Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Live artists performing at clubs

I'm sorry...but after that whole drama over Lasgo started, I just have to voice my opinion here on artists performing at clubs. I dont like it...and I think it brings down the venues that do this type of thing.

If anyone went to Merge last weekend because they wanted to hear Lasgo sing the song they have heard for the 1,000,000th time this summer already....please raise your hand (to the keyboard and reply). I personally stay away from clubs on the nights they have this...I think it is a) the biggest waste of time during the night B) the biggest waste of $$ and c) bringing down the club scene in NJ.

When was the last time you saw a live artist interrupt Danny's set at Vinyl, or how bout a 15 minute break from JP's set at Factory to hear an artist perform, etc etc. I feel a great leap forward was made by Hunka Bunka and Abyss (and other clubs) this fall/winter at taking the first baby steps at getting the Jersey scene changed around to something that is finally respectable. I feel the scene takes a big leap backward every time we have these artists perform. ..which lately seems to be all the time this summer. The night should be about the DJ spinning, not the artist performing.

Sorry if this causes drama...but I've been told by some that my opinions are usually valid so I continue to post them.

Carusomaas

Originally posted by carusomaas11

When was the last time you saw a live artist interrupt Danny's set at Vinyl, or how bout a 15 minute break from JP's set at Factory to hear an artist perform, etc etc. I feel a great leap forward was made by Hunka Bunka and Abyss (and other clubs) this fall/winter at taking the first baby steps at getting the Jersey scene changed around to something that is finally respectable. I feel the scene takes a big leap backward every time we have these artists perform. ..which lately seems to be all the time this summer. The night should be about the DJ spinning, not the artist performing.

artists peforming are gay..half the time they lip sync anyway....Roxy always has people coming to perform there, and its cheese

enough with the performances, enough with the t-shirt giveaways, enough with KTU.....clubs should spend more time coming up with original ideas to bring us out...

BG

Originally posted by unclebuc

What the fuck are you talking about....Factory has performances all the time......and the righ performances add to the evening.....

Jana at factory was awsome....

Debrah Cox......I don't know I happen to like them!!!!!

i happen to like performances myself, it adds to the clubscene, it doesn't bring it down. there are more to clubs, that just the dj.

1. atmosphere

2. performances

3. crowd

4. last but on least, of course the dj.

Originally posted by ibclubbin

artists peforming are gay..half the time they lip sync anyway....Roxy always has people coming to perform there, and its cheese

enough with the performances, enough with the t-shirt giveaways, enough with KTU.....clubs should spend more time coming up with original ideas to bring us out...

BG

I agree, except the one time I did enjoy a performance was at the Roxy. And it was not the type of performance you would expec t..........I mean the Sugar Hill Gang came on and sang Rappers Delight..the place went nuts........I think old skool performances are somewhat acceptable.........it brings back memories..........The songs today should be spun by DJs, but if TKA were to show up somewhere, I'd probably go, but I am a little bit of the old skool guido

Originally posted by unclebuc

What the fuck are you talking about....Factory has performances all the time......and the righ performances add to the evening.....

Jana at factory was awsome....

Debrah Cox......I don't know I happen to like them!!!!!

SF sats dont have performances, they have stage shows....totally different

BG

Originally posted by stiffler

I agree, except the one time I did enjoy a performance was at the Roxy. And it was not the type of performance you would expec t..........I mean the Sugar Hill Gang came on and sang Rappers Delight..the place went nuts........I think old skool performances are somewhat acceptable.........it brings back memories..........The songs today should be spun by DJs, but if TKA were to show up somewhere, I'd probably go, but I am a little bit of the old skool guido

I love old skool performances too! :D

Originally posted by teresadf

I love old skool performances too! :D

I have to agree as well... Don't laugh but I had the Best time at Joey's a few weeks ago. C & C Music Factory Performed. It was great! We were there for a Birthday and we all got trahed and sang along...

Originally posted by sigmagal

I have to agree as well... Don't laugh but I had the Best time at Joey's a few weeks ago. C & C Music Factory Performed. It was great! We were there for a Birthday and we all got trahed and sang along...

C'mon lets sweat, baby...................................

I'm still waiting for T.K.A. or Stevie B to perform at Tempts (lol)

Good Post,,

I totaly agree with the artists singing,,TOO PLAYED OUT.. as for the radio stations,,,Its cool once ina blue moon,,,maybe on holidays or something, Cause I know sometimes im inn the car and you put on a station and they're like, :WE"RE LIVE @ SUCH AND SUCH",,I do geta bit jealous cause im not there,,

I think it takes time out from us jammen,,,

Victor Soto

Red Carpet promo

Originally posted by sigmagal

That must have been a great night! :D

I completely agree with you...the DJ IS the entertainment, thats why people go in the first place, thats why I go anyway:dj:

BUT, the abyss/hunka bunka comment...They have sooo many performers all the time, thats why I think those venues have a different taste to them now...I am by no means saying they arent fun (Manny is UNREAL at abyss!!!), but they do have a lot of artist perform, and you are right for the most part, it does ruin the atmosphere, unless its one of those exceptions ( really good artist, really good place, really good stage show):)