks exactly like them, talks exactly like them and walks exactly like them. then may be they wouldn't complain. But that is a little far fetched ya think? everyones different who really cares what people are wearing??For people that claim that you shouldn't wear this and i don't like the people that wear that and the people that wear this are the ones that "ruin" the vibe, you sure do care alot about what people are wearing LOL..

Originally posted by girly

i think your very wrong. i think everyone that posts on this board would only appreciate a crowd that looks exactly like them, talks exactly like them and walks exactly like them. then may be they wouldn't complain. But that is a little far fetched ya think? everyones different who really cares what people are wearing??For people that claim that you shouldn't wear this and i don't like the people that wear that and the people that wear this are the ones that "ruin" the vibe, you sure do care alot about what people are wearing LOL..

You don't know Danny personally I take it.

Originally posted by bustaknut2001

You don't know Danny personally I take it.

no i don't. But I did see him hanging in SF 2 weeks ago.:D why would you like to tell me something i don't understand your point. thanks

no i don't. But I did see him hanging in SF 2 weeks ago.:D why would you like to tell, me something i don't understand your point. thanks

He admittedly didn't like the crowd as of late himself, but that doesn't stop him from enjoying himself. He's married to the music.

He admittedly didn't like the crowd as of late himself, but that doesn't stop him from enjoying himself. He's married to the music.

i find that funny, being that hes in SF many of Saturdays wth the crowd that dresses up in labels and the one that Cp users in this thread claim ruin the vibe. I find his fans more snobbish about this kind of stuff then he probably is.

i find that funny, being that hes in SF many of Saturdays wth the crowd that dresses up in labels and the one that Cp users in this thread claim ruin the vibe. I find his fans more snobbish about this kind of stuff then he probably is.

Well, don't believe it.

His original party-goers are in denial when they say change is good. They're just trying to compensate for their frustrations and going to other clubs!

Well, don't believe it.

His original party-goers are in denial when they say change is good. They're just trying to compensate for their frustrations and going to other clubs!

oh so your the spokesmen for the majority and DT I see. Cool.. :D

Plain and simple, I like Vinyl just how it is. But I have no problem with people who enjoy the music coming in. Im sorry, but a bunch of "label-whores" will never be able to take that party over. Im sorry, but I just dont see Danny allowing that anyway.

And who cares either way?! People come out to dance. People come out to become one with the others. People go to Vinyl because they are "hearing" about the VIBE. Let them come in. I dont see them changing for it the worse. Half them cats leave for Factory early anyway - lol

Thats just bullshit!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by sfqtipie

Thats just bullshit!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You already posted this.

Originally posted by perns2002

I think with the whole "FAKE" look comes this holyier than now attitude also.

The "Be Yourselfers" are less high on there bridge.............

I disagree... in fact, I've heard a lot more judgement coming from the Be Yourselfers than from the supposed "guidos". The "guido" (please note quotes) crowd seems to pretty much go about its business... they may judge us behind their backs, I don't know, but they're less public about it, it seems to me.

The fact is, no amount of complaining's going to change the crowd at Vinyl... people should just go where they're comfortable and leave it at that. If Vinyl changes into no longer being that place, well... something else will come up. Not right away, maybe, but as long as there's a sufficient demand, somebody will provide for it.

My 2 cents, as always.

Originally posted by sfqtipie

I didnt post it, I applauded it:stupid:

ha ha thanks honey~ :)

Now can we finally let this great debacle finally be put to bed? I mean ca'mon people. Its a friggin club. People come. People go.

Vinyl dont care who is in there. They wanna make money. And I dont give a rat's ass who is in there as long as the music keeps me movin.

case closed.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong;) , But along with the "be yourself" theme at Vinyl i think that anyone who goes there should not be judged by what they are wearing. I mean who really gives a shit when we are *ALL* there enjoying ourselves, the music and eachother. Some of the people on here i feel are bringing the negative vibe they post about other people bringing by posting about nonsense like this. GO there and enjoy the music and the party. i have been in Vinyl a couple times with some of you and i didn't see anyone that was wearing "labels", guidos, juiceheads,fake tan, fake boobed bitches or whatever else you have to say about anyone ruining your time or the vibe.