Clubplanet Nightlife Community

elephants & donkeys

y'all know those sculptures the city put up? btw, i think most of them are wayyyyyyy tacky

anyway apparently they're being vandalized wayyyy more than the city thought they'd be

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14118-2002Jun19.html

i coulda predicted that

i mean they're so ... tacky!!! i mean, it's nice that the city wanted to do something like that, but i certainly hope it wasnt our tax dollars at work

Originally posted by MadamMillie

y'all know those sculptures the city put up? btw, i think most of them are wayyyyyyy tacky

anyway apparently they're being vandalized wayyyy more than the city thought they'd be

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14118-2002Jun19.html

i coulda predicted that

i mean they're so ... tacky!!! i mean, it's nice that the city wanted to do something like that, but i certainly hope it wasnt our tax dollars at work

I like them, so shut the fuck up. :D

There's this one elephant in opera gear near dupont that I particularly like. I might have to steal him.

I doubt they were paid for by the city. When Chicago did their Cows on Parade (or was it the Walk of Cows? Can't remember the exact name), each cow was sponsored by different companies and artists. So I would assume the cows and donkeys are the same.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I like them, so shut the fuck up. :D

There's this one elephant in opera gear near dupont that I particularly like. I might have to steal him.

I doubt they were paid for by the city. When Chicago did their Cows on Parade (or was it the Walk of Cows? Can't remember the exact name), each cow was sponsored by different companies and artists. So I would assume the cows and donkeys are the same.

course U'd like 'em

:rolleyes:

u talking about the near the dupont north metro escalators? it got sprayed w/ an anarchist A a few weeks back:D

now u're into cows and donkeys, as well as goats? wow shady u take all kinds huh:D

Originally posted by MadamMillie

course U'd like 'em

:rolleyes:

u talking about the near the dupont north metro escalators? it got sprayed w/ an anarchist A a few weeks back:D

now u're into cows and donkeys, as well as goats? wow shady u take all kinds huh:D

I'm an equal opportunity employer. :rolleyes:

I just think they're cute. They make me laugh everytime I pass one of them.

theyre so fuckin' tacky, couldnt they come up with something more original?

elephants=republicans

donkeys=democrats

i mean, i know its dc, but c'mon, they could have dome someting better, or come up with something more original.

Originally posted by vicman

theyre so fuckin' tacky, couldnt they come up with something more original?

elephants=republicans

donkeys=democrats

i mean, i know its dc, but c'mon, they could have dome someting better, or come up with something more original.

It's not about being original. In Chicago, they had cows. Cows=midwest. In DC, they have elephants & donkeys. That=politics. In New York, they have bums on the street. In Miami, they have silicon. In LA, they have smog. It's all about representing the city.

geez - i knew it wouldn't be long before someone started spray painting those animals!

there is a cherry blossom elephant that I think is really cool - I can't remember where I saw it. I want to say it was on 11th St somewhere but I'm not sure.

There is a really ugly donkey near the CPK on 18th St. Its green with pink flowers. Ewwww!

The metro elephant near Farragut North is pretty cool looking too.

It's not about being original. In Chicago, they had cows. Cows=midwest. In DC, they have elephants & donkeys. That=politics. In New York, they have bums on the street. In Miami, they have silicon. In LA, they have smog. It's all about representing the city.

maybe they should sprayed the bums in dc. theyre still tacky, i wonder how much the city paid for them.

why are they referring to these animals as if they were real?

"both D.C. artists, spent a week with their animals at the hospital, nursing them back to health. Prima Donkey was admitted about a week later, and three other animals --"

Guest jroo
Originally posted by ellywelly

why are they referring to these animals as if they were real?

"both D.C. artists, spent a week with their animals at the hospital, nursing them back to health. Prima Donkey was admitted about a week later, and three other animals --"

because artists are gay.

I like them, but i tend to like tackiness. They brighten up the city a bit, i think, and maybe add a little sense of humor to things. In Providence, RI last year, they had potatoes for some reason. I have no idea what that was supposed to say about Providence.

Originally posted by dragongrrrl

I like them, but i tend to like tackiness. They brighten up the city a bit, i think, and maybe add a little sense of humor to things. In providence, RI last year, they had potatoes for some reason. I have no idea what that was supposed to say about Providence.

Everyone knows Providence is the Couch Potato Capital of the world.

Originally posted by vicman

maybe it has to do with the clam chowder

Mmmmmmm... Clam chowder.... I remember this restaurant in the Marriot in Nashua, NH. They had the best clam chowder. They served it in a round loaf of sourdough bread. After you were done with the soup, you could eat the bread which would be drenched all the way to the crust.

Mmmmmmm... Clam chowder.... I remember this restaurant in the Marriot in Nashua, NH. They had the best clam chowder. They served it in a round loaf of sourdough bread. After you were done with the soup, you could eat the bread which would be drenched all the way to the crust.

BREAD BOWLS, oops sorry caps lock, they're called bread bowls

and u can get them in a # of places, not just NH:rolleyes:

Thats how most New England states serve the chowder, it's called a bread bowl. Don't ask me why but for lunch I had clam chowder, calamari and a few too many drinks. I havening a tough time putting together sentences, I knew it was a bad idea, but I do feel GREAT!!:beer::drool: