Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 6/18

weyes

it's another one of those that they told us all back when we were wee ones: little lies just turn into big tangled webs, and you will almost always get caught eventually. :nono: steer clear of the lying, even for other people!

A few weeks ago, me n my girl were entering a park, and there were park rangers there stopping everyone who entered the park, asking for ID

In the blink of an eye, i blurted out that i live in that town, even though i don't. My girl showed her ID ,. and they let us through.

But right afterwards, she got SO UPSET that i told a little white lie, and she didn't talk to me for a week!

I just spoke to her last night, and we cleared things up, but she was afraid that that "whiite lie" might be an indication of more to come :worry:

What do you guys think':?/

you mean, they didn't ask you for ID because you lied and said that you lived in town, whereas they required ID from her because she said she didn't? am i getting that right?

well, i think that not talking to you for a week is a little excessive. if she had a problem with your behavior and, definitely, if she thought she had a problem with you, she should've talked to you about it right away. even though the lie wasn't about anything important, she probably just found it jarring that you could tell a lie so easily; i don't think she took it to mean that you were likely to be a frequent liar.

Originally posted by weyes

you mean, they didn't ask you for ID because you lied and said that you lived in town, whereas they required ID from her because she said she didn't? am i getting that right?

well, i think that not talking to you for a week is a little excessive. if she had a problem with your behavior and, definitely, if she thought she had a problem with you, she should've talked to you about it right away. even though the lie wasn't about anything important, she probably just found it jarring that you could tell a lie so easily; i don't think she took it to mean that you were likely to be a frequent liar.

The last sentence is what i think happened. She was surprised that i said that so quickly. But that's because when it comes to the Po-Po, im always ready for whatever trickery might enter the picture.

She actually called me the other night, and said she exxagerrated, but hopes that i don't lie anymore. Like, she thought it might be an indication of future lies to come. But i told her it won't, a white lie isn't intended to harm anyone.

I think vicman will agree with me here :D

But we'll see. Im gonna take it slow with her, and not get hung up on this.

Thanks ;)

Originally posted by vicman

i dunno...why do they refer to some people that work "white collar" and others "blue collar"?

did Arthur C. Clarke do a show on this?

"white collar" refers to businessmen and such - lawyers, accountants, etc. - people who wear dress shirts that have white collars. blue collar are the tougher jobs where the guys used to wear blue shirts as uniforms (though they're now different colors) - factory, construction, mechanic.

this is a little antiquated now, since people who work "white collar" jobs can wear shirts of lots of colors. but i know you've seen those incredibly heinous blue shirts that have a white collar; they're trying to maintain the "white collar" status.

Originally posted by weyes

this is a little antiquated now, since people who work "white collar" jobs can wear shirts of lots of colors. but i know you've seen those incredibly heinous blue shirts that have a white collar; they're trying to maintain the "white collar" status.

the ones they use with the "power suits"

GIT-GEO-W-T.jpg

thyre kinda yucky :yuck: and they come in different colors and designs..ughh...

Originally posted by vicman

the ones they use with the "power suits"

GIT-GEO-W-T.jpg

thyre kinda yucky :yuck: and they come in different colors and designs..ughh...

:laugh: those are they!!!

totally ridiculous, and all about pride, really. although i bet a lot of their wearers don't even think about it enough to know what it means :blank: .