Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help me please

I need some help -- I've been out of the scene for a while now cuz I've been living in asia. I got back to this country this year and wanted to hit the clubs again expecting things to be like the old days -- no hassles from security, chill beats, cool people and easy access to chemicals. What the fuck happened?!?!?!? I went to shelter and webster hall and both were fukin WHACK! At shelter, security took my stash at the door and when i got inside it seemed like there was more sucurity in the place than customers. And the people were lame as fuck. Posers, old folks and guidos. So I said said fuck it and headed to webster hall. What the fuck is up with that place? Bunch of no shirt wearing muscle head fuck wads. No chemicals to be had and, overall, a rather unpleasant night. Maybe I'm too old now - but what happened to the days of Caffiene on L.I. or Bug in the bowery or the E-force at Limelight???? Someone please help me. I need chill beats and strong chemicals!!!

Hey people

i didn't mean to come across like the only thing i was interested in was drugs - what i am interested in is finding a chill spot with cool beats and low security with chill people to hang with.

Originally posted by goojang

Hey people

i didn't mean to come across like the only thing i was interested in was drugs - what i am interested in is finding a chill spot with cool beats and low security with chill people to hang with.

Coming from supperclub like experiences, I also look forward to such a place in NYC. Mmmm, seems like I need to do some more homework.

oooh and indeed ouch....how f ckin righteous you all are...

ok, i appreciate the good in a lot of genres of music ....and there are some genres of music i really love...and like when i went to see sven vath, i'll dance 6 hours straight...straight.

but as phuturephunk mentioned in a thread not too long ago sometimes a night out is about getting wasted, or making a good night better (i am not talking about sitting mong in a corner i'm talking about lasting dancing till 10 the next morning)...if you only want to listen to quality music buy the perfect stereo and sit at home...

i like quality music...

sometimes i like illegal drugs...

sometimes i like legal drugs....

do you drink when you go ut?? do you have red bull??

and wanting reduced security isn't just a issue about drugs, its a whole issue about atmosphere, and the attitude of the club to its clubbers....

damn i haven't put very well what i'm trying to express...maybe if the clubs' atmosphere and quality of music have degenerated to such an extent, these people returning may feel even more of a need for drugs to make a good night ....

ok rant ends let the drama continue

:rolleyes:;)

Someone please help me. I need chill beats and strong chemicals!!!

While I agree that many people use drugs to enhance an already good night out, this kind of statement scares me. The impression I got from the initial post is that unless drugs are very easy to come by and security turns a blind eye, it's just not worth it.

I think that's unfortunate, that's all... <shrug>

To psychojo -

yes yes yes - that's what i'm talking about.

the vibe that i'm looking to recapture was so chill and so positive and i just want to get to a place like that again. chemicals are merely an enhancement to a night's pleasure. the people and the music are the core cuz they create the vibe. i'm talking about a place where u can enjoy the atmosphere and the music without the hassle of the gestapo. a place where u can do your own thing no matter what that may be and it's accepted because everybody's cool. i'm i just dreaming? does a place like this still exist? this is what i want to know. i need some info, not a sermon.

so thank you psychojo for being an open minded individual

To psychojo -

the vibe that i'm looking to recapture was so chill and so positive and i just want to get to a place like that again. chemicals are merely an enhancement to a night's pleasure. the people and the music are the core cuz they create the vibe. i'm talking about a place where u can enjoy the atmosphere and the music without the hassle of the gestapo. a place where u can do your own thing no matter what that may be and it's accepted because everybody's cool. i'm i just dreaming? does a place like this still exist? this is what i want to know. i need some info, not a sermon.

Unfortunately, no matter how open-minded you are (and I'm probably far more open-minded than you think), the drugs you're talking about are illegal and NYC has been hit hard in that area. Why do you think the clubs you were talking about are dead? I don't know of any places where security will ignore the drugs "because everybody's cool"... clubs in this city are walking on very thin ice and they do what they feel they need to in order to stay in business.

dude

i'm not just talking about drugs - i'm talking about the whole package

Dude... no offense, but your first post put some hardcore emphasis on "strong chemicals".

But that's besides the point... the gestapo are there because of the drugs... that influences the vibe... less positive, plus less drugs available = not the scene that you're looking for.

And just to make this clear: I don't have anything against drugs, and I don't judge people who take them... you can ask anybody here on the boards who knows me. I do have a problem with people who can't relax and have a good time at all without their drug of choice... which is seriously how your first post came across.

Cool?

:aright:

To psychojo -

Sorry man... that which you are searching for exists in memory alone...