Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The 1ST Anniversary of MERGE.........Thank You!!!!

Guys alls i can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH! This past saturday at Merge had to be one of , if not thee, best nights i have ever had in a club. (bartending or even just hanging out.) I cant even explain to you how increadible the vibe was. Everywhere i looked all i saw was smiling faces, people huging, and dancing EVERYWHERE!It was really special. And THE METRO LOUNGE FAMILY WAS IN FULL EFFECT! All the right people in the right place at the right time..............equals a great night! Hope everyone that was on my CP list got in at the door ok, i know the door was crazy, but i did not hear about any problems reguarding the list. Thanks to everyone once again.We have some great events coming up incluuding 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND (open wed -sun) and our 2nd ANNUAL WHITE PARTY COMING SOON! And also look out for RICHIE RYDELL BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION which i "heard" we might be giving away LIVE RECORDING of the anniversary party!Thanks to everyone from the board for a great night.

ps .............To Richie Rydell............increadible night!!!!!!As usual!

And yes................the performance was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! I think most of the shows we see are kind of lame sometimes, this was not., great show , great vocal (yes REAL vocals).

I should not bother with adressing saleens statment in this "happy " post of mine, but real quick. The performance was not fake. I made the mistake of asking them when the limo got there, that people were saying it was not the real lasgo.THEY LAUGHED IN MY FACE. And i have to say , i was pretty embaressed.Saleen if they were someone else, then we , along with exit and the other place in LI , got a really, really ,really ,really , really really good one . Seems like some of the "haters" were trying to spread "Rumors" that our show was cancelled( i really wish those stpid games would stop, those stupid "rumors" APPARENTLY did not effect our night, THEY (the haters) wind up looking like lyers). Alls we know, we paid a TON of money for this show, so did exit and another club in long island ,as i have been told,and we were real happy with the performance. All the metro regulars know the meaning of that song and what happens evey time richie plays it. We were trying to book this show for a long time. Seems like someone wasnt to happy with us getting it...........to bad.

And as far as who sings the song, who produces the song, and who performs the song, they are usualey different people (as you said saleen). So saleen, i dont know who produced it or any of that stuff, what i do know is we paid alot of money , and got a great show that our customers LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(And we plan on bringing them in to metro in the fall also)Maybe we should make you our entertainment lawyer. ..........do me a favor and find out why on the LOUIE DEVITO cd, the BRYAN ADAMS remake "HEAVEN" that we all hear on the radio is by , DJ SAMMY (that is also the version they play on z100) and the one that is performing in ALL THE CLUBS (and that we , once again paid alot of money for ) is by EYRA GAIL , which ktu 103.5 plays the EYRA GAIL version of HEAVEN. 2 different performers, SAME SONG. If you are gonna try to "inform" people at least show the the whole picture. Stop trying to hold us down, i think people are on to the haters game. By the way saleen, i am sure you will be happy to hear, MERGE was PACKED to the walls this weekend,no one can argue that, and i heard the other clubs did pretty good also.BE HAPPY SALEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop hatin'.

Thanks for the hook up at the door!!! That was only the second time I have been there. Thank god I tried again!!! I had an absolute blast there with my friends, dancing our asses off on that damn block!!!!

Sorry we didn't get to meet! Thanks again!!!

George,

I can't believe what I'm about to say to you but........You scare me sometimes.....Shit....my crew of 9 was totally wasted......YOU ARE THE MAN....Merge was awsome.....I might see you saturday....and please let me know when you are gonna stop by my place for a BBQ....they are quite legendary......Ask Sandman, Lock, and all others who were fortunate to experience the cooking of UNCLEBUC.

Thanks again,

Buck

George thank you for a great night as usual you guys are really the best. I have never been to another place with such customer care, and that not only comes from me that is from my friends that dont even know you guys. One of the guys thought you were so cool he was tipping you without ordering drinks ( he had quite a few) so once again Thank you.

Richie RYDELL, un fucking beleivable. You are amazing!!!!!!!

Kosta P

The whistler

Guest saleen351

BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE CAN SIMPLY GO ASK EDDIE BAEZ ABOUT IT........ HE WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH, ON TOP OF THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WEEK MERGE DID NOT ADVERTISE ON KTU ALSO THEIR PROMOTION MATERIAL, SAID " A PERFORMANCE OF LASGOS TRACK" NOT "LASGO PERFORMING THEIR TRACK..." I GOT IN TOUCH WITH THE RECORD COMPANY AND PLACE EMAILS TO THE REAL LASGO WHO WERE IN AUSTRAILIA NOT MERGE................. YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING BULLSHIT ARTIST............ EXIT KNEW THEY WERE FAKE AND PROMOTED IT AS BEING LAZGO............. THE FEMALE THAT DID THE VOCALS WAS NOT HER........ WHERE ARE THE PICS... I'M GONNA RIDE YOU TILL MERGE GETS SUES UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU LIED TO US!!!!!!!! YOU DID 600 PEOPLE THAT NIGHT, SEE EVEN IN FLORIDA I KNOW MY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS THAT FRIDAY YOU DID 11 PEOPLE.................. THE OTHER BOYS ON THE BLOCK KNOW IT WAS FAKE BUT DIDN'T WANT TO SINK TO MERGES LEVEL........

THIS IS AN EMAIL I GOT FROM SOMEONE WHOS WORKS AT THE RECORD COMPANY:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: hey

yeah being lied to is just unacceptable...

ppl see a performance and they want to see the real thing. this is exactly why many times "dance music" is not taken seriously.

just because some big party promoter wants to make more money or something and add more acts to the bill, they put a fake group together and say it's the real group. no one can tell the difference because no one has ever seen what they look like before. so for the ppl throwing the party, unfortunately, ignorance is bliss.

it does suck.

well i do know lasgo is supposedly coming to the states in august, so if you see anything going on around then with their name on it, it should be the real deal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON TOP OF THAT YOU PAID $8,000 FOR THEM, A FAKE GROUP AND ITS FUNNY HOW YOU COVERED YOUR ASS IN THE LAST HALF OF YOUR POST... ME AND YOU KNOW THE REAL DEAL, WHERE ARE THE PICS? ARE YOU TELLING ME NOT ONE PERSON TOOK A PICTURE...... BULLSHIT.... MERGE IS GOING DOWN FOR THIS ONE...

Originally posted by saleen351

BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE CAN SIMPLY GO ASK EDDIE BAEZ ABOUT IT........ HE WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH, ON TOP OF THAT THIS IS THE ONLY WEEK MERGE DID NOT ADVERTISE ON KTU ALSO THEIR PROMOTION MATERIAL, SAID " A PERFORMANCE OF LASGOS TRACK" NOT "LASGO PERFORMING THEIR TRACK..." I GOT IN TOUCH WITH THE RECORD COMPANY AND PLACE EMAILS TO THE REAL LASGO WHO WERE IN AUSTRAILIA NOT MERGE................. YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING BULLSHIT ARTIST............ EXIT KNEW THEY WERE FAKE AND PROMOTED IT AS BEING LAZGO............. THE FEMALE THAT DID THE VOCALS WAS NOT HER........ WHERE ARE THE PICS... I'M GONNA RIDE YOU TILL MERGE GETS SUES UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU LIED TO US!!!!!!!! YOU DID 600 PEOPLE THAT NIGHT, SEE EVEN IN FLORIDA I KNOW MY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS THAT FRIDAY YOU DID 11 PEOPLE.................. THE OTHER BOYS ON THE BLOCK KNOW IT WAS FAKE BUT DIDN'T WANT TO SINK TO MERGES LEVEL........

THIS IS AN EMAIL I GOT FROM SOMEONE WHOS WORKS AT THE RECORD COMPANY:

Re: hey

yeah being lied to is just unacceptable...

ppl see a performance and they want to see the real thing. this is exactly why many times "dance music" is not taken seriously.

just because some big party promoter wants to make more money or something and add more acts to the bill, they put a fake group together and say it's the real group. no one can tell the difference because no one has ever seen what they look like before. so for the ppl throwing the party, unfortunately, ignorance is bliss.

it does suck.

well i do know lasgo is supposedly coming to the states in august, so if you see anything going on around then with their name on it, it should be the real deal.

ON TOP OF THAT YOU PAID $8,000 FOR THEM, A FAKE GROUP AND ITS FUNNY HOW YOU COVERED YOUR ASS IN THE LAST HALF OF YOUR POST... ME AND YOU KNOW THE REAL DEAL, WHERE ARE THE PICS? ARE YOU TELLING ME NOT ONE PERSON TOOK A PICTURE...... BULLSHIT.... MERGE IS GOING DOWN FOR THIS ONE...

YOU ARE SO FUCKING ANNOYING READ MY OTHER POST PLEASE. I EVEN CHECKED IT OUT!!!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Where the hell did you come up with that number? 600 people? Are you fucking kidding me. There was a hell alot of people there than 600.

thats all it was according to my guy... but to be honest in our conversation i kinda lost track what night he said...

thats all it was according to my guy... but to be honest in our conversation i kinda lost track what night he said...

Well I walked in at 1115 and the place was packed wall to wall. It just shows you that your guy is full of shit and dont know jack shit. End of story.

Round 1, ding ding.

Next please. ;)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by kostaP

YOU ARE SO FUCKING ANNOYING READ MY OTHER POST PLEASE. I EVEN CHECKED IT OUT!!!

First off kosta, who got fired from 3 clubs, its pretty obvious you are either working for merge/metro or trying to get a job,,, what you said is bullshit... i spoke to the guy over at xxxxxx < can't post the name, i'm told i'm not allowed and he told me word for word what i already knew.... It was fake and either they got lied or got duped.... all your technical BS is just that BS!!! You know it and i know it!!!!!!!! They will not be in the states till august...... just like the castles in the sky mess......... you don't belive me look at the time and date on this post.....

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103176

LOOK AT THE MOTHERFUCKING TIME AND DATE ON THE POST, IT WAS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BEFORE MINE...... NOW YOU CALLING HER A LIAR WHO WORKS FOR THE LABEL??????????

YOU SUNK DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL KOSTA, NO WONDER YOU CAN'T KEEP A CLUB OPEN....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by BRIAN1500

Well I walked in at 1115 and the place was packed wall to wall. It just shows you that your guy is full of shit and dont know jack shit. End of story.

Round 1, ding ding.

Next please. ;)

WRONG, I CLEARLY SAID I CAN'T REMEMBER, HE DID TELL ME THOUGH, BUT THERE WERE SO MANY NUMBERS I JUST COULDN'T REMEMBER ALL OF THEM.... MAYBE HE MEANT 600 MORE THEN XS SOMETHING LIKE THAT, CAUSE MERGE DID DESTROY XS THIS WEEKEND, THERE IS NO DOUBTING THAT

GO CHECK OUT THIS LINK AND TELL ME I'M WRONG AGAIN

Saleen,

I can't comment on the performance because I was not there for the performance. I left Merge to go to my hotel to pick up "something" and by the time I got back she had already performed. All of the people said the performance was great.

I will post my review tonight when I have fully recovered.

First off kosta, who got fired from 3 clubs, its pretty obvious you are either working for merge/metro or trying to get a job,,, what you said is bullshit... i spoke to the guy over at xxxxxx < can't post the name, i'm told i'm not allowed and he told me word for word what i already knew.... It was fake and either they got lied or got duped.... all your technical BS is just that BS!!! You know it and i know it!!!!!!!! They will not be in the states till august...... just like the castles in the sky mess......... you don't belive me look at the time and date on this post.....

LOOK AT THE MOTHERFUCKING TIME AND DATE ON THE POST, IT WAS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BEFORE MINE...... NOW YOU CALLING HER A LIAR WHO WORKS FOR THE LABEL??????????

YOU SUNK DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL KOSTA, NO WONDER YOU CAN'T KEEP A CLUB OPEN....

First off asshole who cant hold a job around here so moves to SOBE to feel ccol where there is a bigger job market for unemployed idiots. I was no t fired from three clubs dickhead. I was fired from Riverstreet and anyone you speak to including the owner will tell you it was not anything I did wrong. Diffrent strokes for different folks. As far as not being able to keep a club open when I managed Tribecca it was at its highest point since they opened 12 years ago. When drama was re-named Image it was on and off I'll admit but we got your sorry ass there, and I remember you waiting on Line to get it. You were one of the first people there. Just before we opened. I posted my shit before in an argument with LARAVER and I dont feel I need to explain myself to you or anyone else. I dont work for Metro/Merge I amnot trying to get a job there. I enjoy going to these places. I go to Metro for dinner every thursday. The food is great, are you gonna tell me I work there cause I loke the food. You are such a fucking tool. Go kill yourself in SOBE or OD on something already will ya.

As a matter of fact dickhead, at 24 years old Iseem to be doing ok for myself. Own 2 apts, CAR motorcycle, Perfume import/export company (50%) partner and am In the process of becoming a partner in an artist management company. So Fuck Yourself.

Kosta P.

Saleen, you didn't score any cock this weekend??? Calm down, stay in Florida and keep getting informed by your "sources."

you are the biggest looser on this board by far, you have no life and just post. Boiler Room workers become sick people, they feel they have to win every arguement b/c of the cold call mentality...

You get pissed on here every week, when are you going to have enough...

Kosta, get me a job there while your at it.... Let this guy bash all he wants, his agenda is obvious....

Originally posted by thesandman

Saleen, you didn't score any cock this weekend??? Calm down, stay in Florida and keep getting informed by your "sources."

you are the biggest looser on this board by far, you have no life and just post. Boiler Room workers become sick people, they feel they have to win every arguement b/c of the cold call mentality...

You get pissed on here every week, when are you going to have enough...

Kosta, get me a job there while your at it.... Let this guy bash all he wants, his agenda is obvious....

Sandman.. a TRUE mid-carder for LIFE!!!!!

WRONG, I CLEARLY SAID I CAN'T REMEMBER, HE DID TELL ME THOUGH, BUT THERE WERE SO MANY NUMBERS I JUST COULDN'T REMEMBER ALL OF THEM.... MAYBE HE MEANT 600 MORE THEN XS SOMETHING LIKE THAT, CAUSE MERGE DID DESTROY XS THIS WEEKEND, THERE IS NO DOUBTING THAT

Nice try Asshole........oh...Sally says that she works for the label......Give me a fucking break.....Your a loser who probably sucks off immigrents as they step off the boat....Get a fucking life....

Guest saleen351

not one person could intelligently say how or why the post was on the music board from someone i dont' know or never spoke to ever! talk all the smack you want.....

Originally posted by thesandman

Lock- your weak.... get off my band wagon...

I have ben on it for 12 hours now... you think I can come down now?????

" Best shore performance EVER!!!"

Give it up!!! you play out that phrase more than KTU the latest Eminem song!!!!

Saleen, i think i explained myself VERY clearly. Why didnt you respond to what i said? The "heaven" song, (brain adams remake) why are there 2 different shows being offered for the same song? I guess the people that give you info really are not as smart in the business as you might have thought. Is it the same guy that told you we did 600 people? Why would you even try to say something so stupid. EVERYONE that has posted on the board today, even people that said it was there 1st or 2nd time there, NOT PROMOTERS, SAID IT WAS PACKED TO THE WALLS! There honestly had to be 600 people there before about 11:30. I hate to tell you, the CP list alone had a response of almost 200 people.STOP HATEING SALEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE WRONG!!! The show was AMAZING and thats that..........lets move on.

By the way, good call on the "castle in the sky" mombo jombo. Was metro lied to cause we booked the show that was not the ACTUAL person that was still in the group, but the performance that went around was billed as "the real" singer of caslte in the sky? Theres alot of bullshit that happens in booking shows. You are apparantly not that schooled in that aspect. I will give you one more example of a real BAD show that we were dealt. Befor the summer, Metro lounge was promised one of the first performance s of ANDREA BROWN'S "TRIPPIN", well, to make a long story short, she performed at the SOUNDGARDEN (the first show in the tri- state area) the saturday before. Then she was booked at RIVER STREET on that friday and METRO LOUNGE the next night (saturday). Well, we were DISAPPOINTED, to say the least, at the performance. The girl seemed VERY nervious, and the "manager" didnt want her to get out of the limo. Anyway, THE SHOW,in my opinion, SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!No dancers, radio version of the song, show last about 2 minutes. HORRIBLE. It turns out , that just through conversation, we find out that it was NOT the same girl that performed at soundgarden the week before.She was much younger, and looked totally different then the girl that was there. The one that performed at riverstreet and metro was a different girl. When we raised hell about it, we were told , it was the REAL girl THAT PERFORMED ON THE RECORD, but the other one was prettier so the brought her back to perform. I think that the show sucked, AND WE PAID ALOT OF MONEY for her.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!!!We got the short end of the stick on that one. And after investagating it, we found out that that happans ALOT more than we all seem to know about. Hope this informed you a little into the world of booking shows. Once again.........if the show we had was a dupe,

Saleen lets call it how it is...... Merge was off the hook Saturday So why do have a problem with that.... Honestly I dont give a shit if the act was fake or not personally; Im not the biggest fan of tract acts anyway.... What it comes down to is the vibe that was in Merge, and the music that the Richie Rydell played.....Saleen you have to come here him before you pass judgement to do otherwise would be ingnorant.... So next time your coming up we'll have a cp meet up at Merge,and you can experience what everone is raving about when they are talking about the sets Richie is laying down week after week after week......

Saleen, i think i explained myself VERY clearly. Why didnt you respond to what i said? The "heaven" song, (brain adams remake) why are there 2 different shows being offered for the same song? I guess the people that give you info really are not as smart in the business as you might have thought.We get calls all the time from overseas booking agencies offering shows, or djs that most clubs would not book, mostly cause they are to expesnsive , or most clubs might not know who they are talking about.We spend ALOT of money bringing in shows or djs that no one would touch cause they are affraid of spending to much money. Do you think it is an accident that you have NEVER heard of djs being booked in seaside until THIS YEAR.................NEVER! (and if i am wrong, please correct me) and not that there is wrong with that, but, some people just dont want to spend the money, especial;ly if they dont need to... Is the person that gives you your knowledge about what goes on in the industry the same guy that told you we did 600 people? Why would you even try to say something so stupid. EVERYONE that has posted on the board today, even people that said it was there 1st or 2nd time there, NOT PROMOTERS, SAID IT WAS PACKED TO THE WALLS! There honestly had to be 600 people there before about 11:30. I hate to tell you, the CP list alone had a response of almost 200 people.STOP HATEING SALEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE WRONG!!! The show was AMAZING and thats that..........lets move on.

By the way, good call on the "castle in the sky" mombo jombo. Was metro lied to cause we booked the show that was not the ACTUAL person that was still in the group, but the performance that went around was billed as "the real" singer of caslte in the sky? Theres alot of bullshit that happens in booking shows. Most of it is record company bullshit.You are apparantly not that schooled in that aspect. I will give you one more example of a real BAD show that we were dealt. Befor the summer, Metro lounge was promised one of the first performance s of ANDREA BROWN'S "TRIPPIN", well, to make a long story short, she performed at the SOUNDGARDEN (the first show in the tri- state area) the saturday before. Then she was booked at RIVER STREET on that friday and METRO LOUNGE the next night (saturday). Well, we were DISAPPOINTED, to say the least, at the performance. The girl seemed VERY nervious, and the "manager" didnt want her to get out of the limo. Anyway, THE SHOW,in my opinion, SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!No dancers, radio version of the song, show last about 2 minutes, LIP SINKED the whole show, the manager actually had the balls to ask us to LOWER THE MIC!!!!!!!!!!!!. HORRIBLE. It turns out , that just through conversation ,cause the owners of soundgarden and metro are good friends, we find out that it was NOT the same girl that performed at soundgarden the week before.She was much younger, and looked totally different then the girl that was there. The one that performed at riverstreet and metro was a different girl. I was also told that the record company went to river street to meet with the girl ( who was supposed to be andrea brown) and THEY DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHO WAS PERFORMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE RECORD COMPANY THEMSELVES ( lets not even talk about trusting some of them. ) And you dont want to ask me about trust BOOKING AGENTS, DO YOU? Ask anyone on this board from the industry,how much they trust booking agents (most ,not all)When we raised hell about it, we were told , it was the REAL girl THAT PERFORMED ON THE RECORD, but the other one was prettier so they brought her back to perform. BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think that the show sucked, AND WE PAID ALOT OF MONEY for her.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!!! tHERE WAS NOTHING WE COULD DO!We got the short end of the stick .Our main concern was that , we felt like our customers were disappointed with the show, which bothered us. And after investagating it, we found out that that happans ALOT more than we all seem to know about.Anyway, as far as i know that is not what happened here. THE SHOW WAS AMAZING.Hope this informed you a little into the world of booking shows. Once again.........if the show we had was a dupe, meaning that she was the singer, but not the producer, or she was the one in the studio or blah, blah,blah........................ IT WAS A FANTASTIC SHOW, one of the best i have ever seen or heard,SHE SOUNDED INCREDIBLE, ask anyone who was there. No complaints from anyone. Our customers , from what i have heard, with out a doubt got there moneys worth. That makes us happy .I am done with this.......And saleen, if you didnt have a "hidden agenda" why on earth would you waste your time on emails and what not............just a thought. Believe me, we are not the enemy.....:D