Clubplanet Nightlife Community

giving/getting fake numbers - not cool!!!

weyes

i think i may have been fake numbered, you guys :( ; it's hella embarrassing, but i'm admitting it here on cp 'cause y'all is my fam and whatnot and you know the scum out there and

don't tell me you've done it.

now, there have been guys who've asked me for my number who i've not wanted to go out with. and it's hard to say, "gee, buddy, you're obnoxious/stupid/ugly/whathaveyou and i would never go out with you, even if you paid all of my student loans and got me the career of my dreams," right to his face. and i am not perfect, and i have faults, like everyone else, but one thing i am not, is a liar. i'm not making any promises or saying that i will say yes if he will call me and ask for a date, but i will not give him a fake number, because that is patronizing, disrespectful, and hurtful, and, as we've discussed in a previous wisdom column, lies always come back to you. this town, this clubtown, usa, whichever one you're in, is too small for you to not eventually run into this person again. and when you do, you will be exposed for the asshole and coward you are for giving out fake numbers.

now, people to whom i have given my number have called me and asked me out, and i've said no, for the good reasons that i've had. and they were all true and valid. it was not necessary for me to embarrass these men in public or be mean, and, over the phone, it was all very nice and not a big deal. and who's to say that they were actually gonna call, anyway? maybe it was all gonna be a big deal over nothing.

the last person to whom i gave my number that i didn't really want to see again ended up being my boyfriend for four months. life's a gamble, people; you can't win if you don't put down the winning numbers.

i can see more why someone would be inclined to give out a fake number if the person whos asking for it is kinda sketchy. lots of weird people out there, its rude i know, but i would totally understand if one just wants to get out of the sitaution theyre in and leave, especially if its compromising.

i dunno, i think that one should use theyre own judgement depending on the person or situation at hand, but i agree that you cant win if you dont play..or..you dont know what can happen if you dont try..or..something like that