Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roland & Oscar G live broadcast every Sat. @ 93.1 site

biznation00

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

NOT A SMART IDEA.... SORRY OSCAR YOUR UNRELEASED TRACK WILL BE ONLINE BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON...... BUT HEY THATS GOOD FOR US.............

Man, I don't know....I've had mixed feelings on this since I first heard the broadcast last Sat. I mean yeah...it totally promotes Space and gives the great djs exposure, but I just wonder how it will work out in the long run u know??? I don't know if it's just being selfish and wanting to keep what's going on inside of Space just there...inside...but I just worry that "our music" will go from people who appreciate it to those people who just see it as another excuse to pop a pill. Ok ok, granted...tons of people in there already do that anyways, but do we really need more to do so?? Also, I wonder how many people will listen to the radio and say "hey lets go there!" vs how many people will say "why go and spend $20 when I can listen to it at home." I guess only time will tell what will happen with all of this, but hopefully everything will work out to benefit the djs, the club and the clubbers 4 the best =o)

P.S: All I can say is that boy am I happy that "sunrise sessions" isn't on air:tongue:

I think this is a great opportunity for our DJs to be known around the world & not just here in Miami. 93.1's site offers the broadcast live via their web site. So basically it is heard around the world by anyone having access to the internet.

I have mixed emotions about the station. However, a few of the positives they offer are some of their broadcasts. Whether it be live from Space or the Markus Shlutz sunday night broadcast featuring guests like Timo Maas, Oakenfold, etc.

It's not really meant to get you to come to Space at the point of hearing it. It is a form of advertising, and our getting our music out there. Then again so are flyers. Like you said- realistically, how many people will get out of bed, get dressed and drive over to Space upon hearing the broadcast. That's not really the whole point. You have 2 of Miami's more serious & humble DJ's in Oscar G & Roland Spinning throughout the broadcast. Which means they provide you with quality tunes & play beyond the artsy-fartsy stuff.

I don't think we should keep "electronic" music from the people, especially here in Miami. We are beginning to grow and have come a long way. I myself have, & it would be nice if others acquire the same knowledge and liking. I don't think it makes you "cool" to know about Space & its music. Music is music & clubs are clubs. If we don't start building on this scene, its just gonna fade away. Just like any other chapter in the Miami club scene. It shouldn't be a trend to play house music at some clubs, it should be an norm. With that in mind, if today & tomorrow's audience isn't exposed to what is quality "electronic" music, then 5-10 years from now, the trends will become Madonna & Jay-Z all over again. I've realized it's not about keeping it a secret, its about educating the masses. & with the loyal fan base we have as a city, we'll need alot of luck!!

Why go to Space and pay $20, when I can listen to it at home?? Well, at home your missing out on the biggest factors. The crowd, vibe & energy. Unless of course, you toggle the lights, buy a smoke machine & invite a few hundred peepz. Don't forget the Bar...extensive liquor for over 14 hours...;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

I think this is a great opportunity for our DJs to be known around the world & not just here in Miami. 93.1's site offers the broadcast live via their web site. So basically it is heard around the world by anyone having access to the internet.

I have mixed emotions about the station. However, a few of the positives they offer are some of their broadcasts. Whether it be live from Space or the Markus Shlutz sunday night broadcast featuring guests like Timo Maas, Oakenfold, etc.

It's not really meant to get you to come to Space at the point of hearing it. It is a form of advertising, and our getting our music out there. Then again so are flyers. Like you said- realistically, how many people will get out of bed, get dressed and drive over to Space upon hearing the broadcast. That's not really the whole point. You have 2 of Miami's more serious & humble DJ's in Oscar G & Roland Spinning throughout the broadcast. Which means they provide you with quality tunes & play beyond the artsy-fartsy stuff.

I don't think we should keep "electronic" music from the people, especially here in Miami. We are beginning to grow and have come a long way. I myself have, & it would be nice if others acquire the same knowledge and liking. I don't think it makes you "cool" to know about Space & its music. Music is music & clubs are clubs. If we don't start building on this scene, its just gonna fade away. Just like any other chapter in the Miami club scene. It shouldn't be a trend to play house music at some clubs, it should be an norm. With that in mind, if today & tomorrow's audience isn't exposed to what is quality "electronic" music, then 5-10 years from now, the trends will become Madonna & Jay-Z all over again. I've realized it's not about keeping it a secret, its about educating the masses. & with the loyal fan base we have as a city, we'll need alot of luck!!

Why go to Space and pay $20, when I can listen to it at home?? Well, at home your missing out on the biggest factors. The crowd, vibe & energy. Unless of course, you toggle the lights, buy a smoke machine & invite a few hundred peepz. Don't forget the Bar...extensive liquor for over 14 hours...;)

factory, temps, exit, vinyl etc, never have live broadcasts, maybee once a year like temps on the july 4th but thats it.... when there is a live broadcast dj's play different and it takes away from the people who paid to get in.... therefore no saleen!!!! If space wants to be the factory or temps, or vinyl or just the premeire club of the southeast get this commercial crap out of it..... space should not need gimmicks or sign shitty deals just for money.... should be all about the music , but apparently not....

my point is: space keep it real.....

Originally posted by sunnyhost

Man, I don't know....I've had mixed feelings on this since I first heard the broadcast last Sat. I mean yeah...it totally promotes Space and gives the great djs exposure, but I just wonder how it will work out in the long run u know??? I don't know if it's just being selfish and wanting to keep what's going on inside of Space just there...inside...but I just worry that "our music" will go from people who appreciate it to those people who just see it as another excuse to pop a pill. Ok ok, granted...tons of people in there already do that anyways, but do we really need more to do so?? Also, I wonder how many people will listen to the radio and say "hey lets go there!" vs how many people will say "why go and spend $20 when I can listen to it at home." I guess only time will tell what will happen with all of this, but hopefully everything will work out to benefit the djs, the club and the clubbers 4 the best =o)

I completely agree with sunny....those that are true lovers of the music and don’t need to drop a pill in order to go out, pride themselves on not being part of the pop, teeny bopper culture of most cheesy radio stations. This scene (as many others) began underground and I personally would love it stay out of the mainstream to avoid it becoming completely commercialized.

On the flipside, in Europe and other countries, they have radio broadcasts of both known and unknown DJ’s and have managed to keep the scene's integrity. I hope that we can follow their lead and not let the integrity of the scene go...

93.1's site offers the broadcast live via their web site. So basically it is heard around the world by anyone having access to the internet

I totally agree with u that Roland and Oscar deserve the exposure...but do we actually know how many people around the world access lil' ol' Miami's 93.1 via the internet?? Do they hook up with other radio stations to reach a wider listening audience 4 broadcasts like this so that people around the world know its going on? Hopefully it does get out there for our DJ's sake bc they really r great and have the class act to make it huge!

Hey whats wrong with Madonna and Jay-z?!? lol:tongue: U haven't heard the club remix of "you must be my luuucky staaar"?!? Nah, jk...lol. I agree with you that people should be educated on music and exposed 2 it. Maybe that way they won't think of it as "tiki tiki" music. However, why can't we start educating them during the day/evening at normal hours w/"quality" music vs the "anthemed-out artsy fartsy stuff"? Granted, you need to start somewhere, but I just wonder if people who aren't educated and have no clue and don't like Space or clubs like it are really going to tune in at 12 am. IT's their loss IMO if they choose to not tune in...but unfortunately, that's just how the cookie crumbles at times =o/

Unless of course, you toggle the lights

lololol....boooooy....u didn't know that those peeps have The Clapper?!??!:laugh:

i have to go with saleen on this one....Space doesnt need to be doing this, i believe its all about the music too...Party 93.1 has already stated that the music is for those who "occasionally" go out, not the die hard clubbers...but yet, they want to live transmission from Space?? i dont get it...Miami radio, will kill this music here and then we will have no haven for good music...i am all for bringing a new audience to this kind of music...but do it the way i did it and most of us did it....go out to a club and sit there and listen to it...not on the radio....but as we all know, "Money talks and Bullshit walks"...just my .02 cents worth:rolleyes:

ps

Sunnyhost made me post!!!:tongue:

Originally posted by sunnyhost

Sit there?!?!? Buddy...get up and DANCE!

depending on ur nota - - will determine if u need to sit down for a while...and whats the deal with all this get up and dance crap?? what are u doing tonight?? staying home i bet....:eek:;)

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

depending on ur nota - - will determine if u need to sit down for a while...and whats the deal with all this get up and dance crap?? what are u doing tonight?? staying home i bet....:eek:;)

Oh thats right...bc I stay home oh so often right?!? lol....just bc I may not go 2 Crobar doesn't mean I'm stayin' home kiddo...oh I'm sorry...cabeza de pene:rolleyes: :tongue:

factory, temps, exit, vinyl etc, never have live broadcasts, maybee once a year like temps on the july 4th but thats it.... when there is a live broadcast dj's play different and it takes away from the people who paid to get in.... therefore no saleen!!!! If space wants to be the factory or temps, or vinyl or just the premeire club of the southeast get this commercial crap out of it..... space should not need gimmicks or sign shitty deals just for money.... should be all about the music , but apparently not....

Saleen -- Space Dj's don't change their style due to the broadcast. 93.1 doesn't call the shots at Space Louis Puig does. & I think most of you know how Louis runs his clubs.

The only thing Space dj's can't do on the air is throw in curse words. So I guess Oscar won't be playin' "Dirty Bitch" from 2-4am. They have the freedom to do what they please behind the decks. 93.1 doesn't get involved in what they should or shouldn't play. I wouldn't jump to conclusions if I were any of you, as most of you are known to doing. You aren't there to witness it first hand, every saturday beginning @ Midnight till thensome...

Space hasn't changed or sold anyone out. Space evolves carefully for your enjoyment. It has been doing it for almost 3 years. Now tell, me Saleen, what do u find "unreal" about your few visits to Space?? Why do u look at it as a gimmick?? Space has done fine throughout its history and we haven't lost a step. We've been pulling in over 3,000 + every average saturday and nothing's changed. Give me an example about space not being all about the music?? I know Roland & Oscar are all about that, just check their resumes or read up on them before you make an assumption, or maybe try meeting them. Bottom line is we still keep our focus and it's always been about the music...

Sunny host-- About using the broadcast to educate people... The broadcast isn't entirely for that purpose. It's just an opening to expose the audience and of course as I said before a form of advertisement (just like passing out flyers, but these flyers go a long way). There are many ways to educate & thats one of them. We can't limit ourselves to just one method. The more the better, and that's "one" method. You might have people in broward who don't come this far that wanna tune in, or you might have a kid who doesn't get the every weekend opportunity to experience Space & is a fan of the music. Then you have the average person, on the drive home from a movie @ 12am who tunes in and possibly ends up bobbing his/her head and starts to wonder. We know the broadcast isn't going to reach out all over the world, it just so happens that 93.1 has a site that links the world to the broadcast and I'm exposing it. We don't expect 100 people in NY to be listening. Or 50 from Chicago. Chances are noone in those cities will. But hey, if 1 person that has never heard of Space clicks on that link and like what they hear, we're happy...

I completely agree with sunny....those that are true lovers of the music and don’t need to drop a pill in order to go out, pride themselves on not being part of the pop, teeny bopper culture of most cheesy radio stations. This scene (as many others) began underground and I personally would love it stay out of the mainstream to avoid it becoming completely commercialized.

On the flipside, in Europe and other countries, they have radio broadcasts of both known and unknown DJ’s and have managed to keep the scene's integrity. I hope that we can follow their lead and not let the integrity of the scene go...

Take Europe for example.. You say that they keep the integrity and so on.. Well as with anything-- if something is done with heart and full effort, it comes out right to those who feel the same & appreciate it. Yeah, you might have some imitators, as there are imitator djs and imitator clubs all around world. But only the strong & true survive. In regards to our broadcast, we do what we've been doing for years. Just stop and ask Roly or Oscar one day, if his vision differs during the broadcast hours. They still take the crowd where ever it is they wanna take em and stay true to there style. Yeah, its a priveledge to be on the radio, but they are so caught up with their music at the time, they don't stop to realize it...

The broadcast has been going for about a month now & nothing has changed at Space. The music remains the same. Don't get me wrong, I had mixed emotions about it, just like many of you. But after getting different point of views from the guys who provide the music themselves, I put my positives together with theirs and came up with this...

Ps. who listens to the broadcast anyways?? I know all my friends do when they aren't able to make it over if they happen to be near by a radio...;)

i have to go with saleen on this one....Space doesnt need to be doing this, i believe its all about the music too...Party 93.1 has already stated that the music is for those who "occasionally" go out, not the die hard clubbers...but yet, they want to live transmission from Space?? i dont get it...Miami radio, will kill this music here and then we will have no haven for good music...i am all for bringing a new audience to this kind of music...but do it the way i did it and most of us did it....go out to a club and sit there and listen to it...not on the radio....but as we all know, "Money talks and Bullshit walks"...just my .02 cents worth

Jesse-- My point of this all is to state that the broadcast at Space doesn't change Space or our Dj's music @ all. Has it?? I mean, I know some of our friends that have tuned in and every night I receive text messages with compliments to Roly & Oscar.

You say Die hard Clubbers?? like that group is a special secret society or something..lol I don't know of any special clubbers or promoters, etc. I guess u mean die hard clubbers are the type to go out every week. Well, to some thats there thing and others not. Is that supposed to make you "cool"?? Some of us are a bit confused on what being "cool" is. I know you're not that type, and I know you mean no harm with your reply. But others seem to think that because they get into places for free & they know so & so that makes them a part of the "clubbing elite"... Well I guess I'm one big f'ing Nerd for not placing myself in that group.

Yeah, money does talk... But guess what, We pay 93.1 the big $$ to broadcast for us. So you tell me how we benefit from them in terms of making $$ off of them?? We benefit from the advertisement & we play what goes... simple...;)

Originally posted by saleen351

have have you ever heard Oscar broadcast from Space ? it's far from commercial. the club business is all about money; let's not fool ourselves.it's these commercial ventures, that help to pay bills. how many sf cd's are on the market.. do you think SF is not getting paid for that.

anyway we can chat about this tonight at Lawler ... :D

But others seem to think that because they get into places for free & they know so & so that makes them a part of the "clubbing elite"... Well I guess I'm one big f'ing Nerd for not placing myself in that group.

Don't stereotype the clubbing elite as connected people that get into clubs for free!:mad: I don't get into alot of clubs for free but I'm still a member of the clubbingELITE! .

BTW, now that I know your a nerd biz please refrain from socializing with me outside of the board :D

You say Die hard Clubbers?? like that group is a special secret society or something..lol I don't know of any special clubbers or promoters, etc. I guess u mean die hard clubbers are the type to go out every week. Well, to some thats there thing and others not. Is that supposed to make you "cool"?? Some of us are a bit confused on what being "cool" is. I know you're not that type, and I know you mean no harm with your reply. But others seem to think that because they get into places for free & they know so & so that makes them a part of the "clubbing elite"... Well I guess I'm one big f'ing Nerd for not placing myself in that group.

what i mean by die hard clubbers - those that go out and know the music and the djs...i love space, never have i bashed it....think its the best thing in miami...but if party 93.1 doesnt want "cater" to those people's needs, of course i negative (bad public relations)....i am just saying, space doesnt need to be brought down by miami radio (u know what i mean)...and as far as the money for space...go for it, i have no prob. with space making money....

ps

i am not "cool", just play "cool" on tv.....:finger:

forget his unreleased music it sux

i dont even wanna go to space to hear that crap he plays every week why would i listen to a stream of it

and besides for the people who do like it

why the hell would u wanna pay $30 to go to space when u can have a space right there in the comfort of ur own house

thats better then any vip space can give you

not like space puts the vip in the dj booth where u get a good show llol