Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 6/21

weyes

early to bed and an undetermined wake-up time make for a very restful and peaceful sleep. really, going to bed early makes a big difference - we all sleep late when we can, but turning in early brings always me the sweetest dreams and softest slumber :zzz: .

tune in tomorrow.

i need to put curtains in my room, the sunlight wakes me up by 10 at the latest, i always spend my weekends very sleepy :(

people think its weird that i go to sleep by 9:30 on weeknights..actually sunday through thursday, but if i want to wake up by 5:00 its the only way that can happen..although sometimes the bed sheets are to heavy and i lay in bed until 8:45.

I'm totally an old man. I force myself to stay up some nights b/c I feel guilty about going to bed before 10pm. Don't ask why.

I love sleeping - it's the absolute best thing. Has anyone tried 'Melatonin' it's a vitamin/supplement that regulates your sleep cycle --------> best sleep you'll ever have, plus youre never groggy in the morning.

Vic- I'm w/ you on that Sun Bullsh*t. It's the worst when you leave the club and the sun is already out, and you can't even fall asleep b/c your room is too damn bright. Maybe I should get one of those fancy sleep masks? :idea:

i trien melatonin before and didnt really notice much of a difference, while some friens swera by it. same goes with kava, some friends swear by it, although i've never tried it.

i dunno, sometimes even though i sleep 10+ hours on a normal day i wake up still feeling sleepy and tired. worse is when i have meetings and i find myself :zzz: right smack in the middle

Originally posted by joeygk

Vic- I'm w/ you on that Sun Bullsh*t. It's the worst when you leave the club and the sun is already out, and you can't even fall asleep b/c your room is too damn bright. Maybe I should get one of those fancy sleep masks? :idea:

i do hate it when my room is bright; my old bedroom in my last apt. was way too bright. but i refuse to leave the club if it's still dark out - unless it's here in bullshit l.a., where most clubs close at 4. to me, if it's still dark out, the night isn't over and there's more fun to be had. i guess the reverse of it is seeing an afternoon movie and emerging from the theater in the sun; i feel as though i've just wasted a few hours of what would have been a productive day, as opposed to having a fun evening.

some of my best nights out were at twilo (of course who didnt have great time there) and emrging from the place at 10, 12 th efollowing day and grabbing breakfast on the way back home..also helped to come down from the :roll:

ahhh... the first time i went to twilo (one out of twice), i walked back from there to my house in soho (a fer piece) with my friend sondra, who needed the walk to chill out. it was her first time on acid, and she freaked; she hadn't told me that it was her first time. anyway, we bought some blueberries and were eating them one by one, when she asked me to sing joni mitchell's "chelsea morning" - altogether fitting for where we were. we got a bagel from bagels on the square on 6th ave. and bleecker when we got that far and she spent more time trying to understand it than eating it. by the time we got home, the evening was one of those bizarre journeys full of firsts and nonsense, every choice we made seeming somehow like the right one, though, perhaps, there was nothing we could've done wrong.

Originally posted by vicman

i love blueberries..its interesting all the stuff you do when your in rare form..i have a tendency to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk about random stuff until i pass out

i hear and hear and hear and hear and hear and hear you on that :D . i get hella chatty. but i also listen till the sun comes home. damn, those conversations are sometimes the best; you know - nonstop banter when you are with the right person or just hit a groove with someone new by chance :aright: .