Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"A.I." (I just watched it for the first time and...)

I'm the bigest sap in the entire world...

I think I went through an entire box of cleenex

(Blows nose)

What a fucking movie!

Holy shit I had no idea...

Why did this film get such

bad reviews?

It's probably one of thee most

heart touching, twisted,

uber sci-fi flicks

I've EVER seen about Artificial

Intelligence...

(Next to Bladerunner of course)

But my god..

what visions from

Spielberg..

what elegance in shot by shot..

I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS

FILM TO ANYONE THAT HAS LOVE

FOR THIS GENRE.

*Then again I love anything

to do with Arificial Intellience so

I might be taken by the simple fact

that I MYSELF AM

A CLONED MUGWUMP.

(And have had many affairs with

Robots)

attachment.php?s=&postid=901117

PLUS THE WEB SITE IS AMAZING!

Check it out you can:

CHAT WITH A CHATBOT

(Actual "thinking" program that

can have a one on one conversation with you)

VIEW THE TIMELINE OF ROBOTS

READ ABOUT LOVE MACHINES

(At some point in the future there

will be Robots that can "LOVE")

*Watch interviews about what

scientists have to say on the subject.

Go here:

http://aimovie.warnerbros.com/

yeah, i really liked the movie a lot. I don't get what was so bad about it. The one thing that I really didnt liek abotu it was that whoel drawn out ending. Right where he goes under water and sees the Blue princess thing in Coney Island, and the narrator starts talking about how he stayed there until he ran out of batteries or something, i was like, "holy shit, this was a great movie." But then it dragged on for another half an hour. i thought that would have been the best ending for that movie. whatever, it was still a great movie. If you liked the way he portrayed the future in that movie, check out Minority Report. Another good one, but IMO the ending got a little weak.

Originally posted by zekefreak

yeah, i really liked the movie a lot. I don't get what was so bad about it. The one thing that I really didnt liek abotu it was that whoel drawn out ending. Right where he goes under water and sees the Blue princess thing in Coney Island, and the narrator starts talking about how he stayed there until he ran out of batteries or something, i was like, "holy shit, this was a great movie." But then it dragged on for another half an hour. i thought that would have been the best ending for that movie. whatever, it was still a great movie. If you liked the way he portrayed the future in that movie, check out Minority Report. Another good one, but IMO the ending got a little weak.

I liked the ending better in A.I

than Minority report...

I liked the fact that the story

took a turn into a much, much

deeper state of sci-fi..

god like..

almost like the end of 2001..

I like that.

I love to be surprised at the end..

The under water ending would have been

too predictable..

Aliens bringing back

Davids dead mother through

DNA cloning for a day

was BRILLIANT!

What a masterpiece this

movie is..

I watched BICENTENIAL MAN

right after it and it fealt

so

weak..

(Cute..but weak)

NOW Go check out the site!

QUICK!

Originally posted by flying_high

Can only agree that it was definitely nothing I expected. The shots were great, really well made movie...and I do understand the nose blowing mugwump ;)

A robot that looses everyone around him..

that wants to be a real boy!

That loves but can't be accepted

by the rest of humanity..

only aliens in the end

give him true hapiness..

Hmmmm..

I can relate to that

on so many levels

that I thought my head

was gonna explode like a scene from

scanners..

I've never had Sci-Fi move me

to sobs like this one.

CHECK OUT THE SITE!

Originally posted by apotheosis

"you can make a robot boy truley love a human,

but can you make that human love him back?"

yes you can but when that robot never grows up and learns to live on its own its human owners will tire of it after a few years.... and throw it in the closet like that vibrator which was fun for a few laughs and made you feel good, but it ain't the real thing.

zekefreak: i think they should have ended the film just a little bit later - right after the future robots find him, dig him up and say "he had contact with the humans" and we get a sense of how they are trying to dig up their own origins just like people are. and then ended it right there. if so, it would have been the greatest filmmaking masterpiece of our time. the rest of "we can bring her back but for just one day"... total b.s. and completely unnecessary.

the sound you heard when teddy pulled out that 2000 year old hair was the sound of 200 hands in the audience slapping their own heads. without that crap it would have been an epic to be remembered for generations.

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by zekefreak

The one thing that I really didnt liek abotu it was that whoel drawn out ending. Right where he goes under water and sees the Blue princess thing in Coney Island, and the narrator starts talking about how he stayed there until he ran out of batteries or something, i was like, "holy shit, this was a great movie." But then it dragged on for another half an hour. i thought that would have been the best ending for that movie.

Agreed.

P.S. Jude Law.. :D

I loved the concept

that the movie took you farther into

the future than you possibly could

have expected it to be..

The realm of future technology can

only appear GODLIKE and incomprehensable

to a society that perhaps expects

batteries to die after a short run..

the film took you to ETERNITY

and beyond..

and that eternity had a heart..

not cold like nor abstract

and synthetic...

the end was TRUE CYBER LOVE..

true sci-fi geekdome.

I LOVED THE ENDING.

And it was a perfect irony that

a robot child held

the only key of humanities'

lost history..

Teddy was one smart toy..

and the gift of DAVID'S cloned

mother through DNA was the

most beautifull thing I

have ever seen in a sci-fi

movie.

Only cynics

could have never gotten it.

THIS ROBOT

DOES HAVE A HEART...

You all need to go visit

OZ..

or in this case:

"THE BLUE FAIRIE"

The last 20 minutes definitely needed to be cut out... Other than that I liked it; it really made you think and was great at sparking debate. Too bad it wasn't solely Kubric's work tho, it would have been a hundred times better if Spielberg had no part in it.

Originally posted by gothzane

The real son should have stayed in a coma =P

:flame:

Where can I buy one of those teddy bears? ;)

http://www.robotstore.com/catalog/default.asp

Tastyt:

Though Kubrik was a bad ass..

I think it would have taken a much, much slower pace than Spielberg..

Don't knock the guy..

His work MAY read as Sentimental

fluff..but that's why I like him..

He puts a heart in sci-fi.

HE IS THE BLUE FAIRIE.

But to each his/her own...

I recommend anyone who's been

reading this and hasn't seen it to run out and rent it emediately..

WARNING:

MUST NOT HAVE A SHORT ATTENTION

SPAN.

I didn't like it. There were too many conflicting visions onf the future that didn't really add up. Like the rural location of the family's house, in relation to the robot facility, in relation to the city of sin, the redneck carnival, the sunken city. It all just didn't add up. What kind of society was this? It never became believable to me.

I could go on, but I haven't seen it since it came out, so...

It made perfect sense....down to the world freezing over.

The icecaps were melting....Think Waterworld.

Only some parts of the world were above water.

The rich lived in suberbs under strict laws.

The red-necks as you say...or FleshFairers lived where they could

The city of sin was where the rich went for fun...Las Vegas.

The sunken city was probably a borderline city that was flooded by the icecaps..New York? Where the main cyborg lab was built to be protected from the FleshFairs.

What got me was that the fleshfairs only went after the old, broken, or unauthorized robots....not all of them in general....intresting.

I put off seeing that movie for so long because of the reviews, But then one day I just bought the DVD and I thought this movie was awesome. One of the best made Futuristic, sci-fi(or is it?) movies I have seen in a long time. I automatically fell in lov ewith Teddy and someday hope to have my very own teddy.

But the endind was so trippy. Just to think that before september 11th, people could have watched the shot of manhattan under water and thought Nah. But to see WTC in that movie like that was just really trippy to me.

Originally posted by chula22

Just to think that before september 11th, people could have watched the shot of manhattan under water and thought Nah..

I had the same

reaction..

I literaly got butterflies

in my stomach when I saw

NY under water...

And I agree with Gothzane..

The locations all made

sense to me...

I wish I could see more

intelligent Sci-Fi

like this..

It's a lost art..

Now that I read what I wrote...I sort od answered my own question...I do that alot..

I think that the Fleshfair accepted robots as souless units under control....but once they went renegade...showed any sign of life...they became abomination.

Im goig to stop reading into it....getting too religious for my tastes....but there is something intresting there.

How creation forms into abomination.....which forms into humanity through a childs eyes....through love.

Theres hope for us Demons yet...

What got me was that the fleshfairs only went after the old, broken, or unauthorized robots....not all of them in general....intresting.

Now that I read what I wrote...I sort od answered my own question...I do that alot..

I think that the Fleshfair accepted robots as souless units under control....but once they went renegade...showed any sign of life...they became abomination.

Im goig to stop reading into it....getting too religious for my tastes....but there is something intresting there.

How creation forms into abomination.....which forms into humanity through a childs eyes....through love.

Oh religion definitely played a huge role in it... questioning that which is considered human and all that... the Fleshfairs stunk to high heavens of the holocaust... it was a spielberg movie after all...

Based on a story collaboration

between Kubrik and Brian Aldiss

check this out:

Super-Toys Last All Summer Long

by Brian Aldiss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aldiss, in a January 1997 interview with Wired Magazine, says that in the early 90's he Stanley Kubrick made two collaborative attempts to turn his story "Supertoys..." into a script. "I can't tell you how many directions we went. My favorite was when David and Teddy got exiled to Tin City, a place where the old model robots, like old cars, were living out their days. Stanley definitely had the ambition to make another big science fiction movie, but in the end, we didn't get anywhere. Stanley called in Arthur Clarke and asked him to provide a scenario, but he didn't like that, either....

"I have a feeling, having worked with him, that he hasn't got the dashing confidence of youth," says Aldiss. "But of course, with age, you acquire a different sort of confidence." The director's creative vision, meanwhile, is clearer than ever. "Stanley embraces android technology," Aldiss notes, "and thinks it might eventually take over -- and be an improvement over the human race."

The original drafts made by Aldiss and Kubrick became the starting point for his as-yet unfinished project A.I. Following the departure of Aldiss, Kubrick subsequently worked with authors Ian Watson and Bob Shaw. The film is currently under pre-production in London; few further details are currently known.

"Supertoys..." appeared first in Harper's Bazaar, and is ©1969 Brian Aldiss, all rights reserved

Originally posted by mugwump

What a fucking movie!

Holy shit I had no idea...

Why did this film get such

bad reviews?

It's probably one of thee most

heart touching, twisted,

uber sci-fi flicks

I've EVER seen about Artificial

Intelligence...

(Next to Bladerunner of course)

But my god..

what visions from

Spielberg..

what elegance in shot by shot..

I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS

FILM TO ANYONE THAT HAS LOVE

FOR THIS GENRE.

I LOVED this movie!!! I saw it a couple of months ago and I was SHOCKED because I heard such bad reviews...It was one of the best movies ive seen all year.... didnt Stanley Kurbrick leave notes of ideas for this movie before he passed away?

....and JuDE LAW:drool: :drool: