Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 6/14

weyes

don't try to interpret other peoples' silences; it only leads to anxiety, sadness, and anger. it's virtually impossible to know why people haven't called you back, answered an e-mail, asked you for a second interview for a job, etc. maybe they're too busy, maybe they do hate you after all :tongue: , or, hey, maybe they're in love with you and can't stand to hear your melodious voice. did you ever think of the third choice ;) ? basically, the point of this post is, second-guessing does ya no good, so try not to do it.

tune in tomorrow.

It made me think of how Western society is so fearful of silence when it is truly necessary to an inner life...

"We in the "developed" world seem to have many auditory strategies that insulate us from the presence of silence, simplicity, and solitude. When I return to Western culture after time in desert, mountain or forest, I discover how we have filled our world with a multiplicity of noises, a symphony of forgetfulness that keeps our won thoughts and realizations, feelings and intuitions out of audible range." --Joan Halifax The Fruitful Darkness)

you know its so weird. i'm a virgo, august virgo, sometimes we just want to be by ourselves, silent, say nothing to no one, but i never really understood why this was the way i was. growing up family, friends, etc, always used to question me why i was so serious and silent, but through time ive met other people that are just like me. never really understood why they just couldnt understand that those moments of silence that i had, is simply the way i am.

Originally posted by sebastianxy

It made me think of how Western society is so fearful of silence when it is truly necessary to an inner life...

"We in the "developed" world seem to have many auditory strategies that insulate us from the presence of silence, simplicity, and solitude. When I return to Western culture after time in desert, mountain or forest, I discover how we have filled our world with a multiplicity of noises, a symphony of forgetfulness that keeps our won thoughts and realizations, feelings and intuitions out of audible range." --Joan Halifax The Fruitful Darkness)

i guess i'll be talking in circles on this one; i was feeling pretty sad tonight, and i wanted my usual time to myself on the way home, on the freeway - that's where i get it.

my car radio is broken, so i get my silence on my drive home every night. there's never any traffic when i go home, so it's 65mph whooshing. but sometimes i need to sing. sometimes it is to fill the silence, to keep me from thinking about things too much, but sometimes it's 'cause i'm feeling a certain way and want to sing about it, or just that i want to sing. but i couldn't go home my usual route tonight and had to drive down crowded streets, stopping at lights, listening to other people and their loud car radios. and i really don't feel free to sing all that loud when i'm stopped at traffic lights with my windows rolled down.

and i got home feeling that i missed out on both my silent time and my release time, although they can both be releases, in different ways.

wooo - time for me to go to bed. almost three and i'm not able to explain anything very clearly anymore... g'night.

Originally posted by vicman

you know its so weird. i'm a virgo, august virgo, sometimes we just want to be by ourselves, silent, say nothing to no one, but i never really understood why this was the way i was. growing up family, friends, etc, always used to question me why i was so serious and silent, but through time ive met other people that are just like me. never really understood why they just couldnt understand that those moments of silence that i had, is simply the way i am.

I had no idea the reason you are so serious and silent was b/c you're a Virgo. I have always just assumed it was b/c you smoke too much crack and are always on the verge of blacking out! Well, you learn something new everyday! ;):D