Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Techno Techno & more Techno THursday night

D3 takes it to the TECHNO level with its second TECHNO INSTALLMENT Version II.

Details and flyer:

Thursday June 20, 2002

10-12 ANTHONY VELARDE

Wicked Liquid

12-2 POIZON IVY

Where House Massive

2-4 MONRO SECOR

Damage Records, Urban Ethics

Your resident

DJ DIVINE

Divine Force, D3

Leopard Lounge

85 2nd Ave corner of 5th St.

2nd Level

9pm-4am

21+

No Cover

i don't understand you americans.....when you say techno do you mean techno (like beyer, mills, hawtin, sims etc) or do you mean 'wank generic dance music'??

i have heard all types of music called techno that i would never have put in that category.....sorry to come across as a genre snob...i like lots of different music types....the classification issue is geting me though cos i don't know your local djs...and techno is my favourite thing......

so final question is what domestic djs do you recommend, and are there any techno nights fri or sat....works sucks but a girls got to eat....

:D

this thursday will actually be techno ala beyer,sims,mills...etc etc.

Monday nights at baktun you can find beyer,hawtin,sims..etc etc.

-z

Originally posted by psychojo

i don't understand you americans.....when you say techno do you mean techno (like beyer, mills, hawtin, sims etc) or do you mean 'wank generic dance music'??

i have heard all types of music called techno that i would never have put in that category.....sorry to come across as a genre snob...i like lots of different music types....the classification issue is geting me though cos i don't know your local djs...and techno is my favourite thing......

so final question is what domestic djs do you recommend, and are there any techno nights fri or sat....works sucks but a girls got to eat....

tronic is definitely the best representation of world-class techno talent in nyc.. and maybe even all of the U.S. in terms of bringin in foreign talent. Techno is not showcased enough in the states!!

tronic sometimes does weekend parties at centro-fly (they used to do them at limelight) There is a boat party this sunday with Stacey Pullen, Angel Alanis, and Roy the Roach. The last one rocked, so Im sure this one will too! check www.tronictreatment.com

tronic treatment does look cool!!as does this thursday event....damnit need a weekend night...

but tempting this thursday as may be staying up late to watch the footie anyway...

thanks for feedback sleepiswaste! ;)

anytime. =)

there is more techno during the week then weekends unfortunately.

-z

I have to agree with you on this one. I hear lots of people refering to techno when its not. This party is definately TECHNO and not wank generic dance music. The D3 party has always been about bringing in the best of the local NYC underground DJ's.

There are plenty of spots to hear the big boys/girls. Show your support theres NO COVER. ANthony Velarde has been spinning a few years now and is definately a great DJ to start the event off with. Poizon Ivy is very hard and will bang shit out. Monro Secor blew the roof off last time he spun. He kept the crowd there till the very end. They didnt want to get off the dance.

Now that you know alittle more about the party and the DJ's, I hope you will make it out.

Peace

Mark Divine