Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd (6/15 - giant - grand avenue) review

weyes

well, i went into the evening prepared for a shitty time, so i wasn't pissed off when bullshit was going down. the whole situation was guaranteed to be somewhat disastrous, or, at the very least, disappointing, it was only a question of how much.

there was a long-ass line when i got there. the gig started at 3, i got there @ 3:15 (would've gotten there earlier, if i hadn't been waiting for people i was to meet to call me back.). i waited on the back of that line for a bit and saw paul on his way into the back of the club close-up! then it occurred to me that my friends may have gotten there already, and i looked further up the line. i met up with them there.

the big bullshit about which people were complaining at that point was that the presale people (like me) had to wait in one line to get their tickets, then wait in another to get in. yeah, shitty, but things were already at a ridiculous point when the night hadn't even started, so i just found myself laughing. and i was singing to myself, "...the words escape me, it's so real. but you're lovely, in the best way..."

got in 10 minutes before pvd went on, at his promised time of 4:30. i went to the front for a little and took some pics, then decided i was getting way too hot for someone not dancing, and went back a ways to dance. i couldn't take the heat for long, though, and went outside, which was where i spent most of the rest of the evening, i think, but it was bright when i got out, so it couldn't've been that soon after pvd went on... it gets a little hazy. i hear, from my friend, however, that he played exactly three hours :no: .

anycrap, i sat down next to a turkish couple who were a delight (i crack myself up) and chatted with them till two new zealand guys sat in front of us. then we all talked, and we five were connecting back and forth all night. except that i was with one of the nzguys, whose name was tim :love: , all night. he was so cute, but even better, such a sweetheart. and we got close on the dancefloor... he pecked me on the neck really quickly, wish it had been more than that, just thought things were going to be so sweet all night that i guess i took it for granted :( . i would say we kissed later, but really what happened was that he wanted to try my gum :worry: . yeah, i was saying that i'd been chewing the same piece all night and that it still didn't taste bad; he then said, "let's see" and moved in. but either he really wanted my gum - and wasn't just trying to kiss me - or he was a really bad kisser, so i slid over my gum. "you're right," he said, "it doesn't taste bad." and he passed it back. then we went on talking like before.

at around 9 they wanted to go to another afterhours place. the turks followed us in their car, i went with the nzguys in theirs, leaving my car at pvd's joint. my guys started munching like there was no tomorrow (i think 3 or 4 each in a 4-hour span or so!!!), but they seemed really fucking "with-it". i, on the other hand, had started acting what felt like pretty-cracked-out, and tim seemed to be distancing himself from me. but everything was weird by that point - the afterhours place only had about 30 people left, all sketchy, the music was horrible, and it was 11:15. my men decided to leave and drive me back :( . tim and i exchanged #s, but i left with the feeling that he didn't like me that much anymore. the thing i'm telling myself to make myself feel better is that, maybe, he was just really fucked up and spaced out, with is altogether quite possible. so, i drove home, with that coy look of his in my mind, and his yummy accent, singing, "so lovely, in the best way..."

VERY LONG STORY SHORT, bullshit event made good by the attendees; i can always make a bad night great by just going outside and talking to characters i meet :D . the club - giant - is gonna catch major hell for this one. at present, their board is conveniently down...

no shit, that was long post :D

well a somehwat shity night because the club fucked up with the set up of the event, but the "gum exchange" story with the nz guy is interesting. :love:

kinda sucks that pvd played for exactly 3 hours :no: but oh well, you are correct that one always meets intersting people at these parties :aright: