Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 7/1

weyes

try to be as accomadating and flexible an employee as you can when you think your job may be in jeopardy or that the boss' opinion of you might have any bearing on whether or not you have a future at your workplace :hey: .

tune in tomorrow.

Originally posted by weyes

try to be as accomadating and flexible an employee as you can when you think your job may be in jeopardy or that the boss' opinion of you might have any bearing on whether or not you have a future at your workplace :hey: .

tune in tomorrow.

whether or not your job is on the line, i agree with this only to a certain extent...flexibility is definitely a key to success, the more tasks you take on and accomplish, the more you prove your worth

however...when it comes to accomodations, i think you have to draw a line at some point (and maybe i am misinterpreting what you mean by accomodate)...you can not be sooooo accomodating that you allow the rest of the office to use you as the company doormat, you must be assertive...if you think a policy sucks, say something, don't just sit there and fume in silence, chances are other people think it sucks as well...if you get passed up for a promotion you thought you desired, don't be afraid to voice your opinion or if it comes down to it (and you can afford it) threaten resignation...the squeeky wheel gets the grease

Originally posted by joeygk

are we gettin' a lil' window into your life, maybe?? hope everything works out............

:laugh: rock on, joey... ;)

o, and of course, gumby, being overly accomodating to the point of attaining doormat or errand-boy status is not only a bad idea but can get one in trouble as well.

but another cliche works here too: ya gotta pick your battles. if there's some silly little task that you can perform that'll keep the peace every once in a while, it's not so terrible to help out.

Originally posted by weyes

o, and of course, gumby, being overly accomodating to the point of attaining doormat or errand-boy status is not only a bad idea but can get one in trouble as well.

but another cliche works here too: ya gotta pick your battles. if there's some silly little task that you can perform that'll keep the peace every once in a while, it's not so terrible to help out.

werd

gumby...you are alive?

hi.

Originally posted by gumby76

whether or not your job is on the line, i agree with this only to a certain extent...flexibility is definitely a key to success, the more tasks you take on and accomplish, the more you prove your worth

however...when it comes to accomodations, i think you have to draw a line at some point (and maybe i am misinterpreting what you mean by accomodate)...you can not be sooooo accomodating that you allow the rest of the office to use you as the company doormat, you must be assertive...if you think a policy sucks, say something, don't just sit there and fume in silence, chances are other people think it sucks as well...if you get passed up for a promotion you thought you desired, don't be afraid to voice your opinion or if it comes down to it (and you can afford it) threaten resignation...the squeeky wheel gets the grease